test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

all warbirds flying at half impulse, abnormally low engine power settings

ravedthradravedthrad Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a Romulan engineer, and when flyiing a warbird (i.e., 99.99% of the time) I normally play on the "power to weapons" energy settings preset.

About a week ago, during a run of the Azure Nebula Rescue STF I noticed my Tulwar warbird flying very slowly when not on full impulse speed. After the mission, I did some testing with a friend of mine who owns a similar ship (a Scimitar). With everything else unequipped except for identical copies of the same engine, he was running much faster than I was.

On further testing, the issue appears to affect all my engineer's warbirds, not just the one I was in when I noticed the bug. I also have a Risian corvette and a Risian luxury cruiser, which are unaffected by the bug. I also have a Klingon KDF character as well as a Federation character, who are also both unaffected.

Summary of the facts that I've been able to observe:

1. Every quarter-speed "pip" of impulse power gives a little over 3 impulse speed, with top (non-full) impulse speed at roughly 13 impulse speed.

2. Engine power seems to be adding up wrong: the Tulwar is supposed to have an inherent +5 to engine power settings, but my three warbirds (I also have a Ha'apax and a Mirror Ha'feh) all have engine power stuck at 19/15, using the "attack" preset.

3. Full impulse speed seems to be unaffected, but running at full impulse automatically increases engine power anyway.

4. Engine power changes to 15/15 when in sector space, but warp speed is unaffected.

5. My Tiercel shuttle and Kestrel runabout appear to be similarly affected.

So far, I've tried dying to see if that would reset my character's status, but that hasn't helped. I've unequipped and re-equipped everything from all my warbirds, which hasn't helped either. Any help on solving this problem (not just changing energy levels or presets) would be very much appreciated.