test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Easy Excahnge fix

antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
OK Cryptic its time to get rid of the "noob" list on the exchange. The search all has always been borked up... most of us all know that.

There is however a super easy fix that would solve this on your end with out having to do anything major.

Simply remove the "any Rank" option from the search. Just make the first rank the default setting. As long as you have the lowest rank selected you can search everything on the exchange and see the proper info returned.

Making that one little change fixes one of the longest standing exchange bugs. It would also end the dual lists that exist for items like mark and skill bonuses as well as R&D catalysts and doff mission items. (not that there isn't plenty of other effected items)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Post edited by antoniosalieri on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Someone is forgetting the 400 items limit...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »

This. Seriously, are we ever going to see more than 400 items at once someday??

And for the op.. you forget that for cryptic.. removing things is sometimes even harder than adding em... :D, oh wait, not always, they did a fantastic job with the exploration clusters.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Doesn't have anything to do with that 30-40 item sucker list that comes up if you forget or don't realize you have to select the lowest rank to properly search for any item with no category.

By removing the option to not select a rank at all... they remove that list from ever displaying... and people that bug there items to hit that list can enjoy never selling them I guess.

Would be nice if they just fixed it proper... after 4 years of the same bug and the existance of the noob list its obvious they either don't know how or care to fix it right.

Removing the option to not select a rank is a quick and dirty fix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Every time I see a thread like this, one that declares it an easy fix, automatically makes me think "oh dear here's someone who hasn't got a single clue about any form of programming at all".

It may seem like an easy fix to you, but it's not as simple as you think, it may take one change on a line of code to change that specific entry, but that single change can effect literally thousands of other lines of code that hook into it, just to take out that option and switch the default values around could potentially cost days of man hours rewriting lines of code that although aren't directly related may hook into that line down the chain.

As an example a little while ago I was working on a PHP script for a web site and I needed to literally only change a simple value, the gap between two page elements, it took me three days of messing around with the code because every time I made one change it effected something else and that cascaded to the point where I had to start from scratch multiple times (yes i know it's not the same as real programming, PHP's easier and less can go wrong, if this much could go wrong form a simple change in PHP then imagine what could go wrong on code like STO's).
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think the time for small changes is over. The exchange is a mess. It needs a complete overhaul. The additions they've made for seaseon 9.5 are ridicoulus. Adding tabs somewhere at the end of the list when they would have perfectly fitted into one of the already exisiting tabs? I seriously hope that the exchange is on the to-do list for the next expansion.

-Make every existing item fit into at least one tab (fleet modules, boosts, etc)

-Introduce more subcategories like ship packs, doff packs, pets, boosts, etc

-Put tabs and subcategories in a proper order. Kits and Modules are personal equipement, R&D stuff commodities.

-Fix the ALL search function. For once I would really like to see complete lists of items I'm looking for. Not just a random sample.

-Give us a proper search function, more sliders or check boxes. I want to be able to search for specific traits on the exchange, not for doff names! How ridicoulus is that?! Who designed this?

-Get rid of features nobody ever uses. Like the "sort by value" or "no sorting" or "sort by name" sliders and while you're on it, fix the "sort by descending/ascending price" bug.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014

on top of the fact that rank based items from mk 2 to mk 12 will be mixed and matched and without noticing too much you think your going for the perfect mk 12 weapon for 6million credits and end up accidentally buying a mk 2 weapon instead for the same price.

so yeah that supposed super easy fix is also a silly one.

the exchange needs a brand new makeover, facelifts by going under the knife all the time can only do so much before you end up with a circus freakshow. you need something new before long, something new and original.

i doubt the exchange will ever get touched on, a lot of resources and time will be needed for it, more then a few months i would imagine.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is it that hard to put say "Mk XII" * into the search bar? The OP does have a point, it would make it better.

* or whatever mark you want.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    Is it that hard to put say "Mk XII" * into the search bar? The OP does have a point, it would make it better.

* or whatever mark you want.

remember, instant gratification is the rule on sto.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In a way, I hope that they never touch the exchange. I am afraid that they will turn it into a psudo-grind/reputation system like everything else.

Ferengi Marks anyone?
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They are the only race one can truly RP in STO...