test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tachyon Detection Field - for KDF:

dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
edited July 2014 in PvP Gameplay
I really don't have an issue with the Fedz getting Aceton Assimilator, in-fact I think its a very good thing coz for a while now it has been said that AA is a crutch that only the KDF have access to....

Fair point, not an issues any longer.

But seriously why haven't the KDF been given access to Tachyon Detection Field >>

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Tachyon_Detection_Field

Seems like a much fairer trade off for Feddy access to AA in my opinion...

Maybe that's just me...:confused:

D,
OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
>>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
>>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
Post edited by dius1981 on

Comments

• torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But feds don't cloak... ?

Oh wait...
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • jangoak47jangoak47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd have to agree at this point, they have all our shiny consoles.
    Plasmonic Leech, Subspace Jump, Theta Radation, and now AA's

We have gotten:
    Photonic Displacement, Ionized Gas Sensor, Point Defence, and the Enhanced Plasma Manifold.

Arguably we have been shafted (as per the usual)

I would just like some more semi useful consoles. And the ability to make a snooper on my KDF :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Have to wonder if three months from now we'll see the TDF/EIC/Valdore Lock Box...that they did the EPM/AA one first to generate revenue from Feds and they'll the other next to generate revenue from Feds gouging the KDF on the Exchange...

...hrmm, that reads a little paranoid as if Cryptic is out to get the KDF. :rolleyes:
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Enhanced Plasma Manifold > Aceton Assimilator.

To be honest, you couldn't pretend to have the exclusive on Plasmonic Leech, with no counters to it and making a huge difference in any fight.

And seriously, TDF to spot feds? :confused:
    edited July 2014

You're right. Rather than give the KDF access to TDF, they should just make all Romulans KDF-aligned. ;)
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014

To be honest, you couldn't pretend to have the exclusive on Plasmonic Leech, with no counters to it and making a huge difference in any fight.

3 min CD power boost console is better than 1 minute AA which drain and help absorb FAW spam. You are joking right?
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    With the influx of Fed allied Romulans... the KDF is kinda in need of more anti cloak capability. So far they only really have the Ionized Gas Sensor from the lockboxes.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited July 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    3 min CD power boost console is better than 1 minute AA which drain and help absorb FAW spam. You are joking right?

plasma manifold is a kinda great console for vaping purposes, that I see widely used nowadays. AAs true help stop the FAW spam. just carry a kinetic weapon, repel it, torp it, fly away. They never really bothered me. WCE was constantly removing its draining effect.
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited July 2014
    plasma manifold is a kinda great console for vaping purposes, that I see widely used nowadays. AAs true help stop the FAW spam. just carry a kinetic weapon, repel it, torp it, fly away. They never really bothered me. WCE was constantly removing its draining effect.

You are right that Plasma Manifold is kinda great. Its actually really good an I like that we have that option of using it.

But Tachyon Detection Field is a bit of a game changer for a snoop build. And what with the recent influx of noobish T'varo vape builds popping up in Ker'rat - K'Vork im looking at you...:P

I just think it would have been fairer to give us that instead.

Still hope KDF do get access to it soon though. Tachyon Detection Field shouldn't be Fed exclusive any longer...:cool:

D,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • iskandusiskandus Member Posts: 1,062 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just to clarify, I have only shared the specifics, aka. the recipe of K'Vork with one other person, who is a trusted fleetmate and who happened to be the only other person in our fleet who does pvp with any semblance regularity. Apparently, that move prompted half of the HOBO to put him on ignore, as he told me after I came back from vacation. :D The other Feds using TDF in Kerrat has absolutely nothing to do with me and frankly, I don't think they are using it very effectively or else, more of them would have got HOBO's nerves. For example, Lara_Maximilian in his Nebula - he may have great SDR but all the Klinks in Kerrat can see him like 30KM+ out and he is slow, that single fact would alert the Klinks either to stay far away or gank him in sync. I really haven't see many other Feds using TDF to their fullest potential, not to say never, but very rarely. Most treated it like a shiny toy but they don't seem to know how to use it.

Here is a fresh screenshot taken today : http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/584657833736752322/A32CBFD2D64BD1534FD0AA2A775901F8FF94EB31/

That's a HOBO exploded today while cloaked and trying to flee (HEHE of HOBO) ;) Hoho, now I am sensing another armada of 10 HOBO coming after me soon. :D:D

I will admit on average, KDF players are superior PVPers therefore, if TDF is given to Klink, it will create serious balance issues. Fed players far outnumber Klink but they are more casual and less hardcore. Klink players tend to exploit consoles to their limits, sometimes even beyond their specification which often break consoles. Just picture Kerrat ganked by a HOBO premade using TDF and 10000 other cheese, now Fed would need to pay a fee to enter Kerrat then. Seriously, that's just bad business for Cryptic and can upset the majority of their customer base which is the Fed. For balance reasons, I think TDF should be off limit to Klinks because some KDF fleet have a bad reputation of exploiting consoles and turn them game breaking.
  • mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iskandus wrote: »
    I will admit on average, KDF players are superior PVPers therefore, if TDF is given to Klink, it will create serious balance issues. Fed players far outnumber Klink but they are more casual and less hardcore. Klink players tend to exploit consoles to their limits, sometimes even beyond their specification which often break consoles. Just picture Kerrat ganked by a HOBO premade using TDF and 10000 other cheese, now Fed would need to pay a fee to enter Kerrat then. Seriously, that's just bad business for Cryptic and can upset the majority of their customer base which is the Fed. For balance reasons, I think TDF should be off limit to Klinks because some KDF fleet have a bad reputation of exploiting consoles and turn them game breaking.

Hahaha, HoBOs are such boogeymen that they will even break the game and evict all feds from ker'rat permanently with just the TDF console? Your exaggerations are astounding.

Also going on about your "s00per secret" snoop build is laughable. You must remember the times when various HoBOs and myself have snooped you out repeatedly without TDF. Maybe fear of a true KDF snooper build is where all this doom saying comes from.

But of course any death at the hands of a HoBO is because he is using hax/exploits/fed friends/etc
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs
    edited July 2014
    mindsharp wrote: »
    Hahaha, HoBOs are such boogeymen that they will even break the game and evict all feds from ker'rat permanently with just the TDF console? Your exaggerations are astounding.

Also going on about your "s00per secret" snoop build is laughable. You must remember the times when various HoBOs and myself have snooped you out repeatedly without TDF. Maybe fear of a true KDF snooper build is where all this doom saying comes from.

But of course any death at the hands of a HoBO is because he is using hax/exploits/fed friends/etc

Uh...when you have that many ships working in coordination and at least 3 of them doing nothing but waiting for me, feel free to gloat all you want. You think you can see me , hate to break you, only because I let you to, given your ship has no cloak and I could easily avoid you, and it has "I am the dedicated scanner" written all over you because you just park there doing absolutely nothing. If I don't want you to see me, you never will. Sorry, unless you can remain cloaked and scan without being detected, your so called snooping is just laughable. I came to Kerrat to have fun, even knowing full where there is a whole armada of HOBO there to gank me and no one else to help me, I still made a point of blowing you up, Unspoken, three days ago even if that means the other HOBO were going to gank me. The fact is, you died, despite having so many other HOBO to help you, that alone said quite a bit of how you would fare if HOBO didn't have such major numerical superiority. Oh wait that already happened, Ms. Tala used to be the "Scanner" for HOBO about a month ago, then a smart Fed PM me and said: "I hate that HOBO TRIBBLE who just sit there and doing nothing but scan." Poor Tala who was only expecting me got vaped by an unknown Fed - hilarious moment. Hate to break it to you, your so called strategy work when you have overwhelming numerical advantage. You sincerely believe you can sit there and just scan peacefully if there is another Fed premade nearby? If you believe so, you can't be help.
    edited July 2014
    Uh...when you have that many ships working in coordination and at least 3 of them doing nothing but waiting for me, feel free to gloat all you want. You think you can see me , hate to break you, only because I let you to, given your ship has no cloak and I could easily avoid you, and it has "I am the dedicated scanner" written all over you because you just park there doing absolutely nothing. If I don't want you to see me, you never will. Sorry, unless you can remain cloaked and scan without being detected, your so called snooping is just laughable. I came to Kerrat to have fun, even knowing full where there is a whole armada of HOBO there to gank me and no one else to help me, I still made a point of blowing you up, Unspoken, three days ago even if that means the other HOBO were going to gank me. The fact is, you died, despite having so many other HOBO to help you, that alone said quite a bit of how you would fare if HOBO didn't have such major numerical superiority. Oh wait that already happened, Ms. Tala used to be the "Scanner" for HOBO about a month ago, then a smart Fed PM me and said: "I hate that HOBO TRIBBLE who just sit there and doing nothing but scan." Poor Tala who was only expecting me got vaped by an unknown Fed - hilarious moment. Hate to break it to you, your so called strategy work when you have overwhelming numerical advantage. You sincerely believe you can sit there and just scan peacefully if there is another Fed premade nearby? If you believe so, you can't be help.

Of course you can avoid me. Just stay away from the fight and be useless like normal. I hate to deflate your ego but HoBO doesnt only kill you, all feds die while you sit in cloak. You accuse me of gloating yet you make sure to mention the one kill you got after dying 20 times in a row and posting screens of a kill on someone? Not only did I sit there and scan peacefully while feds and borg shot at me I caused your death over and over while you tried for that perfect moment that would allow you to post a kill shot in zone. Hows that for gloating?
    PUNISH THE FEDs
    edited July 2014
    mindsharp wrote: »
    Of course you can avoid me. Just stay away from the fight and be useless like normal. I hate to deflate your ego but HoBO doesnt only kill you, all feds die while you sit in cloak. You accuse me of gloating yet you make sure to mention the one kill you got after dying 20 times in a row and posting screens of a kill on someone? Not only did I sit there and scan peacefully while feds and borg shot at me I caused your death over and over while you tried for that perfect moment that would allow you to post a kill shot in zone. Hows that for gloating?

ROFL! Seriously, your ship had no heals and no dmg and can do nothing else. If not for the mass of HOBO around you, can you even kill a probe? I doubt it. But of course, I died many times that day, that's fact, part of it was to test the different escape strategies and see which consoles work and which don't. In any event, 1 vs. god, I don't even how many HOBOs, there was just like a ton of them around. And it wasn't because of you, you did no dmg whatsoever, that's how pathetic your Unspoken build is as it requires other HOBO to shoot for you. Unlike you, I am entirely self-reliant. I scan and I kill, don't need other clutches around me. As for "all Fed die while you sit in cloak", you make it sound as though if I cloak, the other Feds can't fight. Mr. Ego, in case you failed to notice, you outnumbered the Feds in that instance several times over. And if we exclude the farmers, there was maybe 2 or 3 Fed PvPers there vs. at least good 7 - 8 HOBO + some other Klinks. You honestly take pride in this kind of uneven circumstances? In instances or occasions, where your gank doesn't outnumber the Feds in a given instance, like Saturday morning of last week, your precious HOBO all duck for cover because there were several good Fed players there and you didn't have an overwhelming numerical advantage. As a result, you guys quickly left the instance that day, talking about definition of coward, if there is ever one needed. Let's face it, you guys have a bad rep because of your tendency to gank in a premade in a zone not designed for premades. But at times when you don't have numerical advantage, it's not the Fed who dies, it's you. At least the Panda pride themselves on equal playing field (aka. 5 vs. 5), you guys only enjoy this game when you outnumber your opponents 5 to 1.

Please keep up the good work. At this rate, most Fed would just automatically warp out or change instance when you show up in a full armada in a zone not meant for premades. I think most Fed are casual players, I know I am. We go to Kerrat to have casual gameplay. If we want hardcore stuff, there are other places for that. Few casual players enjoy the kind of exploit and ganking you guys bring. How fun is it for an average player who doesn't even have the top gear to have a full premade, geared to the teeth and cheese pouring out from every single hole to constantly gank and spawn camp them? I don't mind dying because I enjoy the challenge even when I am being outnumbered. If individual HOBO want to play, like today, it was fine. I don't have a problem. But if you guys want to show up as 10+ people just to troll Kerrat, I am not going to stick around and I doubt many people would too given this has happened way too frequently. You will find there won't be any Fed dying because no one wants to play your troll premade.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kerrat has always had unbalanced encounters. Either accept it or switch zone or avoid Kerrat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »
    You are right that Plasma Manifold is kinda great. Its actually really good an I like that we have that option of using it.

But Tachyon Detection Field is a bit of a game changer for a snoop build. And what with the recent influx of noobish T'varo vape builds popping up in Ker'rat - K'Vork im looking at you...:P

I just think it would have been fairer to give us that instead.

Still hope KDF do get access to it soon though. Tachyon Detection Field shouldn't be Fed exclusive any longer...:cool:

D,

Well you got a point. However, I hope you don't get Tachyon Detection Grid, TDF is enough :)
    edited July 2014
    I will admit on average, KDF players are superior PVPers therefore, if TDF is given to Klink, it will create serious balance issues. Fed players far outnumber Klink but they are more casual and less hardcore. Klink players tend to exploit consoles to their limits, sometimes even beyond their specification which often break consoles.

I lol'd... :D

Most, if not all, the stuff you type either on the forums or in Ker'rat zone chat, is incoherent drivel...

Everyone knows this, most actually accept that your one of Gods 'Very Special Creations...'. Put you on ignore, an move on :)

But to use "They are better then us so they shouldn't get our shinny shinny" isn't an argument, its whining. Especially now that Fedz have been given AA...

Fact is, you in particular will be one of the Fedz who would suffer greatly if we did get access to TDF and be able to put together an equivalent snooper build, to our Fedz counterparts.

Your always in a fail build - T'varo.
    CLOAKED Waiting for someone to get below 20% before you swoop in, alpha, then troll said player in zone chat for next 10min in a Self-Proclaimed rant, regarding your ossum skill and play style LOL LOL LOL...

Fact is, fair is fair.

As per my original post, we should be given access to TDF. There is no 'Logical' reason why this shouldn't happen now.

D,

P.S. have you seen this.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssyQTwUvehY
    Your hypocrisy in this video, considering your current build, is shocking...

Oh an MY thread now has nearly 15'000 views... Wat's your point nublet :P:;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ms. Tala used to be the "Scanner" for HOBO about a month ago, then a smart Fed PM me and said: "I hate that HOBO TRIBBLE who just sit there and doing nothing but scan."

I been busy with tournament stuff so my sciship had a different build otherwise I would still be using the snoop build. It may make my ship squishy and vulnerable to vapes on occaison, but its still enough to chase you out which it has done many times without using TDF.

I don't need TDF to snoop and chase you out of kerrat but it would be nice and only fair if KDF did get it so we could snoop from cloak like you do so you got to be on the recieving end too. until then I can always just quick switch to my sci ship if I see you after my BOPs
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • jangoak47jangoak47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I'd Totally agree with you but we already have the Enhanced Induction Coils, which is essentially the same thing Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    /snip

Your understanding of my build is incomplete. My snooper build carries HE, TSS, and ST. Which is only one of over 5 differant builds I have on that toon at the ready for rapid switching. Also most of the kills on you were carried out by only myself decloaking you and keeping you out and TF blasting you, no need for the hundreds of HoBOs that you always seem to see.

Also, if you didnt have every HoBO thats killed you on ignore you would know that we challenge everyone that complains about the odds to 5v5. Nobody ever seems to accept them, just keep crying about the odds. Just for clarity we have challenged the Pandas also.
    PUNISH THE FEDs
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I call BS... especially when induction coils has the ExAcT same description in the tooltip. Basically, we now have 2 consoles that do exactly the same thing... the one you click first has a 3 minute cooldown and the 2nd one has a 1 minute cooldown due to the first execution.

EXACTLY THE SAME FUNCTION now that they have reworked the induction coil console.

KDF want TDF!!!

There can't be that many console swaps left......

Oh and how about this.. KDF get the cloaking device console from the defiant... all these "KDF" lockbox ships that can't cloak... cuz you know that if the KDF got an enemy ship, they would install a cloaking device on it.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
    edited July 2014
    EPM and EIC are actually different.

EPM is Auxiliary, Engine, Shields.
    EIC is Auxiliary, Engine, Weapons.

EPM picked up Engine and EIC picked up Auxiliary.

EIC > EPM...cause you can 135 Weapon Power.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah its silly. Cryptic could have made two lockbox console winners by doing W/S/E on one and S/E/A on the other, but instead they put W/E/A on the KDF console so its not only OP it makes the Fed console redundant.
    edited July 2014
    Yeah its silly. Cryptic could have made two lockbox console winners by doing W/S/E on one and S/E/A on the other, but instead they put W/E/A on the KDF console so its not only OP it makes the Fed console redundant.

It's one of the reasons why I figure the next box will have EIC for the Feds in it...and...perhaps something KDF actually want in return. Perhaps may be too strong a word for the chances...lol.
    edited July 2014

cryptic is always 1 crayon short of a full box of colors

edited July 2014
    Perhaps may be too strong a word for the chances...lol.

An that is really the sad truth of the matter.
    I would like to think its just negligence on behalf of the devs but it honestly feels more systematic then that.

Either they don't want to expand the game in a meaningful direction for the PvP community -
    (I lol'd when typing that sentence :D)

Or, they want to annoy the hell out of the KDF to the point were most cut there losses and move onto pastures new.

How they handled the roll out of Fedz getting access to AA was pretty shocking.

Absolute zero community feedback before hand. Just, 'There you go Fedz merry f-ing Christmas.'

'KDF scum, we cloned a console you already had and re-named it... Enjoy!'

Do the right thing Cryptic give the KDF access to Tachyon Detection Field
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
  • saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't give a jack, I were considering moving to fed side regardless, this solved it, kdf has nothing to offer. Except for magnetometric overload... but wait for it!

Please don't touch to my aceton assimilators :( 6K Radiation damage to everything in 5 KM radius every second for up to 5 mins is not even good.
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
    edited July 2014
    saxfire wrote: »
    I don't give a jack, I were considering moving to fed side regardless, this solved it, kdf has nothing to offer. Except for magnetometric overload... but wait for it!

Please don't touch to my aceton assimilators :( 6K Radiation damage to everything in 5 KM radius every second for up to 5 mins is not even good.

Well remember that feds complained that it was too powerful and then cryptic nerfed it... serves them right to get a nerfed console lol

edited July 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »
    Either they don't want to expand the game in a meaningful direction for the PvP community -
    (I lol'd when typing that sentence :D)

But, but...they dropped out the [PvP Dmg] & [PvP Res] weapon mods with absolutely zero explanation of how they work...

The direction they're trying to expand PvP is obviously meaningful! Meaning a direction full of...

Yeah, I don't want any more pesky messages from mods. Er...yeah, anyway.