test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't convert old crafting materials into new ones

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
edited January 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Everyone's been telling me I need to double click them and they convert automatically. But when I double click them, it tells me I'm not allowed to equip that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    illcadia wrote: »
    Everyone's been telling me I need to double click them and they convert automatically. But when I double click them, it tells me I'm not allowed to equip that.

You need to have at least one in your Inventory and double-click it there to get the Conversion UI to open.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    You need to have at least one in your Inventory and double-click it there to get the Conversion UI to open.

I did. It doesn't work. I have to relog and then it works until I move any trace between the bank and my inv, at which point it stops working until I relog.
  • Options
    valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Make sure your bank is closed (maybe even move away from it) or it will keep moving the particle back and forth between your bank and inventory.

source: experience on Tribble

I believe you can also right click "use" to open the conversion screen, but not sure and not near game.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • Options
    willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did. It doesn't work. I have to relog and then it works until I move any trace between the bank and my inv, at which point it stops working until I relog.

I had to log out and re log in to get it to work for me.
    [SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
  • Options
    asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you moved the items from bank or mail it doesn't see them as convertible items.

Zoning, relogging or changing instances lets the game see the old items in inventory properly.

Also you need 1 space open as a transfer point when you convert.
  • Options
    unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I have found that "Ctrl + Dragging" and splitting a bundle of Particles will result in ONE of them being able to open up a Conversion window.

I took a stack of 250 DNA samples, Make it into one stack of 100 and one of 150 and ONE of the stacks allowed me to open the convert thingies.
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I've found that separating ONE from the stack and right clicking then selecting "Use" works.
  • Options
    mgmirkin426mgmirkin426 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Make sure you have room in your inventory, as I've found that sometimes if your inventory has no available slots, that interferes with the conversion process.

Anyway, right click on the old data samples and rare particle traces, click "Use" and it should bring up the conversion store where you can convert to common crafting materials, uncommon crafting materials or "random" crafting materials ("random materials" gives a decent number of "rare" crafting materials; these "random materials" come from the old rare particle traces).

Hope that helps. Right click & "Use" works best, for me. & as long as you have inventory space. Not sure why inventory space should matter, since it goes into your R&D materials screen and not your inventory screen. But, there it is... In my experience anyway. Also had one friend say that sometimes his wouldn't let him until he went all the way out to sector space. Again, don't know why that would matter. My issue was usually taking too many out of the bank and "filling" my main inventory screen with them.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    unotetsu wrote: »
    I have found that "Ctrl + Dragging" and splitting a bundle of Particles will result in ONE of them being able to open up a Conversion window.

I took a stack of 250 DNA samples, Make it into one stack of 100 and one of 150 and ONE of the stacks allowed me to open the convert thingies.
    foundrelic wrote: »
    I've found that separating ONE from the stack and right clicking then selecting "Use" works.

Both of what these people are saying, resolved the issue for me as well.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    rodriguo1rodriguo1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this bug apparently often occurs when the top row of your inventory is full. keep that row empty when converting and no more bug.
    EVEN BETTER, if you already have stacks of 100 [Uncommon/Common Crafting Materials] these will be converted 100 at a time every time you convert 1 old item!
    (just found this out, so canceled my ticket to GM) :cool:
  • Options
    drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rodriguo1 wrote: »
    ...if you already have stacks of 100 [Uncommon/Common Crafting Materials] these will be converted 100 at a time every time you convert 1 old item!
    (just found this out, so canceled my ticket to GM) :cool:

So they finally deigned to fix that multi-stack/finger-apoplexy issue, did they?

Cool, I might log on again, now that my main is no longer forced to be a crafting mats conversion mule.

64+ clicks are reasonable. 6400+ isn't just a joke, it's also a punchline.

I don't mean to sound so smarmy, but SHEESH. 6400 clicks is NOT reasonable, and I still see no reason to pretend that it is.
  • Options
    ufpolufpol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014

64+ clicks are reasonable. 6400+ isn't just a joke, it's also a punchline.

it takes a double click to convert.... 12800 clicks, come on wtf?
  • Options
    rhotaurhotau Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ran into the same problem, found this thread.

Logging out, then back in, did bring the 'use' option back!
    (which must be the first one in the right click menu, thus it works to double click)
    right-clicking before logging in/out displayed four options. (Info, Discard, Discard All, Cancel)

Noticed something else that may be of interest. Switching Instances also fixes the problem! I suspect that any map change may fix the problem.

:D
    Rho Tau
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited January 2015
    Right clicking it also doesn't work?