test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remember Those Deflectors...

carbongripcarbongrip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey everyone I just wanted to see if I am crazy or if the devs. just plain forgot. But wasn't it planned that all science vessels would be getting dual deflectors after the new rubbed off the dyson ship? Just like they did with the avenger and other cruisers? Is there any word on this or are the devs. once again saying things that won't happen for two years like it took for the Fleet Dreadnought? I mean bloody hell this is getting silly waiting for it. It's been months since release of dyson ship with dual deflectors.
Post edited by carbongrip on

Comments

• Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The status of the deflectors have been [REDACTED]
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Another system forgotten. Would be nice if we got the things we were told we'd get.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It has been some time but remember that the relatively quick turn around for the cruiser command abilities was for a general buff, not a suite of ship-type specific items. They not only need to make more content but balance it across a much wider range of possible configurations (its the number of ships multiplied by the number of secondary deflectors.) Then there's also the question of "what the hell do you do for the romulans" (since their one science vessel isn't strictly speaking a science vessel, at least not according to the mirror event) so its generally a more complicated update than the simple "enable, done."

I'm not surprised that it's taking more time (since Feb) but that said if we see season 10 come and go without more deflectors I'd sharpen up the pitchfork. Now its "be patient" time.:)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,185 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    They're still working on it. Remember they got to not only set up all Sci ships to have a secondary Deflector, but they have to make all the items, balance them to everything else in the game, figure out drop probability, figure out what they do...

Its a lot of work you know. A lot more than when they prototyped and then released both the Raider Flanking and Cruiser Commands. They prototyped Cruiser Commands on the Fed Avenger, then all Cruisers got them. They prototyped Raider Flainking on the Breen Raider, now I believe all Raiders have it. Same with the Sci Destroyers. They're the prototype. We'll get our Secondary Deflectors. Its just gonna take time.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If they had a nickel for every thread created on this, they could have hired somebody to have finished them...
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How long did it take for the avenger's cruiser command to come out? How long did it take for the Plesh brek's flanking to come out?

The Dyson's secondary deflector is coming...i still say it's coming with season 9.5, but we will see
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,973 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dahminus wrote: »
    How long did it take for the avenger's cruiser command to come out? How long did it take for the Plesh brek's flanking to come out?

I didn't pay much attention to flanking but I seem to recall around a month of exclusive avenger command time before getting it across the board. We're well past that point, but again its a much more elaborate update.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its not coming in season 9.5 either....its been stated so in the tribble test forum area

The easiest fix I proposed about this from the get go, was to set it up the same way cruisers had their powers done, just more science oriented stuff, the deflector system was just a bad idea that has proven to not work since we are now officialy behind schedule on them.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,185 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    The problem is Sci ships already have natural Beam Target Subsystem abilities. Any new command style things would interfere with that I think.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I reckon around season 11....or maybe 12..
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    1. the devs have not forgotten about the 2nd deflectors.
    2. This has been answered multiple times by the devs
    3. Adjudicatorhawk whom is not personally working on them has giving his time to try and give some info even if it's 2nd hand..

The following was stated back in April before Season 9 launched,
    Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk
    There's no new fleet holding in Season 9 - between the Spire, the Mine, and the Embassy, the vast majority of fleets still have many projects to complete.

Secondary Deflectors won't be launching on release day, but work on them continues and we'll release them as soon as they're ready.
    The following was stated July 8th on the Tribble Patch notes for Season 9.5
    No, they're not in 9.5. We wanted to squeeze them in before 9.5, but schedules didn't permit for it. They're high on our list of Systems features to deliver, and we'll do them as soon as we can.
    Honestly, I'm not the right person to ask. Logistics and scheduling have necessitated them not being done yet, would be my guess - but as much as I try to give you guys the status of things we've talked about, if I'm not personally working on it, I'm just passing on second-hand information and can't talk authoritatively about timetables or schedule.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If I had a nickel for everytime this thread/question was asked, I could afford to hire Mulgrew on behalf of cryptic.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yea... I agree.
    It'll come. Just be patient.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    If I had a nickel for everytime this thread/question was asked, I could afford to hire Mulgrew on behalf of cryptic.

If I had a nickel for every time this topic came up, I could afford to build a time machine to get them to cast somebody other than Mulgrew. ;)
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If I had a nickel for every time this topic came up, I could afford to build a time machine to get them to cast somebody other than Mulgrew. ;)
    Lol, well played, good sir!
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014

If I had a nickel for every time this topic came up, I could afford to build a time machine to get Voyager new writers, and negotiate their salary.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If I had a nickel for every time this topic came up, I could afford to build a time machine to get them to cast somebody other than Mulgrew.

Changing the actress doesn't change the writers. You could cast frickin' Scarlett Johansson as Janeway, but it won't matter if you have the same writers writing the character the same way.
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pft ... you actually expect the devs to deliver on their promises? As if. ;)

Seriously, I think everyone who has at least one Science toon wants the secondary deflectors for science ships ... but the devs have said that was pushed back for crafting and the launch of season 9.5, so we'll just have to wait even if most of the people in the forums feel like we've waited long enough.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    If I had a nickel for every time this topic came up, I could afford to build a time machine to get Voyager new writers, and negotiate their salary.

If I had a nickel for every time this topic came up, I could afford to buy Ensign Kim his own ship to captain. I'd need a dime for every time this topic came up to afford getting him a promotion though...
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Changing the actress doesn't change the writers. You could cast frickin' Scarlett Johansson as Janeway, but it won't matter if you have the same writers writing the character the same way.

Did you ever see Remo Williams?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Who's Remo Williams?
    And the point I was trying to make was that it was the Writers who screwed Janeway. Not the Actress.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Who's Remo Williams?

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins

I feel old now...meh.
  • Options
    killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I seem to recall at some point the delay for secondary deflectors was because they had to make a range of new "items," like each individual secondary deflector.

I don't think it's a coincidence that that range of items has disappeared to some shadowy backburner and in a week we'll be getting several dozen new items with the crafting release. Yes, yes, the majority of the things from crafting aren't "new items" but the devs have mentioned before that every item/mod combo in the game is its own item, so every item from crafting with a new modifier is actually a new item as well.

My guess is that whoever's in charge of items got crafting dropped on them and had to do that first.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I still wonder if they picked anybody up after archon left...