Options

What's the Point of Posting and Reading Anymore

13»

Comments

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I can already see this not ending well.

Speaking as a mod, I think we, and Cryptic/PWE, would love to see constructive posts in General. Positive or negative, either way, as long as they're within the rules.

There certainly is a place for threads that let people vent about things they're upset about. Civil, polite disagreement is fine. As long as posts stay within the rules, these are acceptable. Those kinds of threads tend to attract heated arguments and insults, though, and we're not crazy about that kind of fallout.

Humor is welcome, as long as it's not at anyone's expense but your own. Humorous and/or mainly social threads should go to Ten Forward.

The tolerance level for misbehaved posts and misbehaving posters is rapidly dropping. The days of hand-slapping are most likely numbered. Make of that what you will.

We can collectively choose to be a better community, with a free and respectful exchange of ideas and opinions. Those who choose otherwise...? May end up not being included in that community.

In the meanwhile, this thread is unfortunately flame- and troll- bait and I'm closing it now. Telling people what they can/should and cannot/shouldn't post is an unpleasant job reserved for the moderators. We'll take the heat for it.

~Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.