test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A comprehensive look on how to improve STO.

iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
Step 1: Do things I like.

Step 2: Don't do things I dislike.

There are no other steps beyond 2.
ExtxpTp.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree, they need to do things I like
    GwaoHAD.png
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You forgot Step 3: Shout at devs for doing Step 1.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ...and how many years have they been doing things that hardly anybody likes ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    ...and how many years have they been doing things that hardly anybody likes ?

Enough to stay in business and turn a profit, amirite!?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Finally someone else that says they should do things I like!
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »

:eek:
    srlsy ?
    Isn't the current STO playerbase like 30K ? Me thinks you're confusing STO with all other properties owned by PWE.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2014
    :eek:
    srlsy ?
    Isn't the current STO playerbase like 30K ? Me thinks you're confusing STO with all other properties owned by PWE.

I am, in fact, serious. STO has factually been active for four years (coming up on five). That means that they have successfully been able to turn a profit in order to remain in this state for that particular length in time.

However, I am open-minded. If you have any sources that state that STO has not been up and running since 2010 I'd be glad to read them even if it might contradict my own sources.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited July 2014
    I am, in fact, serious. STO has factually been active for four years (coming up on five). That means that they have successfully been able to turn a profit in order to remain in this state for that particular length in time.

However, I am open-minded. If you have any sources that state that STO has not been up and running since 2010 I'd be glad to read them even if it might contradict my own sources.

ROFL
    It went F2P because it was going under, just because it's held on for a couple more years doesn't mean it's turning a profit. The game is only a skin on the NW game now because the old game couldn't compete.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2014
    ROFL
    It went F2P because it was going under, just because it's held on for a couple more years doesn't mean it's turning a profit.

I'd love to work at a for-profit company where they make no profit but still manage to give out payroll.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited July 2014
    ROFL
    It went F2P because it was going under, just because it's held on for a couple more years doesn't mean it's turning a profit. The game is only a skin on the NW game now because the old game couldn't compete.

Funny thing bro, STO is actually PWE's most profitable game.

Dunno about you but I think that means it's making money.
    edited July 2014
    I'd love to work at a for-profit company where they make no profit but still manage to give out payroll.

Ya mean like the U.S. Government ? Like GM ?
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited July 2014
    Ya mean like the U.S. Government ? Like GM ?
    :D

Cryptic Studios is run by the Government? Awesome. Maybe they can renew my driver's license too. That would fall under Step 1.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited July 2014

... I don't get it.

Are you asking for a Fed Battlecloak? T5 Connie? Exploration revamp? Galaxy revamp? Raptor revamp? Captain skills/abilities revamp? KDF costumes? Romulan ships? Something nerfed? Something removed?

... I can't work like this! If you don't post specifics, how can I possibly bury you in a pile of hyperbole and exaggeration about how awful your suggestion is?!
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cryptic Studios is run by the Government? Awesome. Maybe they can renew my driver's license too. That would fall under Step 1.

Pretty sure it would be run by the Chinese government if anything
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
    edited July 2014
    alan171717 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it would be run by the Chinese government if anything

That would explain why the playerbase is hungry for new content after only an hour of a new Season dropping onto Holodeck.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That would explain why the playerbase is hungry for new content after only an hour of a new Season dropping onto Holodeck.

Oh my god, it makes so much sense now! :P
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited July 2014

So those Atari years ... eh, too much math for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited July 2014

voporak wrote: »
    You forgot Step 3: Shout at devs for doing Step 1.

Step 4 : Be ambivalent toward certain things .

Step 5 : It's ok to not care about something , but don't be a **** about it if someone else does .
    voporak wrote: »
    Funny thing bro, STO is actually PWE's most profitable game.

I'm not sure if that is the case , but if it still is , then I point at Neverwinter (da new goldenchild) and scratch my noggin . :cool:
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Everyone will whinge at both steps and all steps in between, all steps prior, and all steps afterwards...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pretty much my mantra OP.

I've said it multiple times. STO is what it is. It'll never be the full on immersive Star Trek experience, it'll never have a fleshed out PvP system and like it or not Cryptic have final say on what their product features and how it functions.

You could waste time criticising everything they do, begging for changes or new things that'll never happen. Or you could just play a computer game, stick to the bits you enjoy and have fun.
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I dont care about that. What i want is - > they fixing bugs. They caring about their customers.

THAT will improve STO for sure. And everybody will be happy. I dont need more stuff i like or dislike, i just want the actual content to be right. And i want cryptic to care about their customers, listening to em, for example. Those sort of things are the most important ones in a videogame of this kind, and its the only thing i want. THOSE will be improvements, everything else..
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A comprehensive look on how to improve STO:

1. Don't start troll threads.

:rolleyes:
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited July 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if that is the case , but if it still is , then I point at Neverwinter (da new goldenchild) and scratch my noggin . :cool:

The day before Brandon officially started his new job as PWE lead community manager, I did an STF with him and he told me "STO is PWE's most profitable game." That was 2-3 months ago of course, but I doubt that has changed.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Step 0: Have a bugfree game/fix bugs instead of throwing new bugged content in. You know, some things need a foundation.
  • paperclipriderpapercliprider Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And i want cryptic to care about their customers, listening to em, for example.

Friend, I don't want to hurt your feelings but this is PWE. Even in the brightest of all possible futures there will be one thing for sure: Never, ever will PWE listen to us.
    So you're a native speaker and I'm not. So what?:P
  • hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    STO is basically a Fan based game. If you are not a fan of star trek there is 0 reasons to play this game. Theres nothing that sticks out about it thats comparable to other games. Space combat when compared to other games sucks. Ground combat compared to other games.. SUPER sucks. Imersive story missions compared to other games MEGA sucks. The only thing keeping this game alive is the good old star trek crutch. As soon as some other company comes alone and knocks the crutch out from under sto, its going down never to get back up. What I wouldn't give to have placed STO in the hands of a better software development company. You can only leech off of the brand name for so long. I think sto's player base is coming to reality with this.
    I do think cryptic is trying. Its like watching someone without thumbs trying to tie their shoes. Its sad and you feel sorry for them but after awhile you just wanna shoot them and get them out of thier misery and yours.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2014
    You forgot step 1.5: Insult the devs because that's always the best way to get what you want from people.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Another trolling thread ... very nice. Fanboys getting a little worried about Season 9.5 I see.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People need to realize that STO has a third party IP. Cryptic/PWE can only do as much as CBS will let them. This is why there are so many head scratchers with stuff, like bikinis only on Risa. Because CBS said so. If it was a Cryptic IP there would be a much better chance of people getting their dream Gorn wearing a G-String in Qo nos.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Why oh why do you use Mads Mikkelsen in your signature... Horrible actor...
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas