test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Klingon Uniform Wish

cnidaria22cnidaria22 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Federation faction gets to have Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan uniform. I would like to see KDF get General Chang's unifrom from Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country
Post edited by cnidaria22 on

Comments

• shadokittyshadokitty Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cnidaria22 wrote: »
    Federation faction gets to have Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan uniform. I would like to see KDF get General Chang's unifrom from Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country

+1 I approve.
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thread asking for new Klingon apparel?

I approve....but am waiting for the Feddies to come say the KDF shouldn't ask for more :P
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    Thread asking for new Klingon apparel?

I approve....but am waiting for the Feddies to come say the KDF shouldn't ask for more :P

shhh, don't remind them:P

and yes more is good even if we have to buy, it makes me sad that we have even less uniforms in the shop the our romulan friends. :(

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    nightken wrote: »
    shhh, don't remind them:P

and yes more is good even if we have to buy, it makes me sad that we have even less uniforms in the shop the our romulan friends. :(

that's because cryptic in their infinite wisdom, stuck all our best stuff in the immeasurably more expensive lobi store

Korath Uniform
    and
    Warrior Skirt (the only skirt us female KDF players have access to :mad: ...unless you belong to a fleet with T3 Spire...and only then if you enjoy looking like a stripper all the time x3)

and all single character unlocks for 200 and 100 lobi respectively

at least we'll be getting the rest of the Bortas'qu pieces (as well as everyone getting the uniform for free) with 9.5; and fleets will get access to a new KDF uniform to buy (or already have if they've bought the bort ^^ )

Also...not to derail the thread...but why don't the romulans have their own version of the factional fleet uniform? they have a flagship (which is what the other two faction uniforms are named for as well). Seems a Llieset uniform option might be a good idea for the rommies to get someday ^^
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • ejsphcrispejsphcrisp Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    Also...not to derail the thread...but why don't the romulans have their own version of the factional fleet uniform? they have a flagship (which is what the other two faction uniforms are named for as well). Seems a Llieset uniform option might be a good idea for the rommies to get someday ^^

I think they do, it's the 500 day reward.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So many Klingon outfits they never did.

Chang's
    Gorkon's
    Kor's, Kang's, Koloth's from DS9
    The Klingon Chef from DS9
    Kahest's civilian outfit (Worf's ghojmoK/nanny)

And for years, we asked for the Klingon Captain and Dahar Master outfits.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So many Klingon outfits they never did.

Chang's
    Gorkon's
    Kor's, Kang's, Koloth's from DS9
    The Klingon Chef from DS9
    Kahest's civilian outfit (Worf's ghojmoK/nanny)

And for years, we asked for the Klingon Captain and Dahar Master outfits.

Don't forget the frequently requested Duras Sisters Dresses.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The fancy Klingon uniform Worf wears from this scene. A few of the parts are in STO but significant portions aren't. The one piece shoulderpads are not ingame, though the Reman Nemesis Shoulderpads ingame show it is possible.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I must have my Kleavage.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Klingons need new uniforms, badly.

Considering all KDF costumes are of a really low quality since they are launch costumes, the colour palletes are locked in weird choices and they clip everywhere, NON of them is canon. I mean we don't have a single costume we know from the shows or movies, only mock-ups trying to look alike.

While the coming bortaS uniform is a nice 25th century "modern" touch on the subject I strongly root for reworked canonical Klingon uniforms and garment.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I must have my Kleavage.

That Klingon Kleavage is also Kanon also.

Sorry, stupid, I know...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2014
    ZERO canon KDF uniforms can be recreated ingame, NONE.

TOS: Rank pins on the chest missing, boots missing, the top and vest are one piece, the vest is missing the horizontal lines, the trousers are too tight, the female belt is on the waist not hips, female dress is missing, the baldric is on the wrong side, TOS KDF insignia is missing.

TAS: All the TOS problems plus, Female skirt is missing, no purple colour options.

TOS Films: Klaa's open variant missing, Chang's padded style missing, the warrior padded style missing, Gorkon's style missing, Vixis's version missing, and more.

TNG: Basic warriors closed version missing, captain's variants present but missing the fastener, pouches on the right chest, the full shoulder pad missing, standard warriors baldric missing, Works baldrics missing, Martok's baldric, the padded grey armour is the same piece as the furry sleeves, Gawrons coat is missing, female armour is missing, Duras sisters custom armour is missing, duras sisters skirts are missing, the chainmail under shirt is missing (well it's called 'armoured collar 2'). I can go on.

Future: Worf's and Korath's future (endgame style) uniforms are missing, future Worf's baldric is missing.

Gorn: All three Gorn seen in ST wear the same dress / tunic thing, the TOS / TAS one has circular patterns, and the ENT one is brown leather, even the STO Gorn bracers don't match the ENT or TOS bracers.

Orion: The TAS uniform is missing entirely, Harrad-Sar's uniform is missing, Dunno about the females, it's hard to see what they are wearing :D.

Lethean: No ingame uniform options for either Letheans seen.

Nausicaan: They don't have uniforms as such so STO actually improved there :eek:.
    [/QUOTE]
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Hmm, indeed.

They can't make excuses anymore about the cleavage, now can they? :P
    The fancy Klingon uniform Worf wears from this scene. A few of the parts are in STO but significant portions aren't.

This is somewhat the basic original KDF outfit with the Captain shoulders that's seen on NPC Captains. Closest thing is the Tier 5 General Sash. Also, I like those secondary belts underneath. Instead we got some clunky leather-looking sashes, but nothing like the one K'Ehleyr wore.

artan42 wrote: »
    ZERO canon KDF uniforms can be recreated ingame, NONE.

TOS: Rank pins on the chest missing, boots missing, the top and vest are one piece, the vest is missing the horizontal lines, the trousers are too tight, the female belt is on the waist not hips, female dress is missing, the baldric is on the wrong side, TOS KDF insignia is missing.

Oh my word yes! Always annoyed me the baldric was on the wrong side. Even pointed it out in a thread.

And be nice if we can get TOS Klingon beards, all we got is generic beards.
    edited June 2014
    Oh my word yes! Always annoyed me the baldric was on the wrong side. Even pointed it out in a thread.

What's stupid is that there is an option to wear it over the other shoulder, as seen on TOS NPCs.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, anything that is a klingon uniform i agree. We really really need more klingon outfits, seriously. Sometimes its even ridiculous how ugly are most of the klingon options or how limited they are. But sadly i dont think this is going to change, we are asking for klingon outfits since well, before the beginning?? lol.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah need more KDF uniforms, plus I'd also like to see the Orion, Nausican(especially Nausican) and gorn parts being able to be worn by anybody on the KDF side.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Yeah need more KDF uniforms, plus I'd also like to see the Orion, Nausican(especially Nausican) and gorn parts being able to be worn by anybody on the KDF side.

No. I dont want the half-naked orion specific costumes available for others. Thats the only thing that should not change. Orions needs more outfits options, klingons need more outift options. Thats all. But dont mix em...
  • idontknow200idontknow200 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I Do Have A Klingon Lt. Gen Lvl 50. But With No Fleet. I'm Thinking Of Getting Rid Of Him. So I Don't Really Care One Way Or The Other.

Be Klingon To All!!!!!
  • t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We can not leave out Captain Klaas uniform from ST:V, his hair would be nice too :P

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608051688669905356&pid=1.7
    edited July 2014
    t0xsick2 wrote: »
    We can not leave out Captain Klaas uniform from ST:V, his hair would be nice too :P

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608051688669905356&pid=1.7

Klaaavage!!!!!

I'd buy that.

#TASforSTO

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, there are 3 new Klingon Uniforms coming to the Fleet Tailor soon ... Available after the next Tribble Update:
    • Three new Bortasqu' uniform variants can now be purchased at the Fleet Tailor for Klingon fleets that have unlocked it: Bortasqu' Ceremonial, Bortasqu' Guardian and Bortasqu' Operative.

Have no idea what they look like yet, but stay tuned, because I'm sure someone on Tribble wll post screenshots of these, plus the new Fed versions shortly.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png