test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Social Media Recap - a new Information and Discussion subforum?

breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
Okay, so the more I see communications being fed through outside sources... the more I wonder why these sources can't be integrated into the STO forums and/or web page. I have seen other gaming companies actually keep their Twitter feed on the main page of their websites, though I suppose that wouldn't fit in a tile. Podcasts, on the other hand... may I suggest that the company buys a copy of Dragon NaturallySpeaking, install it on a laptop, and take it with you to interviews? This would allow you to use the software to generate a transcript of the interview that could then be posted in a Social Media Recap subforum. Similarly, would it really be that hard to simply drop your Twitter posts onto a daily thread and call it the Twitter Recap or the like?

Too often we end up having to comb Twitter and listen to podcasts to find communications that should have been made within the STO forums, while the communication within the forums devolves as we react to partial or incomplete information. Even if this is done as an end of the workday thing and the Twitter feeds and podcasts have the information faster, adding these sources of communication onto STO's own forums just seems like it would make sense.

Plus, deaf people can't hear podcasts... they would likely appreciate a transcript as well.

These are just my thoughts on the subject. I welcome the rest of you to provide feedback, thoughts, suggestions, etc. Is it feasible, would it help or harm communications, and would you read it?
Ym9x9Ji.png
meimeitoo wrote: »
I do not like Geko ether.
iconians wrote: »
With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
Post edited by breadandcircuses on

Comments

• Options
    kimonykimony Member Posts: 571 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't Have Dragon? Try this:

https://dictation.io/
    All you need is this website and a device (that can hear you, mic) running the latest Google Chrome browser

Heck these days "Google Now" can probably transcribe for you on its own.

#SaucersForever #TrianglesCutDeep #TeamBeta #ShipOneisNumberOne
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree that we need a forum or some place to learn of news via podcasts. Not everyone knows about the podcasts. Just have links explaining what they talk about so people know what to listen to.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png