test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What uniform to use?

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
About a year ago when i last played, people told me that Odyssey with white shoulders

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=836281

Like in that guide.

Now that i have come back, i see people at new ESD using some variant of Starfleet academy uniform or straight Academy uniform. Same at Deepspace K7..

Is there a new version of "Canon"/Uniform code of the era that roleplayers consider as the most apropriate for the STO generation?

Please, i am not asking what is your personal taste but i really like to know for sure what is the uniform code for Starfleet so i can dress up to standards.
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't by anything yet!!!

I can't say what the RP'ers and "canon-aholics" will advise, but I can say that the Odyssey Uniform is going to be the default uniform for all Starfleet NPC's and will be a 'Free" uniform option for all UFP Characters as of Season 9.5, which be here in about a month.

So you can either pay for a basic version of the uniform from your Fleet Starbase Tailor, or wait and see what the 'Free' variant will be ...
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is still the Odyssey uniform.

This link should get you the colours.

https://ufplanets.com/showthread.php?42816-Uniform-code-and-2410/page2

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    and will be a 'Free" uniform option for all UFP Characters as of Season 9.5, which be here in about a month.

So you can either pay for a basic version of the uniform from your Fleet Starbase Tailor, or wait and see what the 'Free' variant will be ...

Source so I can read that please?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    radagast75 wrote: »
    About a year ago when i last played, people told me that Odyssey with white shoulders

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=836281

Like in that guide.

Now that i have come back, i see people at new ESD using some variant of Starfleet academy uniform or straight Academy uniform. Same at Deepspace K7..

Is there a new version of "Canon"/Uniform code of the era that roleplayers consider as the most apropriate for the STO generation?

Please, i am not asking what is your personal taste but i really like to know for sure what is the uniform code for Starfleet so i can dress up to standards.

The uniform that is being worn at the new ESD is the Odyssey Uniform. All NPCs, including ship crews, will soon being wearing it.

Thomas Marrone provided a color guide at this Reddit after Season 9 went live:

http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/23x9t8/unofficial_s9_ody_uniform_variants/ch218ya

As stated, don't buy anything, as the Odyssey and Bortasqu' Uniforms are about to go free to all with Season 9.5
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Source so I can read that please?

Latest Tribble Patch Notes
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well.. I have been using Starfleet academy uniform recoloured to mock Odyssey on that guide i posted. Guess i check and update colors when i next see a tailor somewhere.

Perphaps i should go with SFA instructor uniform until Odyssey is available for anyone (If that is really true) Since i am not part of any fleet and thus have no access to true Odyssey models.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    radagast75 wrote: »
    Well.. I have been using Starfleet academy uniform recoloured to mock Odyssey on that guide i posted. Guess i check and update colors when i next see a tailor somewhere.

Perphaps i should go with SFA instructor uniform until Odyssey is available for anyone (If that is really true) Since i am not part of any fleet and thus have no access to true Odyssey models.

I agree. it's arrogant for the Devs and the Fleeties to demand that a fleet only item be "the standard"

that said my uniforms will remain variants of the Sierra and DS9 uniforms

Radagast, I wounder how many people don't get your sig...

is one of your boffs Rommie?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I agree. it's arrogant for the Devs and the Fleeties to demand that a fleet only item be "the standard"

As noted, Season 9.5 is bringing the Odyssey uniform as available to all captains in the tailor. As such it is not going to be fleet only any longer.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't by anything yet!!!

I can't say what the RP'ers and "canon-aholics" will advise, but I can say that the Odyssey Uniform is going to be the default uniform for all Starfleet NPC's and will be a 'Free" uniform option for all UFP Characters as of Season 9.5, which be here in about a month.

I quite a bit pissed off that uniforms that I paid FC & Dil for are going to be given away for free.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's good to hear that the Oddy will become a free for all uniform. Finally you could use it to set your fleet uniform :)

The Oddy is also the new (STO-) canon uniform. On my Starfleet characters I use it as the "field jacket" or combat uniform while the AGT tunics are the duty variants. Here's a quick mock up of my interpretation.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I quite a bit pissed off that uniforms that I paid FC & Dil for are going to be given away for free.

Don't be. They're replacing it with a new Fleet Exclusive uniform that you'll get for free because you already paid for the Oddy uniform. :)
    • Odyssey and Bortesqu’ Fleet Uniforms:
      • The Odyssey Uniform is now a standard uniform all Federation captains freely have access to.
        • This uniform will appear in the tailor like any other uniform option.
        • This will be a default uniform template option when making a new Federation captain.
        • The Odyssey Uniform will be removed from the Fleet Store and replaced with a brand new Fleet only uniform.
          • The new Fleet only uniform is still a work in progress and not in its final state but will be available for the launch of season 9.5.
          • The new Fleet only uniform will automatically be available for free to all Fleet members who previously unlocked the Odyssey uniform.
        • The default uniform for all Starfleet bridge officers will be the Odyssey uniform.
          • Currently, the costume is not available for Tactical Bridge Officers.
        • All NPC Starfleet personal will now wear Odyssey uniforms.
      • There is now a free Bortasqu’ uniform set named “Bortasqu’ Warrior” available to all KDF captains.
        • The changes to the Bortasqu’ uniform is still largely a work in progress but will be available for the launch of season 9.5.
      • There will be a developer blog in the near future explaining the changes to the Odyssey and Bortisqu’ uniforms in greater detail.
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Exactly, just another layer of TRIBBLE over customers who have been loyal to them in the past. They can only go to the well so many times though, it will be interesting to see what the future holds for STO.

This new fleet uniform should automatically be unlocked for those who paid for the Odyssey uni.
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Exactly, just another layer of TRIBBLE over customers who have been loyal to them in the past. They can only go to the well so many times though, it will be interesting to see what the future holds for STO.

This new fleet uniform should automatically be unlocked for those who paid for the Odyssey uni.

Good thing they've specifically said it will be then, right?
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    Good thing they've specifically said it will be then, right?

I'm not following you. They haven't said yes or no either way. All we know is that the ones me and my other fleeties have paid for are now being handed away for free.
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm not following you. They haven't said yes or no either way. All we know is that the ones me and my other fleeties have paid for are now being handed away for free.

Look at zulisvel's post again, specifically the quote from the dev post where he says the new fleet uniform will be automatically unlocked for people who already bought Odyssey.
    Zulisvel has helpfully highlighted the relevant paragraph in red.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    nikkojt wrote: »
    Look at zulisvel's post again, specifically the quote from the dev post where he says the new fleet uniform will be automatically unlocked for people who already bought Odyssey.
    Zulisvel has helpfully highlighted the relevant paragraph in red.

Good. I was afk and didn't catch that post til you pointed it out. Thanks.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Well....

1. As many others have pointed out, we're getting whole new uniforms for free, that the people not in Starbases will get. Furthermore, the Bortasqu uniform will have more parts than what we currently have.

2. My Romulan KDF has a Bortasqu uniform that she paid good dil and FC for; and no one else can ever get. So it's not *all* bad!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zulisvel wrote: »
    Don't be. They're replacing it with a new Fleet Exclusive uniform that you'll get for free because you already paid for the Oddy uniform. :)

That's better then.

(Puts pitchfork back in barn, puts out torch)
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Well....

1. As many others have pointed out, we're getting whole new uniforms for free, that the people not in Starbases will get. Furthermore, the Bortasqu uniform will have more parts than what we currently have.

2. My Romulan KDF has a Bortasqu uniform that she paid good dil and FC for; and no one else can ever get. So it's not *all* bad!

Those Odyssey & Bortasqu' uniform parts should have been part of the package to begin with. This was visually quite bad for the Bortasqu' which was heavily dependent on many uniform items for the "image" of the uniform, i.e. coat, shoulderpads, gauntlets, boots, sash, etc. The Odyssey was servicable to get the core look of the uniform, but more should have been available.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014

No Rommies and i suppose many will not get my sig :)

To add to that, i should propably update that to fit my current Captain. Andromedas crew has been relaxing on Risa for about a year now.

Anyways, the Acadent uniform is almost like Odyssey when colored right so it does not bother me too much and i can always wear my instructor uniform if i like and have ship full of Science cadets :D

It is good that Odyssey is coming and good that people who payed for it get the new model for free. All the Dil and FC is anyways gone when you buy something you wany, people should not be so... Stiff about their credits. Learn to share, it is Trek universe after all :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syfyguy64syfyguy64 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm guessing that Seirra and Antares are pretty canon.
    But I tend to wear the VA uniform, so this won't effect me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The major disappointment with the Patch Notes is that it doesn't say anything about a "Romulan" Fleet Uniform ...

As of now, Romulan Captains only get either the Oddy or Bort uniforms, and RomKlink Captains can't even wear the Bort Uniform "it is for Bridge Officers only"!

Not sure about the Oddy Uniform on RomFed Captains, as I don't have a RomFed Captain in a Fleet.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cool, I'm glad to see these uniforms become a standard so others can use them. This will add to my other looks I already have.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The major disappointment with the Patch Notes is that it doesn't say anything about a "Romulan" Fleet Uniform ...

As of now, Romulan Captains only get either the Oddy or Bort uniforms, and RomKlink Captains can't even wear the Bort Uniform "it is for Bridge Officers only"!

Not sure about the Oddy Uniform on RomFed Captains, as I don't have a RomFed Captain in a Fleet.

Romulans came with their official uniforms.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited June 2014
    First of all, love the news about the Oddy uniforms going free (and the replacement Fleet uniforms, also free for those who got the Oddy's).

Second, I wonder if Quinn's admiral's jacket variant of the Odyssey will drop in s9.5 as well?

Third, to the OP... I currently wear the Oddy. :) I was rocking the white shoulders, just for me, while my BOffs rocked the "TNG film" color scheme that is (I guess) the new default. Now, however, I made a variant of my own for me and my BOffs... navy blue shoulders, black uniform, department-specific stripe. Not a crazy departure, but I like it!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Romulans came with their official uniforms.

Umm, what "Official" uniforms are you referring to???

I'm genuinely interested to know which uniform you can obtain from the Fleet Tailor that is an "Official" Romulan Unique Fleet Uniform?

Fed = Oddy uniform (soon to be free and replaced by a new Fleet uniform)
    KDF = Bort uniform (soon to be free and replaced by a new Fleet uniform)
    Rom = ???
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I'm genuinely interested to know which uniform you can obtain from the Fleet Tailor that is an "Official" Romulan Unique Fleet Uniform?

Rom = ???

I think he means that the Romulan Republics In game Canon Uniform was released to all players when they were released at the start ,

And to be honest , in my view they have never needed an update to their standard uniforms because they launched with a current quality standard uniform in multiple variants for diversity

Unlike Starfleet and KDF players, Whose fleet uniforms were introducing a higher quality looking uniform to replace the aging launch uniforms, and to add to the limited KDF selection.
    At this point the NPCs were looking shabby compared to the newer uniforms, and I prefer the more uniformly worn Uniform, The random mix of older parts was a bit silly looking in my view, and Tight trousers look terrible, like jeggings or something
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Double post
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Rom = ???

In answer to the above question, see below. That's exactly what I meant. :)
    adverbero wrote: »
    I think he means that the Romulan Republics In game Canon Uniform was released to all players when they were released at the start ,

And to be honest , in my view they have never needed an update to their standard uniforms because they launched with a current quality standard uniform in multiple variants for diversity

Unlike Starfleet and KDF players, Whose fleet uniforms were introducing a higher quality looking uniform to replace the aging launch uniforms, and to add to the limited KDF selection.
    At this point the NPCs were looking shabby compared to the newer uniforms, and I prefer the more uniformly worn Uniform, The random mix of older parts was a bit silly looking in my view, and Tight trousers look terrible, like jeggings or something
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just hope the new uniforms have multiple options similar to the fleet spire uniforms.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What is this "I don't want anybody to get for free what I paid for" mentality anyways? Way to go, Star Trek fans. Just because you paid a relatively small amount of ingame currency worth of 20 minutes of gameplay on something.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou