test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blurry shadows

radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
I have AMD R) card. All graphical stuff is maxed and works smooth like androids butt..

Only problem is.. All the shadows when on planets or in stations are blurry. In other games maxing everything makes shadows sharp and nice looking but this blurry effect makes me feel like i have some problems in my eyes.

Is this blurry stuff intentional or is there something wrong with my system?
Captain Hunt, at your service!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by radagast75 on

Comments

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It is just how shadows are made in this game.. bad. Like other features like ambient oclusion, depth of field, etc. The game engine is not too good and in this case, shadows are blurry and lacking of detail.

Be aware, as well this game is almost 5 years old. Shadows require a lot of resources and the game engine never was too good and powerful. So, things like shadows are really bad implemented.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yes. I was here in beta and early access and moths after that plus few moths here and there too.

DX11 Performance seems very bad as well, even when all details are as low as they can. Maybe i just revert to previous DX9 as maybe the engine can handle it better. Only game other than this with laggy graphiccs on hi settings is TES 5 with heavy graphics mods :D

Well.. Unless someone makes better Star Trek MMO i guess i have to stick it down the throat. Better than nothing :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    In some places, ground seems overwhelmingly bright, is this also due changes to engine?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    radagast75 wrote: »
    In some places, ground seems overwhelmingly bright, is this also due changes to engine?

Yup, the made something about the BLOOM setting after season 9.. they basically broke it. You need to put the bloom quality on low. Or you will have headaches all the time for playing STO lol. :P