test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mission : Trapped. Bugged

craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Upon scanning the 3 debris fields, wormhole opens, but end up getting stuck and having to exit game and load game in safe mode from launcher options.. seems the wormhole doesn't want us to enter :)
I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
planet-space-sun.jpg
Post edited by craig76 on

Comments

• Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=944291

Youre welcome. Next time, please do a search in the forums. Its probably that any bug you discover is already knew by the devs.. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=944291

Youre welcome. Next time, please do a search in the forums. Its probably that any bug you discover is already knew by the devs.. :(

well, actually i did. That is why i created this thread. because i couldnt find anything on it. I tried google and search engine on here to no avail......maybe this is why i think you are trolling me, look how you word things at me, its like you are trying to make me look dumb or something. And that is what i dont like. How would you like me to talk to you like that?
    If you arent trolling me or anything, than maybe you could look at your wording?
    I mean, is there really a reason you just had to say " please check the forums next time ", who doesnt check the forums?
    And no, not any bugs is known
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    craig76 wrote: »
    well, actually i did. That is why i created this thread. because i couldnt find anything on it. I tried google and search engine on here to no avail... ,snip.

Your Google-Fu is not strong young padawan, you require more training and discipline ...

"STO mission Trapped" in a Google search ... The second result on the page is the thread linked to above ...
    Also typing 'trapped' into the search field brought back that thread as the top result.

BTT:

The team has investigated this bug, and they have tried to implement a "Fix" that has worked for some, but it seems it doesn't work for all. Unfortunately, it seems that it's a difficult bug to reproduce reliably and repeatedly, so it's very hard to figure the 'trigger' or what is actually causing it.

However in that thread there is some advice and "workarounds" that should get you through it.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    bendalek wrote: »
    Your Google-Fu is not strong young padawan, you require more training and discipline ...

"STO mission Trapped" in a Google search ... The second result on the page is the thread linked to above ...
    Also typing 'trapped' into the search field brought back that thread as the top result.

BTT:

The team has investigated this bug, and they have tried to implement a "Fix" that has worked for some, but it seems it doesn't work for all. Unfortunately, it seems that it's a difficult bug to reproduce reliably and repeatedly, so it's very hard to figure the 'trigger' or what is actually causing it.

However in that thread there is some advice and "workarounds" that should get you through it.

I think my search was " Trapped mission bugged ", which brings up same link but 3rd from top. But i didnt take any notice of it because i saw the date being 21st march 2010, which i thought, would be no good to me lol
    I always look at the dates first. I dont want to necro an old thread, but i also dont want to waste time searching thru endless threads for hours or even days at a time to try to find a solution. :)

Saw this post of yours, i will try this

***NOTE***

DO NOT DROP THE MISSION It is not necessary!!!

Once you've joined, then completed the PvE/STF and have been warped back to Sector Space, you'll be just outside of NGC-1218 (where "Trapped" takes place) Make sure you click "Continue Trapped" and DO NOT click "Enter NGC1218" or it will reset the mission and you'll be right back where you started ...

The mission is bugged only in that it doesn't trigger the map change after you are sucked into the "Bouncy Bubble of Bull****" If you use the "continue" option, it should place you in the new map automatically and you can finish the mission as normal ...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Actually you could see the post title just looking at the main page, almost at the botton of it.. you didnt even need to do a search.. but anyways, we are here to help, so youre welcome.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Actually you could see the post title just looking at the main page, almost at the botton of it.. you didnt even need to do a search.. but anyways, we are here to help, so youre welcome.

Yeah like i said, i saw the date, being 21st of march 2010, and just thought, well chances of this being the same problem are slim. Didnt even think to look at it due to the age of the thread. But if google hadve stated there were more then 10 posts in it with the date being the latest post, then i woulda looked
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I just tried someone elses suggestion of scanning the debris field backwards. I.e, starting at the furtherest debris field, scanning it, then scanning the middle one, then scanning the one at the start point. It seemed to have worked for now. Bit strange tho :rolleyes:
    planet-space-sun.jpg