test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions for the Devs: Risa and the Romulan Republic

furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
With the patch today, there was no addition of a Romulan Republic powerboard, and building a "Romulan Monument" still makes a Klingon Monument.

At this point, I would just like some straight answers from the devs or someone else in the know:

Are there no plans to add a Romulan Powerboard this year?

Was there even a specific Romulan Republic Powerboard designed for the event?

What about the powerboards that are on display in the Promenade, but aren't purchasable?

How about, at least, a patch to the sandcastles so you can build an actual Romulan Monument?

And if that's something else you guys didn't model, why even put text in the game saying you could build one?

While I'd still be disappointed, I would at least like some acknowledgement of the above problems, even if the answers boil down to, "We ran out of time/money/etc." I know that a lot of you are busy spending most of your time on the next expansion, but I would like you to remember that a fair chunk of the money that is funding that new expansion came from Romulan fans who purchased Legacy of Romulus products.

Please, don't try to sweep these issues, and our faction, under the rug and move on. I know worrying about holiday event items might seem small, but it's the mindset that "oh, we can shortchange the Romulan players and it's no big deal" that worries me, moving foreword. That's where it will start; it's already bad enough that we aren't a true faction. We don't need to be slapped in the face with it, especially during an event that's supposed to be relaxed and fun. What's especially troubling is that they had been making a point of including the Republic in previous events, like giving us our own scarves during the Winter Event, or creating a Republic Day alongside First Contact Day and Day of Honor.

Again, it's looking like we're not going to be getting a powerboard or monument this year, but it would lessen the sting to actually get an acknowledgement that we were shortchanged...and an apology for that, and a promise that it won't happen again (especially for the really important stuff) would be welcome, as well.
"There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
Post edited by furiontassadar on

Comments

• Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It was a lot more urgent to add a unique animation for Vulcan when they kick sandcastle.

Sadly, Romulan are just there for the occasional money grab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    if you mean that hilariously insipid, passive aggressive toe nudge kick thing, then thats been there from the start.

I don't know, I was speaking about this, in the latest tribble patch note :
    Resolved an issue that prevented Vulcans from being able to kick over castles at the spot south of the promenade.
    jheinig wrote: »
    Actually, Vulcans have their own custom animation for kicking over sand castles.
    I honestly don't know what is the animation, and if it's new.

But having a unique animation for the Vulcan, while the Romulan, which is supposed to be a faction, doesn't even have a unique board/castle like the other factions, is stupid.
    Also, my fed-rom build.... a Klingon monument.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    if you mean that hilariously insipid, passive aggressive toe nudge kick thing, then thats been there from the start.

It would be hilarious if they added that in there just for Vuclan characters...but yeah....I have also had my Vulcan do the 'jump up and down on sandcastle' tantrum thing.

I suspect that there was supposed to be a unique Romulan Monument, since the first stage of the monument looks different than when I make a monument on my Federation or Klingon characters.

I have noticed that my fed romulan builds the same sandcastle components TRIBBLE my fed characters as well, so I suspect that Romulans were not supposed to have their own unique sandcastles though.

The way Cryptic tried to cut corners again by giving Romulans their allies stuff (powerboards, sandcastles) instead of making unique content for them is pretty glaring this event IMO.

edit: so the animation is uniquely Vuclan? That is hilarious. Though I could have sworn I saw my Vulcan go all stompy-stompy on a sandcastle once or twice...

Still, as hilarious as it is (and it is) I would have hoped that aromulan powerboard would have higher priority.
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, I think it's important not to get off on a tangent here. As has been said before, there's a team of people working on this, and the person who does the character animations may not be the person who makes the powerboard meshes/textures. I'd like to humbly suggest focusing on the real issue -- the lack of Romulan faction assets in the summer event.

When the Romulan faction came out, we were told by Cryptic that yes, it is a full faction. The 'alliance' aspect was said not to negate that, but to be primarily a concern for PvP -- that fracturing the player base in yet another direction would only make for even worse queue times and so forth. And to me, that makes perfect sense. I can accept the 'alliance' setup as long as you give me a proper faction in all other respects.

The problem being, with the summer event, you're not giving me a proper faction. You completely dropped the ball on factional content for the Romulans with respect to the sandcastle event and the high-end powerboards. You really needed to, as they say, put your money where your mouth is, and give us that Romulan faction that you claimed really was a full faction.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    TBH, I love Vulcans but couldn't care less about some emote to kick over a sand castle.

What SHOULD have been patched is the Romulan Powerboard. The one seen between the Federation and Klingon boards at the store. I mean... if you are going to tease players by displaying it, it should be PURCHASABLE.

Cryptic, please please address this. I will hold onto my Lohlunat Favors in hopes you will act!
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ayradyss wrote: »
    Well, I think it's important not to get off on a tangent here. As has been said before, there's a team of people working on this, and the person who does the character animations may not be the person who makes the powerboard meshes/textures. I'd like to humbly suggest focusing on the real issue -- the lack of Romulan faction assets in the summer event.

When the Romulan faction came out, we were told by Cryptic that yes, it is a full faction. The 'alliance' aspect was said not to negate that, but to be primarily a concern for PvP -- that fracturing the player base in yet another direction would only make for even worse queue times and so forth. And to me, that makes perfect sense. I can accept the 'alliance' setup as long as you give me a proper faction in all other respects.

The problem being, with the summer event, you're not giving me a proper faction. You completely dropped the ball on factional content for the Romulans with respect to the sandcastle event and the high-end powerboards. You really needed to, as they say, put your money where your mouth is, and give us that Romulan faction that you claimed really was a full faction.
    You know there has been talk of removing the 'red vs blue' pvp entirely right?

Kinda makes the excuse that the Romulans had to be split to function a bit more shallow IMO.

And yes, I agree. If Romulans really are a full faction (and splitting them wasn't an excuse to pad out their content with preexisting Fed/KDF content) then they shouldn't have to use KDF and Fed hand-me-down powerboards (among other things)

Also, the sandcastle kicking thing is cute and all that...but I'd rather my species of choice be recognized in more...meaningful ways. This is the first time I can remember since the Dominion arc that the game recognized that I was playing a Vulcan...
  • Options
    alyciatalalyciatal Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I completely quote the first post as I've already wrote on the subject and I feel the same frustration... it's just a matter of a skin on a model already done for the other two factions.

The monument is outrageous, but it's another matter: I haven't partecipied at a single race for now hoping to begin with my new Romulan Board and I know I'm not the only one to have done so... please fix this before the event ends!
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    eagledraco wrote: »
    T
    What SHOULD have been patched is the Romulan Powerboard. The one seen between the Federation and Klingon boards at the store.

That's just a Green Risian Powerboard (with Risian Symbol) btw ... but it would at least be more romulan-esque ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    klytemnestra1klytemnestra1 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The average dev probably reads this...
    With the patch today, there was no addition of a Romulan Republic powerboard, and building a "Romulan Monument" still makes a Klingon Monument.

At this point, I would just like some straight answers from the devs

... and then stopped.

Last time Dev gave a straight answer it kinda ignited a flamewar and riots... That's also around the same time the devs stopped posting regularly on the forums.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »

How in the hell is calling a toy a toy somehow in violation of the Community Rules and Policies?
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    How in the hell is calling a toy a toy somehow in violation of the Community Rules and Policies?

Not sure about the specific rules and policies, but I am grateful to the mod(s) all the same. You two were derailing the thread.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As a reminder, discussion of moderation is strictly forbidden.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek