test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Average builds, average DPS, but having fun...

13»

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So I added the current build for my latest toon to the OP, heh - he's just T2 in everything - 2 days, 19 hours, 38 minutes active - including the time I'm logged into him and on the forums or out smoking or having fallen asleep watching TV...lol.

R'ebel, Romulan Eng, Haakona : http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=rebelhaak_5343

Was surprised taking him into his first ISE - well, first STF at all, Normal or Elite - yeah, barely an hour in the new boat - off to ISE - wheeeee! No doubt he was carried by other folks there, but it was higher than I expected from the build in these early stages...made some of my other toons look bad by comparison, lol.

Should be interesting when I get used to the Dual Vector thing and actually get the build somewhere.

edit: Meh, I posted this as a reply in another thread....
    They'd have more value if they had any sort of regen - had any of the resists/reduction - er...if they actually were a case of you splitting your ship into two rather than what happens...meh. Have been pretty disappointed with that so far...the whole "Hey stupid, come closer so I can heal you!" routine that takes place with whichever "pet" is out.

Per the info from Available Skills for both Dual Vector options...

When you fly Assault, you get the Guardian pet with:

Standard Plasma Arrays
    Standard Plasma Torpedoes
    Tractor Beam
    Extend Shields
    Attack Pattern Beta
    Singularity Warp Shadow
    Singularity Jump

You get:

-16.7% Hull HP
    -16.7% Shield HP
    +15% Impulse Speed
    +12 Turn Rate
    +5 Weapon Power
    Crew set to 500

When you fly Guardian, you get the Assault pet with:

Standard Heavy Dual Plasma Cannons
    Standard Plasma Turrets
    Standard Plasma Torpedoes
    Attack Pattern Alpha
    Attack Pattern Omega
    Cannon: Rapid Fire
    Energy Weapons: Singularity Overcharge
    Singularity Plasma Shockwave

You get:

-9.1% Hull HP
    10% Shield HP
    +5% Impulse Speed
    +5 Turn Rate
    -10 Weapon Power
    +5 Shield Power
    -5 Engine Power
    +15 Auxiliary Power
    Crew set to 1500

Neither pet can cloak - so while you can still cloak, the pet is going to fly around you saying "Hey everybody, we're here!"...that's if it remembers where you are, cause at times it likes to drag butt and just loiter while at other times it is bouncing off of you going, "Are we there yet?"...

The bonuses (positive and negative) are...well, taking a look at my guy (Haakona, not Fleet Ha'apax)...

Standard Mode
    Hull: 56245
    Shields: 9175
    Impulse: 24.80
    Full Impulse: 105.58
    Inertia: 30
    Turn: 12.0

Assault Mode/Guardian Pet
    Hull: 46870
    Shields: 7646
    Impulse: 24.80
    Inertia: 60
    Turn: 24.0

Guardian Mode/Assault Pet
    Hull: 51131
    Shields: 9830
    Impulse: 27.57
    Inertia: 40
    Turn: 16.9

The hull decrease is based on current hull. You lose 16.7% or 9.1% of whatever your hull is.
    The shield decrease is based on current shields. You lose 16.7% of whatever your shield capacity is.
    The shield increase is based on base shields. You gain 10% of whatever your shield base capacity is.
    There is no increase to Impulse (neither Impulse nor Full Impulse) Speed, though it is listed as one of the bonuses. The reduction in Impulse Speed in Guardian came from the -5 Engine Power.
    Inertia changes depending on which mode you're in, though it is not a listed change.
    The increase to turn is a flat modifier - it is not a boost to base turn. Not sure why Guardian shows 16.9 instead of 17, when Standard shows 12 instead of 11.9 and Assault shows 24 instead of 23.9.