Install Arc

Ker'rat or Arena based PvP - & why?

2»

Comments

• tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    beameddown wrote: »
    I prefer arenas

I like kerrat a lot, but sometimes it can become very annoying to fly around looking for a fight for 5 minutes

I understand why so many fly around cloaked

I just wish we could have some pvp maps that you cant cloak in, or a battlezone

I believe a lot feel themselves superior while in cloak ships and prefer to stay in them

just would be nice to have some strait up fights to be proud of instead of sneak attacking some guy, posting the vape, then running away from anyone thats nearby

escape consoles make ships preform better then they really are and can make fights drag on longer then they need to be

don't get me wrong, I love it all, Its cool its in the game, just wish they would give us some more incentive to not run the escape consoles and the vape ships is all, I much prefer the rockum sockum starship fights then the "hey click dead, or LOL you guys cant get me" :)

yes and in those maps, I would like to see what my b'rel can do with my hull, shields, boff, and weapon slot back!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rck01 wrote: »
    2. The sense of community. There are a number of Ker'rat regulars who have become my friends over the past year or so. This is true on both sides of the faction fence. Some of us have running duels (I'm looking at you, Hek'lar/Neepa/Tor'ach) that can span days or even weeks. Others just automatically come together via an unspoken "wingman" bond (Zero, you da man!). And when one or more "colorful" players warps in (think Minimax in his vaper build, or Scora in her FBP boat), the place goes nuts while everyone tries to track them down and get the kill.
    RCK

Yaaarr!

Thar be barrels o' fun to be had with a challenge of worth!
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • dius1981dius1981 Member Posts: 500
    edited June 2014
    torach wrote: »
    Yaaarr!

Thar be barrels o' fun to be had with a challenge of worth!

How many times does it need to be said Tor...

YOUR NOT A PIRATE!!!!!!!!!
    OMEGA ARMADA & House of Beautiful Orions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Please keep the QQ to a minimum.
    >>>PUNISH THE FEDs<<<
    >>>Positive Feedback from a PvE HERO<<<
  • riccardo171riccardo171 Member Posts: 1,802 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rck01 wrote: »
    I'm definitely a Ker'rat fan for several reasons:

3. The opportunity to hone skills/perfect builds. It's hard to experiment with PvP tactics and gear from within the pressure cooker environment of an Arena match. Ker'rat gives new players the chance to try different strategies without undermining their team. At the same time, veterans get the chance to try out new builds and generally tune their gameplay before jumping into the queues.

RCK

:soon: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Cloaking_Device

Come on Jacob, I know you're tempted! :D
  • jangoak47jangoak47 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »

I Don't know man, he looks like a pirate in his forum avatar.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • torachtorach Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dius1981 wrote: »

Yahahharr?

Ye be sayin I be not a Pirate? What be a pirate?

How can ye be tellin me I not be somethi'n? T'is is an insult ye is tryin to convey towards meself? T'is it not?

Yer jus bein a landlubbin coallifter ye be! Now ye be off to the mines doin what yer best at! Liftin coals!
    "Better were the days when mastery o' space came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures... but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. Ye all know thi's to be true!"
  • grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
    edited June 2014
    Ker'rat or Arena PvP - & why?

Arena Dius,..

Karrat is like a streetfight.. Arena is like a MMA.. . :D

greetings..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Expanding on my original response: Only thing for certain in Ker'rat is that it will be very very imbalanced, which gets boring fast. Arena is more predictable but it is wholly removed from the in-game universe, and it might as well be a web-based game. They are both bad, for different reasons.
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tfomega wrote: »
    no kidding fonz.. where the TRIBBLE ya been?

hey!!

just been flying planes in warthunder and mapping out the buttons on my hotas cougar for star citizen... cant wait for that!! hehe

was gonna play sto again for a bit and get that risian cruiser , but i got a look at it and i'm still laughing so hard don't think i can do it. :/

i might check in this weekend though. hope to see ya there. ^^
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!