test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Thread: Risa Map Load Bug (Resolved)

13»

Comments

• Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We are aware of the issue.

If it's not fixed by the end of the day, will an extra day or two be added to the event? I left 2 toons there last night. It's not debilitating to me (the one going for the Luxury Cruiser isn't there yet) but to others it sounds like it could make or break their event.
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How do we do the floater pearl thing for the ship? The lady wont give the mission. >.>
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    How do we do the floater pearl thing for the ship? The lady wont give the mission. >.>

As I said, it looks like it is bugged, expect an emergency patch tomorrow
  • Options
    sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not just the floater, even the dancing event seems to be broken according to some people in my fleet.

I was confused at first too, just tell them they need to clck the I Want Too Dance! Button in the lower right of their screens. They then need to complete 38 dances for 50 favors.

As for the Floater Pearl mission. It wasn't there for me at first, but after I asked the npc all the questions in green, closed the dialog box, and opened it again, it was there.
    y1arXbh.png

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well what were people parking there last night for - to be the first to <fill in the blank>? You had to know that Risa was going to be the subject of quite a bit of patching to be able to fire up the event. Given the recent track record could you expect something different?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Switch maps and they should work.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    ovinspaceovinspace Member Posts: 310
    edited June 2014
    How do you complete the dances? My character stood there and did her own thing.

Also how do you finish the race, did the course and at the inner finish flag it looks like it has to be clicked by nothing happens, others seemed to be having the same problem.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Instance 59 works.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Floater challenge is working now.
  • Options
    squadalaxdsquadalaxd Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi Folks. For anyone who have problems getting the mission, just beam up to ship, go all the way to sector space, then return to the Risa event and talk to Fly High NPC again. It worked for me.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To those grinding for the ships - as soon as one character has gotten a ship for 1,000 the account unlocks and now allow each other alt on the account to get that specific ship for 40. The unlocks are separate for each ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The bikini is bugged and makes my romulan female invisible. Just a floating head with hands and legs and an empty bikini.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ovinspace wrote: »
    How do you complete the dances? My character stood there and did her own thing.

Also how do you finish the race, did the course and at the inner finish flag it looks like it has to be clicked by nothing happens, others seemed to be having the same problem.

You have to do the dance that is called out, within a second or three of when they call it. It helps to pin the emote window so you can just click it as it's called.

The race, you have to click the finish marker that appears. If you took too long, it poofs, so that is probably what happened to everyone.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Instance 59 works.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    The bikini is bugged and makes my romulan female invisible. Just a floating head with hands and legs and an empty bikini.

It's a cloaking device bikini. It obviously needs some help, your head needs to disappear too. :P
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    At what times does the dance start? It says twice every hour, but I have yet to see it. :confused:
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    From our testing, this is looking to be a server lag issue. If you're still seeing this shut down the client, wait a few minutes and try logging in again. All of our tests were able to load by the third attempt.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    At what times does the dance start? It says twice every hour, but I have yet to see it. :confused:

The schedules look to have changed with the new events, I think each one only happens once an hour now, with the race happening twice.
  • Options
    odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Works flawlessly now, thanks guys!
  • Options
    badkrisswolfbadkrisswolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OK for me, i can logon now :D:D
  • Options
    jkbennett2008jkbennett2008 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My game crashes every time I try to load Risa. I was able to beam down to Risa the day the summer event went live. I left that toon there when I logged off that night. The next day I tried to log back in on that toon, and the game crashed as soon as it attempted to patch some files (13 in total, I think). After finding this thread, I thought maybe it was a related issue, but when I tried to take a different toon to Risa, the game still crashed. Now both toons are stuck on Risa, and I can't participate in the Summer Event :(

Any help about this would be very appreciated :)
    Emma
    Virinat Detachment
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My game crashes every time I try to load Risa. I was able to beam down to Risa the day the summer event went live. I left that toon there when I logged off that night. The next day I tried to log back in on that toon, and the game crashed as soon as it attempted to patch some files (13 in total, I think). After finding this thread, I thought maybe it was a related issue, but when I tried to take a different toon to Risa, the game still crashed. Now both toons are stuck on Risa, and I can't participate in the Summer Event :(

Any help about this would be very appreciated :)

Are you getting the Cryptic Error Tracker with this, if so, can you get me the Error Tracker number?

If not, are you getting an error message of any kind?
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    ghost13srbghost13srb Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Server is not responding! I waited 500+ seconds for nothing before i had to close the game with task manager and now i can't even play because every time i select my character it starts loading Risa and i m back at SERVER NOT RESPONDING thing!!! :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ghost13srb wrote: »
    Server is not responding! I waited 500+ seconds for nothing before i had to close the game with task manager and now i can't even play because every time i select my character it starts loading Risa and i m back at SERVER NOT RESPONDING thing!!! :mad:

Try opening the Options menu in your Launcher, and unchecking "On-demand patching" then try again. This will entail a large patch. Alternatively, or in addition to that, you can check "Force verify" in the same Options menu.

If all that does not work, all I can suggest is filing a ticket with Customer Service or try posting in the PC, Network and Other Technical Issues thread to see if someone there can help.

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    what ever happened to the 'safe mode' login that allowed you to login to the last safe map after a crash? i havent seen that in ages.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Try opening the Options menu in your Launcher, and unchecking "On-demand patching" then try again. This will entail a large patch. Alternatively, or in addition to that, you can check "Force verify" in the same Options menu.

If all that does not work, all I can suggest is filing a ticket with Customer Service or try posting in the PC, Network and Other Technical Issues thread to see if someone there can help.

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    I unchecked On-demand patching and launcher is downloading a 4029MB file, i will edit this post when it finishes. Thanks btw :)
  • Options
    jkbennett2008jkbennett2008 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are you getting the Cryptic Error Tracker with this, if so, can you get me the Error Tracker number?

If not, are you getting an error message of any kind?

I think it was a problem on my end. I took the computer to get serviced because it was telling me I had no NVIDIA graphics card. I was given a loaner computer while they worked on mine, and I can access Risa from this computer.

Sorry to take up your time on this and thank you for responding :)
    Emma
    Virinat Detachment
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ok, i have a completely new problem right now. I was trying to patch it but it froze half way through so i decided to try and verify it with Steam but for some reason it finished it in a second and said that all files are successfully validated. Ofc. it was a glitch so i deleted the game and tried to reinstall it then i got this, when i hit install it finishes in a second, adds STO to my game library but it says in downloads it downloaded 0 bytes. After that i even tried deleting Steam registries to remove any glitches and updated Steam but i still get this! Something is very wrong with this game, it worked just fine before! Also, i tried downloading Arc and getting STO there but after a 4GB download there was a 13GB patch which froze half way through! I m going crazy!

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/6/1L/3gGKwIb5/sto.jpg
  • Options
    eera73eera73 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    you are not alone.

many threat about it :

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=977221
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1140781
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138371

it will be nice to have an official announce from dev team about it. Am dare to play SO... but can't
This discussion has been closed.