test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Latest patch...

captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
Alienware keyboards and mice now have colored glow effects depending on what faction and state your captain is in.
This applies to when the player is on ground or space maps.
The keyboard and mouse will glow red for all captains when in a Red Alert state.
The keyboard and mouse will glow blue for FED captains when in an idle state.
The keyboard and mouse will glow orange for KDF captains when in an idle state.
The keyboard and mouse will glow green for ROM captains when in an idle state.
The keyboard and mouse will have no glow when map transitioning or when in menus.
This applies to all Alienware keyboards and mice which have this interactive backlight function.

Yipieee [/sarcasm]

Tons of fixes, but that stands out as pretty much the most pointless one. Well, that or the oddy outfit being sent out for NPCs on more bases.
[aside] If only there were and option where we could go *flick* and the oddy outfit just ceased to exist![/aside]

Queue doomsong!
I need a beer.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    queue Doomsong!

Doooooooooooooooooooooommmm!!!!!!!!!111!!! :D
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    edwardianededwardianed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    [aside] If only there were and option where we could go *flick* and the oddy outfit just ceased to exist![/aside]

Yeah, and then all the Starfleet NPCs could go back to looking like terribly dressed, mixed uniform, generic sci-fi characters again! Wheeeeeee.....
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, and then all the Starfleet NPCs could go back to looking like terribly dressed, mixed uniform, generic sci-fi characters again! Wheeeeeee.....

I can get behind standardization, but god that oddy outfit is terrible. Though a switch like that would mean people who don't like it could get rid of it asap lol

Doooooooooooooooooooooommmm!!!!!!!!!111!!! :D

Bless you my son :D
    I need a beer.

• Options
    reallydumbpwereallydumbpwe Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Saw this and made me think of Cryptic...

http://imgur.com/HTisMpC
  • Options
    edited June 2014

hah! I like it.

Bless you my son!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited June 2014

At the level of software complexity we are at on most things these days, it pretty much applies everywhere.
  • Options
    calamaraincalamarain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yipieee [/sarcasm]

Tons of fixes, but that stands out as pretty much the most pointless one.

I have to agree with this... Who looks at their keyboard while they are in combat, or wandering around ESD/New Romulus? I know I don't! Hold the L&R mouse buttons down, and point it in the direction you want to go. In space, hammer at the spacebar, or on ground use 1, 2, & 3.

What is the point of turning the little pretty lights red when in combat? Is it to tell you that someone is attacking you? Wouldn't that be covered by the hud turning red, the red alert signal being displayed, and a computer voice telling you that you're under attack?

I'm glad to see the loadouts are being fixed, although it would have been more benefit to allow unwanted saved loadouts to be deleted instead of making pretty lights on keyboards change colour!
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this is an alienware bias. I have a razer deathstalker ultimate. why is there no app for the LCD?
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Alienware's overrated and overpriced. I could build a tower that will do the same job for a third of what one of their prefabs costs. As for why this happened? For all we know PWE got a marketing deal going with Alienware and told Cryptic to do it, and ten'll get you a five it breaks four patches from now.

I'm more excited about the new Foundry props. We've been munching popcorn down in the Foundry forum since the things hit Tribble.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Bet you 5 EC they will be giving away alienware stuff in a future livestream.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Bet you 5 EC they will be giving away alienware stuff in a future livestream.
    you miserly cheapskate...make it at least 20!
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Alienware.... How about doing something like that for my Razer Naga and Deathstalker Mouse/Keyboard --;
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    For all we know PWE got a marketing deal going with Alienware and told Cryptic to do it, and ten'll get you a five it breaks four patches from now.

9 times out of 10 is what it usually is: PWE brokers a deal with Alienware, Alienware promotes PWE, PWE returns the favor, more exposure for both companies, more products sold, everyone is happy (unless you draw the short stick and get riddled with incompatibility issues and misc bugs.)
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator:
    The effects of the Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator console will no longer become active until the user has at least one shield facing below 90% maximum capacity.
    Updated all descriptions and tooltips to reflect these changes.

any got around to testing that nerf? I personally haven't had enough time.