test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you buy more of the lobi stuff if it was ACCOUNT WIDE?

centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
I know I would.
Post edited by centersolace on

Comments

• Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh, my main would get the stuff and trickle down to my alts...

Maybe...but I'm not sure
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, it'd be a far easier spending decision.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes but unlikely to happen.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    dcmstechdcmstech Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would like to see this as well but not gonna hold my breath for it. :P
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Same logic can be applied to fleet ships,

I would, but I'm not expecting it to happen any time soon if at all
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sure. Definitely.

But Cryptic and PWE will not make as much money. They need to sell us lots of keys to open gamble boxes because it makes them a ludicrous amount of money. And we just can't ween them off of that...
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes indeed. The main reason why I'm not buying the various costume is because it's not account wide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ...Probably less, since I've purchased multiples of some of the costumes and I wouldn't have to do that.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Easy answer, hell yes.

Though in moderation, i would think account wide is only acceptable on the outfits, not ships/boffs/guns/equipment etc
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if one of my characters had a ship in question, then I would love to get a lobi discount (they've shown its possible to reduce ship prices with the risa and winter ships) say 35%-50%, so instead of lopping out 800 lobi it would be 400-520 lobi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably.

I think the Lobi Store discount is a neat idea for this, and maybe they should do something similar for fleet ships - maybe every time you unlock a ship again on a different character, the cost is lowered by one module (minimum 1).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Absolutely! There are plenty of Lobi things that I want, but I don't buy them simply because they need to be purchased on a per character basis. If Lobi and lockbox items where account wide I would spend the money to get it all.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Certainly; right now I avoid lobi stuff for that exact reason. $50 on a ship that only one character can ever use? Yeahno.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    think its safe to say most of the player base would but cryptic PWE is not going to let it happen or they lose out money on ppl who got to have it for their 32 alts.......................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably yes.
    And this isn't even about ships. There are a couple of fun items (armor, costume, ferengie missile launcher..) I kind of would like but... Having 6 active characters most of those items would fit with multiple of them, if not all. And I'm certainly not buying all.

A nice touch for items might be making them bound to account instead of bound to character.
    I wouldn't expect them to become account unlocks like... Ever.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Easy answer, hell yes.

Though in moderation, i would think account wide is only acceptable on the outfits, not ships/boffs/guns/equipment etc

Well I was thinking something similar. But it never hurts to ask.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes.

/tencharacters
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would rather have fleet ships account wide. But would like more ways of getting lobi crystals though. :)
  • Options
    vawlkusvawlkus Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nope. There's no way to earn lobi without using dilithium for keys, which I won't be doing until my starbase is a LOT further along.
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    no way they would allow account-wide lobi ships/gear, since it would make them lose money AND TRIBBLE off a bunch of people who have more than one of the same ship/gear on several characters to boot, but they could do that with outfits though.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No. I am done with the lobi store, this recent sale was the last straw for me, I am sick of them handing out items at discount prices that we work so hard or spent so much to get. I have no confidence in the lobi store anymore. For all I know they might be planning on giving away or discounting an item I just payed 200 lobi for, so why bother, why not just wait until they give it away or discount it. The only thing that will get me to buy more lobi stuff is a guarantee these sales will stop or we will at least get some advance notice. If this doesn't happen there is nothing in the lobi store I need badly enough to make me avoid boycotting it.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Probably I would be more willing to buy stuff.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    No. I am done with the lobi store, this recent sale was the last straw for me, I am sick of them handing out items at discount prices that we work so hard or spent so much to get. I have no confidence in the lobi store anymore. For all I know they might be planning on giving away or discounting an item I just payed 200 lobi for, so why bother, why not just wait until they give it away or discount it. The only thing that will get me to buy more lobi stuff is a guarantee these sales will stop or we will at least get some advance notice. If this doesn't happen there is nothing in the lobi store I need badly enough to make me avoid boycotting it.

That's life and sales...it's not like the same thing doesn't happen in RL all the time. Trying to tell me there has never been something you bought only to find out it was on sale the next day or week?

I bought two things from the Lobi store just last week, am I upset? No...you know what they say happens...that's life.
  • Options
    guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not really. I already bought earrings for all my characters and there's nothing else in the lobi store that I want. I might get the Temporal costume, though, it's pretty neat, and you're right - if it was something I'd be able to buy once and have on all my characters, I wouldn't mind buying 200 lobi for it, but as it is it's not worth it.

If Cryptic wants me to spend lots of money on pay to win items, they should put something else that I want behind actually challenging PvE content, or fix PvP. Right now I can do everything in the game with mk10 blues except for PvP, which is too FUBAR to bother with. Collecting better stuff is just something I do on autopilot while watching sports games or chatting with long distance friends.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    Same logic can be applied to fleet ships,

I would, but I'm not expecting it to happen any time soon if at all

Not really, they already made lobi account bound so it'd be a small jump to making the gear account bound. Fleet ships are earned w/ fleet credits which are not account bound. But I could see (like they are going to do with the Risa ships) once you own one of them, your alts could buy at a discounted rate.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not really, they already made lobi account bound so it'd be a small jump to making the gear account bound. Fleet ships are earned w/ fleet credits which are not account bound. But I could see (like they are going to do with the Risa ships) once you own one of them, your alts could buy at a discounted rate.

Like buying Fleet Ships with three Fleet Modules instead of four.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Like buying Fleet Ships with three Fleet Modules instead of four.

That requires you to buy the C-store ship first. Not one of your toons having the fleet ship already.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the answer is a fairly obvious "yes" for account-bound gear, and especially for account-unlock costume pieces.

It won't happen of course. :p

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.