Install Arc
Options

Your favorite villain(s) from Star Trek®

stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Ten Forward
Mines would be shinzon.

Who is yours?
ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
Post edited by stomperx99 on

Comments

• Options
    greyhame3greyhame3 Member Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Scariest is probably the Borg, even with Voyager.
    Best done was probably General Chang for the movies. For the TV series, I'd go with Weyoun.
  • Options
    mthomps016mthomps016 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dukat.

Style, pets the dog, and even tries to work with Sisko and company, but still is a villain.
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2014
    Conniving, self-absorbed Kivas Fajo from TNG's "The Most Toys" Saul Rubinek was awesome in the role (as with everything else I've seen from him).

Trelane, TOS' "The Squire of Gothos". Conniving, self-absorbed, superbeing

Gul Dukat, DS9, various episodes. Conniving, self-absorbed...hmm, I sense a pattern.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Khan from ID or Chang from UC.

Also The Borg from the pre FC era.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Khan ( both of them) I felt both Ricardo, and Benedict , brought something to the role.

Gul Dukat, something about the way he could twist the knife.

The Duras sisters, I found them amusing.
  • Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    MY FAVOURITES:

General Chang- Chang was a compelling villain, in part because he broke the mold in so many ways. Unlike most other Klingons, he came across as cultured and refined while still holding the Klingon values of honour and glory very dear. This made him that much more intriguing as a villain, because you just knew from the get go that he was going to be a cunning foe for Kirk and crew.

Locutus of Borg- what can I say, I really liked "The Best of Both Worlds."

Gul Dukat- smarmy, suave, and casually brutal at times, Dukat was interesting because he constantly danced the fine line between sympathetic villain and complete and utter jackass. There were times when you wanted to hate him, but there also times where you saw him as the loving father and devoted patriot that he clearly saw himself as. He was an effective bad guy, in part, because you could see that he had the capacity to be a better man than he was, but chose not to be.

Kai Winn- I absolutely hated her. Which, in an of itself, makes Winn a pretty good villain.

Weyoun- like Winn, Weyoun was someone who you constantly wanted to throttle. What I liked about Weyoun, though, is that he constantly balanced a smiling, courtly demeanour with a ruthless, fanatical loyalty to the Founders. That being said, it was immensely satisfying whenever one of his clones died.

Gul Madred- David Warner absolutely owned the screen for the single episode he was on TNG.

Khan Noonien Singh (Ricardo Montabaln version- Because Khan.

LEAST FAVOURITES:

Gul Dukat- Dukat was an interesting villain until he went insane, after which everything he did was completely and utterly ludicrous. Ugh.

The Duras Sisters- were more annoying than anything else.

The Borg Queen- someone please tell her that dangling metallic spines are not in any way seductive.

Shinzon- he wasn't too horrible, but the very concept of an Evil Picard Clone was just silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    In order:

Weyoun. Guy made me want to snap his neck like Worf did.

The Borg Queen (Alice Krige). Sexy TRIBBLE act down PAT, even if the concept ruins the Borg.

Gul Madred. The guy tortured Picard and almost got him to break.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh.

Locutus of Borg. Oh, man, the MENACE of that one line at the end of BOBW pt 1...

Gul Dukat before he went nuts and started working for space demons. SO EVIL!!!!!

Kai Winn. So whiny and annoying, I have never been happier to see anyone die.

(Dis)honorable mention: Duras. Like a Klingon Weyoun. Never been happier to see a man gutted.

Worst:

Shinzon. Guy's a nitwit.

Nero. Guy feels like a bad Khan ripoff.

Those Ferengi doofuses from "Rascals". They were complete idiots.

Tolian Soran.

STO Best:

Colonel Hakeev. Guy's fricking creepy.

First Kar'Ukan. He is a worthy foe!

"Cooper". SO. EVIL!!!

Manus of Borg. So OP, especially given PUG tactics...

Gul Madred. Because he's fricking Gul Madred, the same guy who showed his daughter the human he was torturing.

STO worst:

Honestly, I have to say Sela. She does hardly anything at all.

The Voth. Idiots to a man.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The reason I like Shinzon is because, Scimitar babe! But up there with him, would be, well, Hakeev and the Tal Shiar.
    And also anything 8472 :P
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dukat, because he actually acted like an intelligent person most of the time instead of a Saturday morning cartoon villain.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Humanity. How often did they try to destroy themselves? First V'ger, then the Whale Probe. Can't we do anything right?

As for being serious, I still think that the Xindi Reptilian spokesman is a true villain. A man so obsessed with destroying a species, he ignored evidence he was being toyed with and betrayed his own species.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tolian Soran. He was my favorite kind of villain. A sympathetic villain. Cultured, well-mannered, witty.

His only desire was to shut himself off from the rest of the universe, and he did not care how many people needed to die -- because wherever he was, any guilt from that would simply be gone.

I drew a comparison to Tolian Soran and the people who are willing to destroy so much in order to get to an eternal paradise. Except in his case it was a very literal one -- one backed by reality. One with proof.

How could I possibly take issue with that? To leave a life of pain and suffering behind for an eternity of joy and happiness... with no guilt for his actions as a result. And knowing exactly amount of destruction needed to happen in order to get there.

He also gets the distinction of being the only Star Trek villain who was able to kill Kirk.

He also has the best disruptor in the Star Trek series. I keep hoping they'll put it in STO.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dukat hands down. Yes, he was a serious bugger. Yes, he was egotistical till it hurt. But Marc Alaimo played the part so well, I genuinely believed he saw himself as the saviour of the Bajorans. He believed everything he said. Yet he was also villainous enough to keep bajoran women as 'personal attendents'. But he was fair with his executions. A bajoran life for a cardie life. He was the most greyest and deep character Trek had. Certainly top 3.

Also Weyoun. I just love that guy. So calm, So peaceful. No clue about social graces outside the negotiation room, fanatical to his Gods, and could happily threaten you with the genocide of your species and make it sound like he was doing you a favour.

And an honourable mention to Tolian Soren, for the reasons Iconians stated (he did have an awesome disrupter). And Malcolm Mcdowell gave him the drive and desperate determination. He was someone who would do what it took, but you could see he was a haunted soul by doing it. He was also the only tng movie villain who was able to have an intelligent conversation with Picard.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Tough call...

Chang... was awesome and impressing in appearance. But honestly we didn't really know much about him...

Locutus.... Its always a great story twist to turn the actual "hero" of the show into a villain (see that in perfection with "Angelus" in Buffy^^) . But honestly, there wasn't much more to locutus but the concept. Was great but not my favorite...

Dukat... Loved that character for NOT being a villain actually. He was in a grey area (no pun intended) but he got ultimately screwed over in the final seasons, tuning him into a mustage twirling comic book pah wraith lackey.
    If they had killed him of at the point his character arc was done, which would have been in the episode where he was stuck with sisko on that planet OR would have done something interesting with him (opposed to the character assassination they actually did) he would be place 1. But it happened, so he isn't.

Leaves the legendary Khan Noonian Singh. He was interesting in "sleeping Tiger", "Wrath of Khan" did build perfectly upon it as a mad driven version of it, and cumberbatchs awesome interpretation of... essentially both versions... might be the only redeemable quality of the Jar Jar movies and his presence turned into darkness into an actually enjoyable movie - to some degree.
    Kind of boring liking the same probably most people do^^

But honestly: I will never understand how people could like Shinzon. In concept a "dark Picard" sounds nice, but shinzon failed in every possible way in execution, not at least because they actually turned him into arapist . That works NEVER out if you want an intriguing villain.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Shinzon worked for me because he WASN'T a Moriarty. He was a brash, arrogant upstart, who didn't really know what he was going to do next. It made him unpredicatable and what he did genuinely surprised me. :D Soran... Well, his story was interesting, but the man himself bored me.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Shinzon worked for me because he WASN'T a Moriarty. He was a brash, arrogant upstart, who didn't really know what he was going to do next. It made him unpredicatable and what he did genuinely surprised me. :D Soran... Well, his story was interesting, but the man himself bored me.

To each his own. I found Shinzon to be an unrelatable, unrealistic villain who was purposefully molded to resemble Kahn's character.

Except he lacked Kahn's charisma, and most importantly he lacked the solid backstory to make people really understand the animosity between Picard and Shinzon. Nowhere near the way Kahn and Kirk's relationship was portrayed.

And it was the final film in the TNG movie franchise, which did not do any favors. Tom Hardy? Great actor. Shinzon? Horrible villain.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    top 45! Star Trek villains youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjtzuFhRHjM

my list:
    1) Gul Dukat (Marc Alaimo) - DS9 - "the Protector"
    2) Tomalak (Andreas Katsulas) - TNG - Picard's counterpart on romulan side
    3) Weyoun (Jeffrey Combs) - DS9 - cloned TRIBBLE
    4) Admiral Marcus (Peter Weller) - Into Darkness - the Starfleet can be evil too
    5) Admiral Valdore (Brian Thompson) - ENT- "Where are my drone ships?"
    6) General Chang (Christopher Plummer) - TOS - but better he is in Klingon Academy game
    7) Annorax (Kurtwood Smith) - VOY- StarTrek Nemo with timeship
    8) Warship Voyager Captain Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) - VOY- black gloves are badass
    9) Sela (Denise Crosby) - TNG - you need three best brains (Spock, Data, Picard) from Starfleet to outsmart her
    10) Gul Madred (David Warner) - TNG- "There are four lights!"

Another well maked bad guys : Khan , John "Khan" Harrison , Duras family , the Borg, Tolian Soran, So'na , Lore , Luther Sloan , Seska , Kruge, Kai Winn Adami

From STO i like Dr. Cooper because he is only one original villain here. Hakeev is to much cartoon.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Borg
    Dukat
    Undine
    Khan(Into Darkness)
    Nero
    Sela

These are the top ones I can think of.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    And it was the final film in the TNG movie franchise, which did not do any favors. Tom Hardy? Great actor. Shinzon? Horrible villain.

I agree and Brent Spiner is good actor but bad director.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    tmassx wrote: »
    I agree and Brent Spiner is good actor but bad director.

Not to be pedantic, but I don't see any director credits for him over at IMDB...

Anyway

My favorite villains:

Khan (Montalban)
    Damar
    Lursa and B'Tor
    Q
    Dukat
    Weyoun
    Brunt
    Xindi Reptillian
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Not to be pedantic, but I don't see any director credits for him over at IMDB...

Ahh my bad , first director of ST: Nemesis was Stuart Baird.
    After first five minutes that movie (Romulan senate massacre) i was excited, a story potential was big , but imo too much ilogical things ruined that movie and Shinzon can not be saved even Tom Hardy's Bane :)
  • Options
    jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My is here
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    My is here

Hehe i think he is not a villain but space megatroll
    similar to the some antic greek gods
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tmassx wrote: »
    Hehe i think he is not a villain but space megatroll
    similar to the some antic greek gods

Honestly, I am not even sure I would classify Q as a Megatroll (though he did LOVE to troll the Enterprise crew).

To me Q always seemed more like some twisted benevolent trickster. In nearly all of his appearances, Q's antics ultimately had a benevolent end. Granted he had a funny way of getting there, but I think Picard put it best in the one episode, Q tended to do the wrong thing for the right reason.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Khan. Specifically, Ricardo Montalban's Khan.

General Chang

Gul Dukat

Romulan Commander, as played by Mark Lenard in TOS for "Balance of Terror"
    - Even though the character only appeared in only 1 episode, he gave a great impression that he was a veteran leader with ample combat experience, and a capable equal to Kirk. He was not a stereotypical villain as often is the case with characters opposite the main ones in any show or movie.

And lastly...

Weyoun! You can't forget Weyoun!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I did forget to mention Weyon. He was like an evil Kenny in the Star Trek universe.:D
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why has nobody yet mentioned Lore.

Or Arik Soong, for that matter.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sander233 wrote: »
    Why has nobody yet mentioned Lore.

Or Arik Soong, for that matter.

Yeah, Lore would be my pick.

I was so disappointed when the other android in Nemesis turned out to not be him. :(
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,760 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dukat!

(also a bonus: when people would yell "Dukat!")
  • Options
    grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Weyoun, it's got to be him.

Chang, give me a break. He didn't know when to shut his Shaksphere clogged mouth.

Nobody has mentioned the Gorn Captain yet so I will.

And last of all, Soran

As for Shinzon, he was a stupid horribly written character with no logic in his backstory at all.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg