test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Romulus - Broken Instance Doors

szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As of the May 22nd patch, all instances on New Romulus appear to be unaccessable.

There are neither waypoint markers on the map nor actual transition triggers/doors to interact with.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    As of the May 22nd patch, all instances on New Romulus appear to be unaccessable.

There are neither waypoint markers on the map nor actual transition triggers/doors to interact with.

Seconded.... please fix ASAP.... I need my rommy marks
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Having just tried a couple of the other non-instanced general area missions as well it seems the problem lies with the interacts having stopped working. Tests carried out:

Staging Area - Unable to interact with any normal interacts, i.e. consoles do not appear to be interactable, no data pads appear, can't interact with civies.
    Epohh' Tagging - Works as normal
    Havwel Ruins - Can't interact with consoles or scanning devices, however can get mission completion credits for killing Tholians so the mission itself actually works.

Both missions were picked up post patch, so it seems like the missions aren't initiating the interactables on pickup.

Edit:- Just run the Atlai successfully, can tag the baby Nanov's and spray the bugs for credit, however no sign of being able to collect water samples.

Also seem to be able to pick things like the zone wide plant samples up without a problem.
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No door for Power Plant mission and one of my characters needs it to finish T5 Rom rep. Fix it please.

PS. I'm KDF, and if this is a KDF specific bug that won't be fixed for years I'm gonna flip. :mad:
  • Options
    kazabokkazabok Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was able to interact with the objects in up in the Peaks, but not down at the Staging Area.

Maybe it stopped working after I'd completed the Peak, but before I picked up the Staging Area one.

I'm also unable to enter the Warehouse instance, I can get the mission from the NPC, but there is no interact option on the door. I didn't try any other instances on New Romulus.

This was with a Fed ally Rom, so it's not a KDF bug, you have a chance at a fix. :)
  • Options
    abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmmm I guess something is fubared... I just picked the ruins mission and let a guy thru to the dungeon

however picking "staging area" shows nothing on the map and running around didn't find anything to interact with

So I guess we got rommi marks doubled but no way of actually getting them thru the missions :)

*** language mildly corrected :)
  • Options
    fallfreemanfallfreeman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    having the same problem. Trying to finish my rep missions (always save them up till t5) and cant interact with the entrances.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The ground zone on New Romulus appears to be quite impressively broken at the moment. From this thread, and my own experiences, it looks like everything you're supposed to be able to interact with outside combat... you can't.

Got through Vastam Peaks by spraying bugs and shooting Tal Shiar, which were the only things I could do... the "Beginning of a New Future" wrapper mission, though, seems to be broken too, as I can't turn it in.

Happy anniversary, Romulans everywhere!
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Confirmed the entire NR zone is broken (activateables are not activateable) with two exceptions.
    • Vastam is playable by killing Tal Shiar and bug swarms. All other activateables are not working.
    • Atlai is playable by tagging nanovs and killing bug swarms. All other activateables are not working.

And no, xelene13, it's not KDF-specific. Tried it on my KDF and my Fed Rom with equal utter lack of success.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    pec3pec3 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No door for any mission on New Romulus for this reputation missions and one of my characters needs it to finish T5 Rom rep. Fix it please. :(
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've often said that making changes in the code is like playing Jenga, you move one thing and something else falls over.

I would therefore like to submit "Jenga" as a verb to describe how much Cryptic "Britta'd" this.

#sixseasonsandamovie!
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just ... oW.... :eek::P, seriously..

Yeah, its the same story as always, but well, nobody cares, really, so. Lets hope they fix it quick, until the next bug and thats all.

Good thing i just picked the tau dewa patrol daily and thats it. I am not in a hurry, like everybody else.. lol.
  • Options
    overlapooverlapo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ah Cryptic... always a dime short of the full buck.
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can confirm that I'm having the same problems on New Romulus. Completed the Atlai by Nanovs and bugs, then moved to staging area to take advantage of the increased marks - guess that won't be happening.

I guess I'll subscribe to this thread to see how long before we get a response from Cryptic and whether a fix will be incoming before next week or not.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2014
    Can we expect an emergency patch to fix the patch as earlier today i could do the interacts on New Romulus staging area mission ,on another alt, and 5 hrs later there are now no interacts to do mission:

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2014-05-22_00002.jpg
    You can see the sparks from the conduct shuttle maintence submission but no interact to do it.

tried restarting the game, switching instance, no fix, am in the process of force verifying game files in the hope that that resolves the problem will update post after that completes and I restart the game.

Update.... ok finished force verifing and no fix: http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/2014-05-22_00005.jpg

While I appreciate the double marks add-on that only works if we are able to do the missions. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sylkrodesylkrode Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    overlapo wrote: »
    Ah Cryptic... always a dime short of the full buck.

Helluva lot more than a dime short - .99c short of a buck, by my estimate. Truly astrological proportions, this bug. What a way to " 'improve' " gameplay.
  • Options
    texastrekkietexastrekkie Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we get an update from Cryptic? I was really hoping this Bonus Weekend would go off without a hitch.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    starswordc wrote: »
    Confirmed the entire NR zone is broken (activateables are not activateable) with two exceptions.
    • Vastam is playable by killing Tal Shiar and bug swarms. All other activateables are not working.
    • Atlai is playable by tagging nanovs and killing bug swarms. All other activateables are not working.

And no, xelene13, it's not KDF-specific. Tried it on my KDF and my Fed Rom with equal utter lack of success.

I did the ruins area by killing Tholians. Craters area doesn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I did the ruins area by killing Tholians. Craters area doesn't work.
    Are there no Hirogen to kill in the Crater area? If killing Tholians and Tal Shiar works, then killing Hirogen should count too... admittedly, they don't seem to be as plentiful as the Tal Shiar in Vastam or the Tholians in Hwael. (Or does the bug make them not decloak when you approach, or something like that?)
    8b6YIel.png?1