test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Thread: Power Tray Slotting Bug (Resolved)

Comments

• kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm still having this issue. It only seems to happen on certain ships though. For instance on my Reman captain his starship has the issue, but his shuttle does not.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really wish this were fixed. I'm terrified to make any changes to my shuttle for the event because I'm sure it'll break.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • ossangreycouncilossangreycouncil Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Been having the same problem with my Romulan. It doesn't matter if I attempt to change boffs, reconfigure the tray, check "lock tray" or not. It is always reset to a state of duplicated powers, missing powers, and powers I don't use.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also happens to me every time i switch map from ground to space - for some time it actually keep reseting my active DOFFs setup too...
    Now it mostly happens, when i discharge a ship - other ships for this character immediately start scramble power tray.
    Even "Lock tray" is not helping.
    So now until it get fixed the whole loadout system is counterproductive - please fix it or remove it from game.
    :mad:
    PS:
    Many episode missions keep switching maps space->ground->space...
    This can actually break game!
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just opened a new lockbox for the first time, but it's basically unusable because I'm getting hit with this bug too. As with everyone else, locking the tray does nothing. I can't fly any space missions if I have to fix the tray multiple times a day.
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Second character I gave a lockbox ship to and it's still happening. Just step onto a starbase to get some gear for the ship and all my hotkeys and auto-fire settings are gone again.
  • oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's happening to me, but only to my third skill bar, my first two remain untouched. Another problem I'm having of a similar nature are my doffs. They keep resetting in the same manner as the skill bars.
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I thought maybe it had stopped doing it but it just started back up again yesterday and has carried into to today as well. This is so pathetic, Cryptic!!!!! Get your act together, we are on page 13 in this thread and we haven't heard anything since 5/08/14. We are almost at a month out since this thread began but we sure keep getting plenty of dumb blogs about how we can spend our money on pixelated crack.

As much as I couldn't stand Blizzard and their desire for just unadulterated money grubbing greed, at least there, bugs like this usually never happened, and if they did it never took them a month to fix them. Oh, and if it sounds like I'm pissed off, it's because I am!!! Blizzard drove me to this game, You(Cryptic) may be driving me back or to another game.
    I'm still having this issue. It only seems to happen on certain ships though. For instance on my Reman captain his starship has the issue, but his shuttle does not.

This happened on my engineer with my Ody first, now it has started happening with my Obelisk. I don't think this bug discriminates.
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • wry1wry1 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's making it almost impossible to play... can't log into a pvp or TRIBBLE without having to set everything up..... Doffs and power trays...
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tribble notes claim this is fixed so looks like this thread can rest in piece finally.
  • councilspectrecouncilspectre Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am now dealing with this issue.
    AKA @contactpsi. Foundry Author of: "No Prize for Second Contact", "Welcome to the Milky Way", and "The Tyranny of Hope".
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tribble notes claim this is fixed so looks like this thread can rest in piece finally.

Probably but I'm sure they would like people to login and make sure
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• lazerfishlazerfish Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just started happening to me last night, continues today, quite possibly the most annoying bug I've ever experienced in any mmo, lol
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Checked it on tribble and it was only a partial fix. Still happens.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
    edited June 2014
    Tribble notes claim this is fixed so looks like this thread can rest in peace finally.

If this is so, why haven't the Devs posted anything here? A courtesy would be nice here, also the more people that know that this is being worked on, the more likely we all are to go on tribble and test this. Is it really so hard to communicate to us what is going on, it creates a great deal of resentment on our end toward Cryptic and makes Cryptic look incompetent or complacent or perhaps both.

• soofismacksoofismack Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well it was a nice idea, too bad it doesn't work. Have tried everything that Cryptic's help line has told me to do, and still my loadouts do not work. I have 3 toons that I like to mainly do space with but thanks to someone's great idea for the loadouts, they are almost useless. Can't do any pve's due to not having any abilities in my skill/powers tray. Tried to put stuff back in powers tray when in a mission and ended up with an afk penalty. NICE..let's pour salt on the wound. Have spent many dollars on this game but am at the point of not playing and paying this game anymore. Got a nice shiny new ship on my rommie toon yesterday. Sure is a shame I can't use it. My fleet Avengers on my other toons are not much good without weapons & powers. Wow and you are still charging money for zen to purchase these shiny ships & gear. How much longer are people going to buy stuff they can't use. You need to pull the plug on the loadouts or this game will fail. The fun is gone and all we have left is the constant grind for dilithium & energy credits! Wow, real fun! Thanks a lot for turning a great game into a joke!!! Oh well, Live Long & Prosper... the prosper part should make everyone at Cryptic happy for a little while longer until the players have had enough of this BS!!!
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've pretty much accepted this bug ... Now I just hit "Save As" every couple of minutes (like a quick save) and mostly that seems to alleviate the problem ...

One Possibly related issue I have noticed though ...

Every time I upgrade or add points to one of my BoFF's skills, it removes that skill from my tray.

It's as if the game thinks that TT1 upgraded level 5 is different from the TT1 at level 3, on the same BoFF in thesame station, so it removes the power.

Similar to what happens if you "retrain" a currently stationed BoFF with a different power (CRF to CSV or such) you need to re-add the new power to your loadout.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    We do have a fix on Tribble for this. It already sounds like it didn't catch all of the issue. So, if you have tested this on Tribble, let me know the character name@handle and what you did to reproduce the issue.

After the build goes live on Thursday, if you still have the problem, same thing: let me know the name@handle of the affected character and what you did to reproduce the issue.
    STO QA Team
  • george021898george021898 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We do have a fix on Tribble for this. It already sounds like it didn't catch all of the issue. So, if you have tested this on Tribble, let me know the character name@handle and what you did to reproduce the issue.

After the build goes live on Thursday, if you still have the problem, same thing: let me know the name@handle of the affected character and what you did to reproduce the issue.

Just checked on Holodeck, all of my afflicted starships are retaining their power tray configurations for now. Thanks for the prompt fix.
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sorry but its still botched on my account , tried to switch to my advanced research vessel none of the save loadouts load properly . the whole point is to be able to switch ships and have loadouts on them while on one ship per toon it works other ships it FAILS to work properly . and any time i try to use any ship outside that one ship , powers are always missing on the other .
    so it doesnt work as advertized
    toons tested so far Quepan and Quel pain @quepan
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yup, it looks like it isnt fixed after all (why im not surprised, sigh). I was doing a misison episode, and when i finished it, my skill try was shuffled again. I tried to load the loadout to get all my skills in place, and it didnt work. It shuffled again (but with the skills in different positions lol. ).
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the funny thing is that ,for me at least i might have one ship on 2 toons that may work as intended, load normally , i have one toon that takes a doff off every time i load , another that has batteries that never stay put , everytime i transition i have to put them back on the tray .
    the only thing i can say is the toons the have 1 ship that works continue to work as intended . other than that its all borked Still . i hope they see this thread to know that its still bugged
  • speedofheatspeedofheat Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    no I just had it as well; especially true of devices (weapons battery) which seems to move in a consistent way from tray 6 slot 10 to tray 10 slot 3

Silk@speedofheat.

repo steps: 1) load game
    2) weapons battery has moved from point saved on bar
    3) select another build
    4) reselect original build and the battery goes back to the right space.
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
  • alyciatalalyciatal Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Totally worked for me: I've made a bit of tests.
    Thanks for the fix, since this is my first MMORPG, it's good to know that we are being listened.
    edited June 2014
    also when swapping builds; the tactical officer's skills fall of the tray leaving them blank...
    y3m-yM6W2jBAA7NpYi95PewTOHD9vSNpFGl3huKvuKsGif7jH9lBSYRtnx-AxOUzQw00u0SrjnMeAt0McFsPmCC2FoawxgX3ZON4Ork7H39MCRYsgBUn0QYSADDqYpB6wB5twq-_jNOp7AdrNeItQjiXChE9kwGvBsqc-vTz7oj3YM?width=660&height=198&cropmode=none
    edited June 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray

• futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Not fixed at all.

I was playing Cutting the Cord with two friends- warped up to fight Sela at the end. Two of us lost our slotted boffs. My friend manually reassigned his. I made a huge mistake and hit the load loadout button, which removed every single ability from my power trays, then added in a few of the boffs' abilities (but not even all of them) to random locations, and for good measure un-equipped my shield.

Seriously, guys, the loadout system doesn't ******* work. Take it out back and shoot it.
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Whenever I change ships now, the shared items don't make it into the new loadout.
    Say, I am in shipyard, look at ships, see shared items (Solanae set), activate a ship, and then check - and none of the shared items are on that ship. If I load a loadout, they are greyed uut (as if shared) but not on my ship.
    This is only since the previous power tray problem was "fixed". I first noticed during shuttle event, when my shuttle started the mission without shields or engines.:eek:
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
    edited June 2014
    When I created a *NEW* loadout; it seemed not to break (that particular loadout remains stable). and by new I don't mean overwriting an existing loadout
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Apologies if this thread is only for hotbar issues, but I know it has dev attention and I wanted to mention a loadout issue I'm still getting. I set up a fleet T'varo on my main yesterday. I decided to move some consoles around and put on weaker weapons while I was at ESD. When I beamed up, the consoles I moved unequipped themselves. I haven't tried saving a new loadout since yet, just wanted to bring it up that there is still some issue here when moving between ground and space. My name@handle, if it helps:

Kinanra@dragonsbrethren
This discussion has been closed.