test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 8th, 2014)

Comments

• thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ah but smoked Red shirt bacon is so great with some fava beans and a nice chianti. STHSTHSTHSTHSTHSTHSTH!!!!
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sorry im in GB so i was going on the fact that it said the maintenance would be finished at 4:30 and its 5 now.

Technically, we're one hour ahead of the stated time. So in BST, it'll be finished at 5.30. You'll also note it started at three PM rather than two PM.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We are under Daylight Savings time here in the US, which changes things.

Don't blame me, I think DST is stupid, too.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • sammyspet1sammyspet1 Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sorry im in GB so i was going on the fact that it said the maintenance would be finished at 4:30 and its 5 now.

we are on GMT Summer time not UTC that is one hour behind us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wanted to beat the Delta Meme n00bs LOL
    Join Date a player made up is NOT correct!
  • daisy0815daisy0815 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    2.3 GB...really? :eek:

Is that a patch or a DLC?
    Ich schoss nem Hipster ins Bein, jetzt hopster.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    Gekli is too chewy.

I prefer Epohh.

You'll like this scene from my collab fic, then: Down at the bottom of this page.

Yes, I really, actually wrote that.

No, I do not want to eat cute fluffy little epohhs IRL. I find them somewhat cute, actually.
  • marikaoniki1marikaoniki1 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thx Verry Much kasandaro and torsten1009 and can anyone tell me where to find the schedule.

scroll to the bottom or top of this page. Click the page link that says "First". You should now see LaughingTrendy's original thread post. Click on the first link posted, and it'll show you the time server maintenance started (your timezone will be the one on the right). Add two and a half hours to that time, and you have the expected end for maintenance.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I didn't see it listed in the patch notes for this week, but will the issue of graphics setting not saving be fixed with this patch, or am I going to have to reset them every time I load the game?

It's not a HUGE deal for me since all I have to do is reset the gamma, turn off bloom and ambient occlusion as well as depth of field and lens flare, but it *is* annoying.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • josh102001josh102001 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday May 8th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

Is for season 9.5?
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I didn't see it listed in the patch notes for this week, but will the issue of graphics setting not saving be fixed with this patch, or am I going to have to reset them every time I load the game?

It's not a HUGE deal for me since all I have to do is reset the gamma, turn off bloom and ambient occlusion as well as depth of field and lens flare, but it *is* annoying.

Oh well, like any of the millions of "little" bugs on STO, at first it can be only annoying, but after 3 months i tell you that you will be really pissed off lol. So, get used to it, it is an advise.
  • tickletopstickletops Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    scroll to the bottom or top of this page. Click the page link that says "First". You should now see LaughingTrendy's original thread post. Click on the first link posted, and it'll show you the time server maintenance started (your timezone will be the one on the right). Add two and a half hours to that time, and you have the expected end for maintenance.

this sounds an extremely sophisticated method of discerning the server maintenance times. Personally I find spamming the run/sto shortcut while shouting is the bacon ready yet much more attuned to my primal need.
  • smudgedjoshsmudgedjosh Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maintenance is usually thursday at this time, except a patch breaks something really bad. Then you can expect emergency patches on friday and saturday, an emergency restart on sunday and another patch on monday or tuesday, too.

UTC != CEST

I'm in germany, so we are in the same timezone. You should add an additional UTC clock to your computer.

Thx very much will do that.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Quite a little update here...

[insert mad scientist laugh]

I know what you're hiding Cryptic. You have very...interesting things...planned for us later this year. Things that are no doubt still on the drawing board. Things that may never come to fruition, but are prepared for it anyway. And some things...that no one would have ever foreseen. :eek:

There is no going back from this...
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does bacon make maintenance go faster?
    It has been scientifically proven to do so.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    josh102001 wrote: »
    Is for season 9.5?

Still no ... already told you ... you'd also know if you would've read the Patchnotes ... also "Season 9.5" is not even on Schedule (yet) ... so what's this "Season 9.5" you're talking about, anyway ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Someone mentioned it before...

But I really hope in the name of bacon that the secondary deflectors are being released...

*crossing fingers and toes*
  • spicesoulspicesoul Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday May 8th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

going on a bit long much?
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!
    ~LaughingTrendy
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Didn't know so many guys are from the better cont.. I mean from Europe.

And most of us non-english speakers are also pretty good in english writing.

Thanks for the ship slots. So what is the max number of ship TRIBBLE we can have?
  • sicjebsicjeb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So what is the max number of ship TRIBBLE we can have?

Can never have too many of those IMO.

Oh. Did I just type that out loud?
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!
    ~LaughingTrendy

Woohoo!

/10char
  • spicesoulspicesoul Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It has been scientifically proven to do so.
    i cant log in i think you guys did something wrong...
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    kimmym wrote: »
    The entire UI could use replaced. I don't say that lightly. I realize it would be a major undertaking, but I can't help but think that fixing it from the ground up would be easier then trying to fix all the bugs.

I love the game, but the UI is appalling.

LoL they already rebuilt it from the ground up for LoR. Yet they kept a lot of the bugs from the original one so we would feel at home. :)
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Does bacon make maintenance go faster?

Only red paint and white stripes makes things go faster.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And most of us non-english speakers are also pretty good in english writing.

Wait for it...

So what is the max number of ship TRIBBLE we can have?

Perfect.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    No, the point is that it always happens when it affects the fewest players. If you graph out the number of players currently in the game over the course of 24 hours, you will come up with something that is roughly a sine wave. Our maintenance happens at the lowest point in that sine wave.

Since a sine wave is a mathematical curve that describes a smooth repetitive oscillation, he should do well to remember there are *at least* 2 lowest points in the graph. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kdf tailor going to be fixed soon?
  • chrishellmax2363chrishellmax2363 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Nice to see lots of fixes.

I am, however, extremely disappointed that the Dev's haven't even acknowledged that the post S9 graphics settings have made this game near unplayable for some. It's not even referenced in 'known issues'.

Poor show.

Guess i agree with this. Seriously worried about the game only running okish with lowest settings on a machine that can run crysis flawlesly.
    Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh boy, I imagine Trendy desperately defending me with swords and axes from every PWE employee who has the bann power :D
This discussion has been closed.