test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Refined Dilithium Goes Missing.

razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I thought that I was just seeing a visual bug, or glitch when I signed in today. I got in the game a little after 8PM (EST) and proceeded to refine Dilithium on each of my characters (5 of them). I thought that it seemed like the Dilithium was missing, but just assumed it was a bug. I just checked again about 1:15am, and found out that all of the Dilithium I have refined over the past few days (4) has all gone missing.

I was hoping that the Dilithium that I got from this Dilithium weekend event would help me get a ship bundle, however it looks like I cannot refine any Dilithium or it will go missing in a matter of a few hours.

Please fix this bug soon. I REALLY want to be able to start back refining Dil so that I can buy more ships.
Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
Post edited by razar2380 on

Comments

• dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ****, I think I've seen this hug before...

Basically all the bonus dilithium gets reverted to as if it was earned under normal circumstances...thus a huge loss occurs.

Or it could be someone that TRIBBLE your account, turned all your dilithoum to zen, but keys and sent the keys to their account...

Good luck
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,185 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The only thing is if it was TRIBBLE, it would kick me off when someone else logged onto my account? However, I was logged in the whole time, and never got kicked.

I hope that the bug is fixed soon.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »

I was hoping that the Dilithium that I got from this Dilithium weekend event would help me get a ship bundle, however it looks like I cannot refine any Dilithium or it will go missing in a matter of a few hours.

Please fix this bug soon. I REALLY want to be able to start back refining Dil so that I can buy more ships.

It will never "help" you to get a ship faster.. i dont get that. You will refining the same ammount of dilithium than before, nothing changed. The only that changes is that you will have more reserves of non refined dilithium, thats all. Unless you are having problems gathering dilithium in a normal basis.. something that nowadays is hard to believe lol.

For me, the dilithium events are only events to fill a little more my reserves, but they dont give me "more" dilithium, i think you are getting it in the wrong way. I can gather more than 10k non refined dilitium everyday without the dilithium event on, the only thing that changes with the event is i can invest some time doing other things, since i will fill those 10k faster.

Thats all..

If someday cryptic makes a refined dilithium evenet, allowing players to refine more than 8500-9000 per day, that will be another story lol. :eek::D

BTW, i dont think there is something to fix... not unless some other players report this bug. If only 1 or 2 players report this as a bug, dont expect cryptic to do something. Send a ticket and praise for a miracle to see em doing something.
  • divvydavedivvydave Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Had this happen to me today on my rom, refined my ore only received 20 dil, when I checked the chat log it said;

[1:43] [System] [NumericLost] You lost 7,980 Refined Dilithium

Submitted a ticket, Ticket ID # 2.462.396

Currently saving for an ACR, needless to say I'm p***ed off.
    edited May 2014
    It will never "help" you to get a ship faster.. i dont get that. You will refining the same ammount of dilithium than before, nothing changed. The only that changes is that you will have more reserves of non refined dilithium, thats all. Unless you are having problems gathering dilithium in a normal basis.. something that nowadays is hard to believe lol.

For me, the dilithium events are only events to fill a little more my reserves, but they dont give me "more" dilithium, i think you are getting it in the wrong way. I can gather more than 10k non refined dilitium everyday without the dilithium event on, the only thing that changes with the event is i can invest some time doing other things, since i will fill those 10k faster.

Thats all..

If someday cryptic makes a refined dilithium evenet, allowing players to refine more than 8500-9000 per day, that will be another story lol. :eek::D

BTW, i dont think there is something to fix... not unless some other players report this bug. If only 1 or 2 players report this as a bug, dont expect cryptic to do something. Send a ticket and praise for a miracle to see em doing something.

Actually, it will "help" me to get a ship faster. I don't focus on farming for Dilithium when I am online. I spend my time farming marks, and spending time with friends and testing new builds all the time. For me, the focus isn't getting the max amount of Dilithium to refine each day.

Therefore, within just 2 hours of turning in extra marks, Borg neural processors, and the other things, I had over 780,000 Dilithium, which was going to go into buying a ship bundle after it was refined.

I know that the refining limit was not increased. However, since I don't farm Dilithium on a regular bases, this would help me get a ship faster. If it is fixed, I can go back to farming marks, and spending time with friends in-game, as well as the other things I like to do. For now, I am going to need to start farming Dilithium till I can replace the Dilithium that went missing.

And even though a bug might only affect a few players and not the majority, it is still a bug that needs to be fixed. The only question is whether or not it has their attention. Either way, I do suggest that everyone that refines Dilithium to start looking at the amount they have before doing so, and check it again within a few hours after. It could be that a lot more are affected by it, and just haven't noticed it yet.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I only need about 1 hour to gather 10.000 unrefined dilithium, and i have plenty of time to gather marks or watever, that is not a problem. I think players that are around for 1 or more years, can do everything at the same time. At least i can. So as i said, unless you are a new player and you are having difficulties to gather dilithium, i dont see how you will gather a ship faster. Veteran players and some of em around one or more years will see dilithium events as a waste and really useless. That is a truth like a temple lol.

780.000 dilithium, well i imagine you meant 78.000, because 780k is insane for a ship i think T5 ships cost around 150k lol. And dilithium ships are useless anyways.

And are you saying you have 780.000 REFINED dilithium??? are you sure u know what you talking about?

I tell you again, unless you talking about refined dilithium, you cant do anything with unrefined one. It doesnt matter if yo have 10 millions lol.

Of course it always help to let you more time to do other things, but honestly as i said, if you know where to gather dilithium and how, you can do everything at once, and experienced players will not see a real help in dilithium events, not when another more useful event could be in place.
    edited May 2014
    I only need about 1 hour to gather 10.000 unrefined dilithium, and i have plenty of time to gather marks or watever, that is not a problem. I think players that are around for 1 or more years, can do everything at the same time. At least i can. So as i said, unless you are a new player and you are having difficulties to gather dilithium, i dont see how you will gather a ship faster. Veteran players and some of em around one or more years will see dilithium events as a waste and really useless. That is a truth like a temple lol.

780.000 dilithium, well i imagine you meant 78.000, because 780k is insane for a ship i think T5 ships cost around 150k lol. And dilithium ships are useless anyways.

And are you saying you have 780.000 REFINED dilithium??? are you sure u know what you talking about?

I tell you again, unless you talking about refined dilithium, you cant do anything with unrefined one. It doesnt matter if yo have 10 millions lol.

Of course it always help to let you more time to do other things, but honestly as i said, if you know where to gather dilithium and how, you can do everything at once, and experienced players will not see a real help in dilithium events, not when another more useful event could be in place.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. No, I haven't been here for a year. In July it will be one year. And I do know that it is possible to get over 10,000 Dilithium in less than 45 mins. I have done it before when I was farming for it. I never meant to imply that it was hard, or impossible, or that I didn't know where to do it at. Sorry for the confusion there.

I never meant to imply that the Dilithium weekend event is the only way I can get Dil, or that it is the only time to. I only wait till then to farm my dilithium. Also, to help clear up what I mean by farming Dil, I mean Dilithium ore. I am aware that it needs to be refined. So, the 780,000 Dilithium I got in 2 hours was Dilithium ore. I mentioned that I got it from turning in the processors, marks, and other things from the other rep systems. Therefore, I mistakenly assumed that others reading the comment would understand that I meant Dilithium ore, and that I didn't get refined Dilithium by turning them in.

The ships that I mentioned I wanted to get are bundles. I am not aware of any ship bundles you can get from the Dilithium store, so again, I mistakenly assumed that other readers that are veteran players in STO would understand that I meant I needed to turn it in for Zen to get the ships.Therefore, I do need a large amount of Dilithium to get the ships.

So, even though I do know where and how to get Dilithium "ore" I choose to not focus on missions that will give a high reward of it during my time farming marks. I, personally, choose to just work on getting marks, and hanging out with my friends, sometimes even doing RP. That doesn't mean that none of the missions I do will give me Dilithium ore. It just means that till the Dilithium weekend comes, it is not a focus I have.

Again, this is just the way I personally choose to play. That doesn't mean that I don't know how to farm Dilithium. I just decided to not focus on it till the event is active, then spend 2 hours to get the hundreds of thousands of Dilithium ore then. I really didn't need to be in the game more than 1 month to figure out how to farm Dilithium ore efficiently, without the weekend event. Though, I don't usually choose to farm for Lobi Crystals, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to farm them either.

And to help clear up something else, I never said in my opening post that it will help me to get a ship "faster". You were the one that used that word first. I only said that I was going to use the Dilithium (I did mean Dilithium ore, I knew it needed to be refined) from the weekend event to get the ships.

I hope this clears up the confusion for you.Sorry again for the confusion. I will try to be more precise in the future to make it easier to understand what I am trying to say.
  • wdbittle2012wdbittle2012 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I got what you mean Razar;) don't matter how or what you did to get it, losing it is losing it... did you submit a ticket? Any response yet?

And I like the way you play, casual and enjoyable. lol Not like logging in and going to 'work' :)
    edited May 2014
    I got what you mean Razar;) don't matter how or what you did to get it, losing it is losing it... did you submit a ticket? Any response yet?

And I like the way you play, casual and enjoyable. lol Not like logging in and going to 'work' :)

I put in a GM ticket, but they said that they can't help, and not to contact them for help with in-game bugs. I need to put in a bug ticket. So, I did that. However, they don't let players know what they find out.

I did find something that is working for now. I pull up the Dilithium exchange, make sure the exchange rate is set to 25Dil/Zen. Then, as soon as I refine the Dilithium, I put it on the exchange to sell. So far, it has been holding it without losing it. If I don't do this, it will disappear every time.

And thank you for the comment. I found out years ago that since I have ADHD, if I focus on something too much, I get bored. Therefore, I don't focus on the farm that much. I just hop in to have fun. Sometimes it means farming something in the game, others it means that I am doing something

Everyone has their own idea of what is fun for them.
    edited May 2014
    I haven't seen anything about this problem yet. I have deleted the game, and reinstalled it again to see if it might be something with my game I down loaded. However, it is still doing this.

I looked here: "http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1111881" and still didn't see anything about it.

Is this issue only experienced by so few that it is not being worked on yet, or is there a way to see if something like this is being looked into?

I am still able to refine my Dilithium, but to keep it from disappearing, I need to either convert it to Zen, or put it on the Dil-Zen exchange at such a low exchange rate that it will not sell to store my Dil.
  • crashdudecrashdude Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    I thought that I was just seeing a visual bug, or glitch when I signed in today. I got in the game a little after 8PM (EST) and proceeded to refine Dilithium on each of my characters (5 of them). I thought that it seemed like the Dilithium was missing, but just assumed it was a bug. I just checked again about 1:15am, and found out that all of the Dilithium I have refined over the past few days (4) has all gone missing.

It sounds like I am dealing with the same bug as you are but so far has only affected one of my toons. I don't spend as much time playing as I once did (old time avg 3+hrs\night, now maybe 1 1/2hrs\night) so how quickly the bug eats up my dil I am not exactly sure, but it seems to be about 7k every 24hrs.

Has there been any sort of resolution/fix for you yet? I like your temp solution using the dil exchange, I most likely will do thye same. I haven't had the time to search forums if others have had this issue until now and will be submitting a support ticket after I hit reply on this post
  • dagwood571077dagwood571077 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Youre not alone - seems to be about 7k every 24 hours for me as well :(
  • pherraspherras Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This is rather dumb, most veteran players have more than on character for the specific purpose to get more refined Dil. Guess what you need for that? Ore. No veteran wants to spend an hour each on x amount of characters trying to hit the refine cap. So these events do help.