Install Arc
Options

Featured episodes every 2 months being considered

124»

Comments

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've never and won't by a lockbox key, or open a lockbox; but that's me. That said, most of the evidence to date with regard to your "Most people" comment isn't the reality. if it were, we wouldn't see the Lockboxes continue to be rolled out. In almost every interview it's said STO make the MAJORITY of it's Zen sales due to players buying master keys and opening Lockboxes for the ships, gear and Lobi.
    ^^^
    Lockbox key sales are what's keeping STO profitable (the content is needed to give players a reason to want/use the Lockbox stuff, so it is a co-dependent situation.) But in the end, Lockboxes and Master Key sales are the bread and butter of STO monetization. So, the content will always be 'free' and will always be the main method to entice player to buy Master Keys for opening those boxes.

In the past I've dropped cash for keys, and opened boxes with them.

Never been disappointed because I've never expected to get the ship.

Actually been very pleasantly surprised a couple of times.

Point is, I do that because I like a flutter now and then, and because why not support cryptic from time to time.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well it would be nice if something good came from him.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas