test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, Babylon 5 quotes...

ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Ten Forward
Specifically, what are you favourite ones in terms of humour, emotion and 'oh s***!'?

If I listed all of mine, we'd be here until 2258, so I'll just pick a few off the top of my head.

Oh, and, SPOILERS!

Humour: This has to be the one from 'The Illusion of Truth', where a News Crew comes to record B5 as part of an 'impartial totally-not-BS-propaganda' piece. They're immediately thrown in the Brig.

Anyway, while the main reporter is in a cell having a nice civil conversation with Ivanova, Sheridan enters...

Reporter: Ah, Captain Sheridan! Finally, someone reasonable to talk to!

Ivanova: Why thank you! He's such a charmer.

Reporter (pointing at Ivanova): This... creature, threatened to grab me by the collar and throw me out an airlock if I didn't turn over a complete manifest of our equipment!

(Ivanova says something about unannounced cargo which I can't remember right now)

Sheridan: Commander... Did you threaten to take these man by the collar and throw him out an airlock?

Ivanova: Yes... Yes I did...

Sheridan: I'm shocked! Shocked and dismayed! I remind you that we are very short on supplies here! We can't afford to take perfectly good clothing and throw it out an airlock! Always take the jacket off first! I've told you this before!

(Sheridan turns to the Fox News correspondent)

I'm sorry. She meant to say 'stripped naked' and thrown out an airlock. I'm sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Emotion: Has to be Londo's monologue from 'In the Beginning', hands down. http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeNBJ5o-b7s

As for my favourite 'oh s***!' quote:

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw... or be destroyed.

Earth Force Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ships!

Delenn: Why not? Only one Human captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari Fleet. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

So, what are your favourite B5 quotes?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ivanova is God.

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited May 2014
    The Delenn comment has got to be the best "come at me bro" comment in the history of television. :cool:

Ivanova could have her own thread of fantastic quotes.

I]G'Kar observes a picture of Daffy Duck on Garibaldi's wall.[/I
    G'Kar: I was studying this image. Is it one of his household gods?
    Zack Allan: I]chuckles[/I That's Daf—Yeah, well, in a way I suppose it is. It's sort of the Egyptian god of frustration.
    G'Kar: Most appropriate!

--
    Londo Mollari: But this…this, this, this is like… being nibbled to death by, uh…Pah! What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet…go "quack".
    Vir Cotto: [hesitantly] Cats.
    Londo: Cats! I'm being nibbled to death by cats!

--
    [Londo demands that "Citizen" G'Kar be removed from further Council meetings. G'Kar rises to go.]
    G'Kar: No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.

--
    And wonderful, steel-spine-beneath-soft-flesh Vir Cotto. Gotta love him:

Morden: If restoring the Centauri Republic means nothing to you, what does? What do you want?
    Vir Cotto: I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would look up at your lifeless eyes and wave like this.
    I]He gives Morden a mockingly cheerful finger waggle.[/I
    Vir: Can you and your associates arrange this for me, Mr. Morden?
  • mm06360mm06360 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ivonova: No boom today. Boom Tomarrow.

Londo: Arrogance and Stupidity in one package, How efficient.

Marcus: A kind word and a 2x4 gets you a lot farther than a Kind word alone.

This Beautiful scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GOHqe0vokU

And this is Londo's moment of Awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYKloZRwLu4
    edited May 2014
    G'Kar: G'Quan wrote, "There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain."

Kosh: They are alone. They are a dying people. We should let them pass.
    Sinclair: Who, the Narn or the Centauri?
    Kosh: Yes.

Sheridan: You know, I just had a thought. You've been back and forth to your homeworld so many times since you got here -- how do I know you're the same Vorlon? Inside that encounter suit, you could be anyone.
    Kosh: I have always been here.
    Sheridan: Oh yeah? You said that about me, too.
    Kosh: Yes.
    Sheridan: I really hate it when you do that.
    Kosh: Good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    G'Kar: What do I want? The Centauri stripped my world. I want justice.
    Morden: But what do you want?
    G'Kar: To suck the marrow off their bones, and grind their skulls to powder.
    Morden: What do you want?
    G'Kar: To tear down their cities, blacken their sky, sow their ground with salt. To completely, utterly erase them.
    Morden: And then what?
    G'Kar: I don't know. As long as my home world's safety is guaranteed, I don't know that it matters.

Ivanova: And just one more thing. On your trip back, I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra: "Ivanova…is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova…is God. And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!" Babylon Control out. [sighs to herself] Civilians. [looks up] Just kidding about that God part. No offense.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited May 2014
    Garibaldi: What did the Vorlons do to you Lyta? Who...what are you?

Lyta: I've only recently begun to understand it myself. You know the Vorlons used telepaths as weapons during the Shadow War, but what no one stopped to consider is that, in a war, you have a certain number of small weapons, and a certain number of medium-sized weapons, and one or two big ones. The kind of weapons you drop when you are out of small weapons and the medium weapons, and you've got nothing left to use.

Garibaldi: Someone like that, would be the telepathic equivalent of a thermonuclear device...a doomsday weapon.

[Lyta faces Garibaldi and her eyes glow red, then blazing white]

Lyta: Pleased to meet you, Mr. Garibaldi.
  • t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    edited May 2014
    Love that speech from G'kar :D
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else."

Now I know what I'm doing with those Amazon.com gift certificates I got for Christmas. I'm buying Babylon 5.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited May 2014
  • firehawk4firehawk4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Londo Mollari: [singsong] Did I ever tell you that you are very cute for a Minbari? Even you are cute, in an annoying sort of way. Everybody’s cute! Everybody’s cute! Even me. But in purple… I’m stunning
    [collapses]
    Vir Cotto: Ahh, he has become one with his inner self.
    Michael Garibaldi: He's passed out.
    Vir Cotto: That too.

Susan Ivanova: [about the First Ones leaving] I'm not letting them leave here without saying yes.
    Marcus Cole: Really? But how do you propose stopping them - perhaps a big red-and-white sign with the word 'stop' on it? I'll put a bucket on my head and pretend to be the Vorlon god Boogee.
    Captain Susan Ivanova: That's it!
    Marcus Cole: Fine. I'll get a bucket.

[about the first ones]
    Susan Ivanova: At least it tells us they understand our language. They're just not willing to speak to us in it.
    Marcus Cole: Who knew they were French.

Zathras: But only Zathras have no one to talk to. No one manages poor Zathras, you see. So Zathras talks to dirt. Or to walls, or talks to ceilings. But dirt is closer. Dirt is used to everyone walking on it. Just like Zathras. But we have come to like it. It is our role. It is our destiny in the universe. So, you see, sometimes dirt has insects in it. And Zathras likes insects. Not so good for conversation, but much protein for diet. Hmmm, huh, huh, very good! - Zathras fix now. Come, this way.

Susan Ivanova: Another lesson?
    Captain John Sheridan: Uh-huh.
    Susan Ivanova: What was this one about?
    Captain John Sheridan: Uh... Beauty... In the dark...
    Susan Ivanova: Well... They must be working. You're beginning to sound just like a Vorlon.

[Garabaldi has reset the command codes and rebooted the computer]
    Cmdr. Susan Ivanova: God, I hate this part. I'm always afraid I've broken something.
    Michael Garabaldi: It'll be fine. I've done this before.
    [the computer restarts]
    Michael Garabaldi: Ah, Told ya. Computer
    [pause]
    Michael Garabaldi: Computer?
    Sparky the Computer: Hey, what do you want?
    Michael Garabaldi: Run diagnostics.
    Sparky the Computer: What, you got a broken arm or something? I got a station to run here!
    Cmdr. Susan Ivanova: Computer.
    Sparky the Computer: I know, do a diagnostic. So, maybe Level 42 doesn't get its quota of oxygen today because I'm distracted, but if it makes you happy!
    Michael Garabaldi: Stop!
    Cmdr. Susan Ivanova: Garabaldi?
    Michael Garabaldi: I just remembered, they tried to install Artificial Intelligence subroutines when the station went operational. They shut it down right away because it didn't work right. Must have come back on-line when the system re-booted.
    Cmdr. Susan Ivanova: Great! How do we shut it down?
    Sparky the Computer: I heard that! Are you two easily offended, or what?
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Get the hell out of our Galaxy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tj4qfe9afs
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      edited May 2014
      edited May 2014
      Marcus Cole: I spy with my little eye something beginning with "B."
      Dr. Stephen Franklin: Boxes.
      Marcus Cole: Right. I spy with my little eye something beginning with "M."
      Dr. Stephen Franklin: More boxes.
      Marcus Cole: Two in a row.
      Dr. Stephen Franklin: And that's when I shot him your honor.
      Marcus Cole: I spy with my little eye something beginning with "E."
      Dr. Stephen Franklin: I-I give up.
      Marcus Cole: Oh come on.
      Dr. Stephen Franklin: This better not be what I -
      Marcus Cole, Dr. Stephen Franklin: Even MORE boxes!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • murfy27murfy27 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no Shadows fall.
    • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
      edited May 2014
      Sheridan (looking at his naked wife's chest): "It seems to be cold in here."
      edited May 2014
      I always loved the poetry in the speech to Sheridan by Elric the technomage:

Elric: We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.
      John Sheridan: Such as?
      Elric: The true secrets, the important things. Fourteen words to make someone fall in love with you forever. Seven words to make them go without pain. How to say good-bye to a friend who is dying. How to be poor. How to be rich. How to rediscover dreams when the world has stolen them. That is why we are going away—to preserve that knowledge.

--
      Londo: Something my father said. He was old, very old at the time. I went into his room, and he was sitting alone in the dark, crying. So I asked him what was wrong, and he said, "My shoes are too tight, but it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance." I never understood what that meant until now. My shoes are too tight, and I have forgotten how to dance.

--
      [Londo vents his frustrations over trying to understand humans to Delenn and Draal.]
      Londo: These Earthers! I try to find out as much as I can about them to try to make some sense of them, but it never seems to come together.
      Delenn: They do seem to be a mass of contradictions.
      Londo: Exactly my point! Here–six thousand years of recorded history, a history that includes remarkable composers, astonishing symphonies! But what is the one song that half of them sing to their children generation after generation?
      You put your right hand in,
      You put your right hand out.
      You put your whole self in,
      And you turn yourself about.
      You do the hokey-pokey,
      You give a little shout.
      That's what it's all about!
      It doesn't mean anything! I have been studying it for seven days! I had the computer analyze it! I swear to you, it does not mean a thing!
      Delenn: We've come at a bad time, haven't we?
    • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      Sheridan (looking at his naked wife's chest): "It seems to be cold in here."

I know which episode you mean... that wasn't Sheridan's wife.

That was a civilian 'advisor' EarthGov sent to 'help' him make decisions. S3E5 'Voices of Authority'.
      edited May 2014
      ryan218 wrote: »
      I know which episode you mean... that wasn't Sheridan's wife.

That was a civilian 'advisor' EarthGov sent to 'help' him make decisions. S3E5 'Voices of Authority'.

I sit corrected. Thank you.

And I think it was Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Boxleitner's wife. But I might be wrong about this too.
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      edited May 2014
      I sit corrected. Thank you.

And I think it was Melissa Gilbert, Bruce Boxleitner's wife. But I might be wrong about this too.

http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Julie_Musante

that is that particular character's bio
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
        edited May 2014
        Lennier: There's no alcohol in here, is there?
        Londo Mollari: Alcohol? No, of course not. Here, drink up.
        Lennier: Because my people do not react well at all to alcohol. Even a small quantity causes psychotic impulses and violent, homicidal rages.
        [Londo stops him from drinking]
        Londo Mollari: Ahh ahh ahh... my mistake. *Alcohol*...

Zathras: No, that was not Zathras, that was Zathras. There are ten of us, all of family Zathras, each one named Zathras. Slight differences in how you pronounce. Zathras, Zathras, Zathras.. You are seeing now?
        Susan Ivanova: There are ten of you?
        Zathras: Yes! Well, nine now.
        Susan Ivanova: And Zathras?
        Zathras: Zathras gone! Zathras warned Zathras, but Zathras never listened to Zathras. Zathras was quiet one in family. SO! What can Zathras be doing for you?

Lord Refa: Oh Londo, you are a fool. You walked away from the greatest power I have ever seen. Now you expect me to do the same? They are the key to my eventual rise to the throne! Why would I abandon them?
        Londo Mollari: Because I have asked you. Because your loyalty to our people should be greater than your ambition. And because I have poisoned your drink.

Londo Mollari: Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

And this wonderful quote by Jeffrey Sinclair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkj2lR9CT08
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Sheridan: I apologize. I'm…sorry. [sighs] I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! [pauses] As with everything else, it's the thought that counts.
        edited May 2014
        http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Julie_Musante

that is that particular character's bio

Makes one wonder what she was looking at to make her react like that (see the pic at the URL you posted). Hopefully there's one where she looks less robotic and more human. Thank goodness, there is. I just had to google her name and look for images.

The link for the pic from her scene with Sheridan: http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/wiki/files/66/B5_Julie_Musante.jpg
      • northstardc4mnorthstardc4m Member Posts: 26 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Oh my favorite...

Morden: So what do you gonna do, Molari, heh? Blow up the island?
        Londo: Actually, now that you mention it *holds up device*
        Morden: NOOOO!!!
        *click*
        *explosions blow up the island*
      • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Makes one wonder what she was looking at to make her react like that (see the pic at the URL you posted). Hopefully there's one where she looks less robotic and more human. Thank goodness, there is. I just had to google her name and look for images.

The link for the pic from her scene with Sheridan: http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/wiki/files/66/B5_Julie_Musante.jpg

Given the non-youth friendly movies she's done over the years they could've just held up a picture from one of those behind the camera. I'm pretty sure the result would've been such a frozen look on her face.
      • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        My favourite...

Zathras: "Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs. Very sad life... probably have very sad death, but at least there is symmetry."

But I did always like this one, from Thirdspace...

Delenn: John, whenever something comes into our proximity that has to do with the unknown, your eyes light up like two tiny suns. And do you know what words these two tiny lights spell out?
        Sheridan: What?
        Delenn: Mine! Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine!
        Sheridan: Oh, now that is a lie!
        Delenn: Minbari do not lie.
        Sheridan: Well then it is slander.
        Delenn: To be slander, it must be false. That's two down.
        Sheridan: Well then it's damned inconvenient.
        Delenn: The truth always is.
        "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
        Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        This my my favorite scene in the whole series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR7n4Gg-_ac
      • chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Most of the good ones have been posted. All i can say is i LOVE this show. BEST scifi ever.
      • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
        edited May 2014
        Garibaldi has some good ones i chuckled to

Dr. Stephen Franklin: Michael, you ever consider climbing out of the barracks sometime and looking around at the world, huh?
        Michael Garibaldi: Yeah, I will. When people stop shooting at me.

Michael Garibaldi: Let me get this straight. You two are missionaries?
        Drazi: Yes. Great Sign. We hear you have recent visitation by Drazi higher being.
        Michael Garibaldi: Yeah, yeah. Drabonka.
        Drazi: Droshalla.
        Michael Garibaldi: Whatever.
        Drazi: Appeared in garden, we hear. Droshalla lights the way.

Michael Garibaldi: Zach, do me a favor and explain the missionary ...eh... position to these folks.

Mary Ann Cramer: When is the commander due back?
        Michael Garibaldi: Soon.
        Mary Ann Cramer: How soon is "soon"?
        Michael Garibaldi: Longer than a little while, faster than later. He took out a fighter...

Supervisor: I'm telling you, it's like he just vanished into thin air.
        Michael Garibaldi: "Thin air." Why is it always "thin air"? Never fat air, chubby air, mostly-fit-could-stand-to-lose-a-few-pounds air.
        Supervisor: I'm sorry, Sir, that's not my department.
        T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
        Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.