test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dilithium Weekend Event Is Now Live!

Comments

• ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2014
    only mining is doubled, everything else is 50%.

which is still good ;)
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    During the event, bonus Dilithium Ore will be provided for the following content:

Vlugta Asteroid Field:
    100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions
    100% Bonus to all Rich Dilithium Claims
    Fleet Dilithium Mine:
    100% Bonus Dilithium Ore for Daily Mining Missions
    Everywhere else in the game: (including turning in Marks/Neural Processors/Cybernetic Implants, etc.)
    50% Bonus Dilithium Ore

/10characters
    w8xekp.jpg
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is great news. I moved my Romulan to my usual Dil grinding area. She really needs it for some Romulan Rep gear. So she will be my main focus on playing this weekend. My other Fed and KDF really don't need it at this time. As they need Rep points.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Rewards for running the great Spotlight Foundry "Forget Me Not," coupled with "Investigate Officer Reports [repeatable]":

3952 + 1440 = 5392 dilithium
    21,800 ECs
    1984 + 1732 = 3716 expertise

I didn't have to fire a gun or a photon. I just had to read an interesting story and solve some puzzles.

Thank you Cryptic. This is a fun way to save up for a new ship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Meh...

Not a big deal...

I mean it's not like the daily refining cap is getting increased right? I have a lot of dilithium for both my toons that are waiting to be processed. This bonus event only means my stockpile of dilithium ore will go up, but I will still only be able to refine 8,000 ore to crystals per day...

... I am missing something here?

Some of us are lucky to see these numbers. I'm lucky to see a cap reached on my playing time. Since I'm lucky to get 2 hours of playing per weekend. So me reaching the cap is rare in my playing time. Last time we had this I had enough to cap refine for a couple of days. So to me it was very welcomed. Also last time I bought some gear from the Dil store. This time same thing as well.

edited May 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Yeah, that is the rub.

I'd be marginally happier if this is a hard bi-monthly thing.

As things stand, these events are not on any schedule.....seemingly popping up when the devs need to throw us a bone.

I'd much prefer being able to plan ahead....

.....but even bimonthly, this is still a pitiful replacement for the daily events.

And where's my mark weekend?

It was planned out. I saw it on the calendar for at least a week, if not more. So I went and moved my Romulan who really needs the Dil to my usual Dil grinding area. Which has been sitting there at since last weekend. Due to I only play on weekends. There was plenty of time to plan it out.

I hate the hourly events. Most of the time they was during when I wasn't on. So I was lucky to get to do one. Most of the time it was a wasted since, I'm sure many others wasn't getting a chance. At least with this you have all weekend plus a few days in the week to make good of it.

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    You actually have a cap of 8,500 if you have a tier 3 mine and do the 5 sec doff mission.

However all this event will do will get me to reach the cap quicker

Not really interested in joining a fleet so I will be stuck at refining 8k per day...

At least until I hit the 800 / 1000 day mark, or whatever, to get the Doff mission for a little higher cap.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Not really interested in joining a fleet so I will be stuck at refining 8k per day...

At least until I hit the 800 / 1000 day mark, or whatever, to get the Doff mission for a little higher cap.

My fleet isn't really interested in recruiting either, so it sounds like you would be a good fit :rolleyes:
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Rewards for running the great Spotlight Foundry "Forget Me Not," coupled with "Investigate Officer Reports [repeatable]":

21,800 ECs

I didn't have to fire a gun or a photon. I just had to read an interesting story and solve some puzzles.

Not bad. :cool:
  • admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Double refining limits for this weekend would have been nice too :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014

21,800 ECs

This^^^

I'm going to basically be grinding "The Sword of the Kuvah'Magh" tomorrow. As if I needed more reason to play it (beyond "it's f*cking hilarious")...

Bringing back the Officer Reports mission and keeping the Foundry up is truly fantastic. Thank you for your commitment to player-created content and creativity, Cryptic!

Also, I'm grinding for rep gear on multiple toons. This is just perfect timing. Now I can get my dil needs from fun, stimulating missions instead of STF spacebar mash.

Well done, Cryptic!
  • emarosa26emarosa26 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It would be pretty cool if they lifted the dil cap during these events. Maybe just a 25% boost? Think of it this way: More dil on the market = diluted dilithium worth, which means people would get more out of their money from converting Zen.

But regardless, it's still cool that I won't have to do as much work in the future in order to reach cap.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Double refining limits for this weekend would have been nice too :D

That would be nice wouldn't it? :rolleyes:
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    so who is going to turn in their proc/inj and marks? I've been saving for a long time since i always had other ways to reach the cap but now, i see this as the perfect opportunity to turn all of that stuff in. What do you think?

Getting 1500 for 3 BNPs instead of 1000 for 5 some time ago :)
    edited May 2014
    90 Dil per point capture at the Sphere BZ on a bonus Dil Weekend. That's a bug, right? Two for beam out!

Yeah, sounds like a bug.

If you're Fed, though, just nip over to the Regulus sector, select the missions "Investigate Officer Reports" and "The Sword of the Kuvah'Magh", and play the the latter.

Two runs netted me my 8k for the day. :cool:

Plus, it's a wicked fun mission.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    90 Dil per point capture at the Sphere BZ on a bonus Dil Weekend. That's a bug, right? Two for beam out!

Shouldn't be a bug; the points normally reward 60 dilithium. 50% of that would be 30, so 90 dilithium sounds right to me.

Let's see if I can hit 1 million dilithium ore in this weekend.
    edited May 2014
    ceekayzero wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a bug; the points normally reward 60 dilithium. 50% of that would be 30, so 90 dilithium sounds right to me.

Let's see if I can hit 1 million dilithium ore in this weekend.

Ooooh, capture points, not rex kills.

*headdesk*

Dunce cap for me...
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am not in any fleets either. So you have to be in a fleet to gain more? Last night taken down the bio-large dino well a few us did normally I would get 480d I only got 720d. So I didn't get 960d. What do you have to mine to get more. But taking down couple of large bio-dino or the undeem battle at the sphere only earn 60d but with the extra 30d gives me 90d. If I do it just right I can bring back 10x 90d.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
    edited May 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »
    I am not in any fleets either. So you have to be in a fleet to gain more? Last night taken down the bio-large dino well a few us did normally I would get 480d I only got 720d. So I didn't get 960d. What do you have to mine to get more. But taking down couple of large bio-dino or the undeem battle at the sphere only earn 60d but with the extra 30d gives me 90d. If I do it just right I can bring back 10x 90d.

1. All rewards OTHER than mining missions give only 50% more dil during this weekend, no catch or questions asked.

2. To mine, you can either take the daily mission from Farek at the dil mining outpost in Beta Ursae, or your fleet daily missions, or use a lockbox dil mining ticket. These missions give double dil during the weekend.
    edited May 2014
    Now playing the Purity series. I'm raking in the dil from the Foundry rewards and the officer reports mission. And it's one hell of an awesome mission.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    coolheadal wrote: »

Being in a fleet, or more specifically a fleet with a devloped mine, allows you to refine a little more dilithium a day.

It doesnt affect rewards.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Now playing the Purity series. I'm raking in the dil from the Foundry rewards and the officer reports mission. And it's one hell of an awesome mission.

Thanks for playing the series. The authors put a lot of work into those missions. If there is one part that you like, please do a custom search for other missions by that author.

Every one of those authors are great, and their missions can't be found in the awful UI search tool. There is a ton of content out there if you know who to search for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for playing the series. The authors put a lot of work into those missions. If there is one part that you like, please do a custom search for other missions by that author.

Every one of those authors are great, and their missions can't be found in the awful UI search tool. There is a ton of content out there if you know who to search for.

I play a lot of the Foundry, actually. I've done 3 or 4 of yours, a bunch by RogueEnterprise (my personal fave), contactpsi's really nice 4-parter, and that f*cking awesome one "Sword of the Kuvah'Magh" more times than I can count. Plus "General Rebellion" a dozen times, "The Fire in which we Burn" and its sequels, and that really long series that I kept doing out of order with the Ask'aar and the creepy parasites.

Also, doing the Purity series and the follow-up (the new starting point for which is in Club 47, oddly enough) netted me 25k dil today.

SWEET.
  • dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I used to be a steady miner, when I was a lockbox addict (thank god I am over that phase), with my 16 characters, so I am used to doing it, but I haven't mined since the last Event....

Did they change the yield since the last event? Does it take longer to pull? Or is the modifier going up slower?

I ask because I am failing to get a full-pull now at least 25% of the time (based on 20 missions since yesterday), so far it's a little worse today.

I don't appear to be lagged, everything seems to be running smoothly, and I seem to be able to line it up quick enough, it just seems like the score is very slow to raise.

Been lucky so far with my Rich claims. But I am a bit annoyed at my failure to consistently hit 775
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmmm, is it just me, or is mining suddenly harder?

I rarely missed hitting the max dilithium on a mining spot, now I seem to be missing it much more and scoring some oddly low scores. If I missed, it was usually only just...

Could it be that the mining markers are rotating more often just for this weekend event, in order to cut down on those doubling-up rewards?
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    50% bonus dilithium on ALL content till Monday

Turn in your extra marks/BNPs/implants

Turn in your contraband

Spam the Voth ground battlezone

Run those STF's

Get it while the goings profitable!!

P.S. - if you have lots extra there are some big fleet projects that I could have you contribute to:D:):P

ill bite

who are you and where is Trendy
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There is no Trendy, only Zuul.
    w8xekp.jpg
    edited May 2014
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    Hmmm, is it just me, or is mining suddenly harder?

I rarely missed hitting the max dilithium on a mining spot, now I seem to be missing it much more and scoring some oddly low scores. If I missed, it was usually only just...

Could it be that the mining markers are rotating more often just for this weekend event, in order to cut down on those doubling-up rewards?

Its been like this since start of Season 9. Cause I can barely hit the max now. Where before it was rare I didn't. I guess they made it harder for us to max it out each time.

• ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Mining is still super easy to get the max. I've noticed no difference on it all so I don't think anything has changed.

A nice bit of dil and traces if you need it.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.