Dilithium Weekend Event Is Now Live!

spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
50% bonus dilithium on ALL content till Monday

Turn in your extra marks/BNPs/implants

Turn in your contraband

Spam the Voth ground battlezone

Run those STF's

Get it while the goings profitable!!

P.S. - if you have lots extra there are some big fleet projects that I could have you contribute to:D:):P
Post edited by spacebaronline on

Comments

• centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    About damn time. :P
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    "Commence the grind, it will!"

- GrindMaster Yoda

:P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    About damn time. :P

It could be the last one before the end of summer - best make the most of it!!:D:):P
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why yes, yes it is! But...I can't be bothered :)
  • adorenkoadorenko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    50% bonus dilithium on ALL content till Monday

Turn in your extra marks/BNPs/implants

Turn in your contraband

Spam the Voth ground battlezone

Run those STF's

Get it while the goings profitable!!

P.S. - if you have lots extra there are some big fleet projects that I could have you contribute to:D:):P

I don't think this applies to everywhere you accum. Dil. just mining, fleet mining and mining claims.

Edit: sorry 50% everywhere and 100% for mining
    Looking for more info on Dilithium Rising? Click on the link below:

[SIGPIC]Click here to visit my STO YouTube channel[/SIGPIC]
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Our new Dilithium event is now live! We are now running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! This event runs from May 1st until Monday, May 5th, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

For more information on how to get bonus ore, check here.

Enjoy, Captains!

~LaughingTrendy
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    6152 dilithium for playing a Foundry spotlight with the IOR (repeatable).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    I wish I could stand foundry missions does anyone know of one that can be done in like 5 min or just all space battles?

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh...

Not a big deal...

I mean it's not like the daily refining cap is getting increased right? I have a lot of dilithium for both my toons that are waiting to be processed. This bonus event only means my stockpile of dilithium ore will go up, but I will still only be able to refine 8,000 ore to crystals per day...

... I am missing something here?
    edited May 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Meh...

Not a big deal...

I mean it's not like the daily refining cap is getting increased right? I have a lot of dilithium for both my toons that are waiting to be processed. This bonus event only means my stockpile of dilithium ore will go up, but I will still only be able to refine 8,000 ore to crystals per day...

Most people don't make that 8k each day. I don't, I avg about 10k per day across all of my characters. I just don't have the time.

edited May 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    I wish I could stand foundry missions does anyone know of one that can be done in like 5 min or just all space battles?

Vulture Wheel

A KDF Foundry mission. One space battle against a single Hirogen ship and you have allies so it will be a quick battle. Beam down to planet surface for the short story. There's a optional ground combat instance that can be completely ignored. A speed run for me takes 8 minutes. About 3 or 4 minutes is due to simply waiting for things to load.

Space -> Planet daytime -> Planet nighttime -> final scene

Standard reward is 1,440 dil since it is a Spotlight mission.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Vulture Wheel

A KDF Foundry mission. One space battle against a single Hirogen ship and you have allies so it will be a quick battle. Beam down to planet surface for the short story. There's a optional ground combat instance that can be completely ignored. A speed run for me takes 8 minutes. About 3 or 4 minutes is due to simply waiting for things to load.

Space -> Planet daytime -> Planet nighttime -> final scene

Standard reward is 1,440 dil since it is a Spotlight mission.

Couple this with the "investigate Officer Reports" and it's probably close to 4000 dilithium for each character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    adorenko wrote: »
    Most people don't make that 8k each day. I don't, I avg about 10k per day across all of my characters. I just don't have the time.

How many characters are you talking about? Which factions and how much time on average do you try to devote per character per day?
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh...

Not a big deal...

I just ran out of my surplus from the last weekend on my fed yesterday. My klingon had 2 more days. My romulan is new and broke :)

Perfect timing sto!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Looks good. I'm so definitely taking advantage of this to build up a stockpile on all characters.
    edited May 2014
    I have a Fed and KDF toon. It is easier to earn dilithium with a KDF toon vs Fed toon. If I really focus on it I can make around 7,850 dil with my KDF toon in one hour.

I listed various ways of how I earn dilithium in the following thread. Even though I have been max level for over 2 months I have not progressed much beyond the Wasteland story arc so I am positive there are plenty more ways of getting dilithium, but I generally only know of the ones that I have accidentally stumbled upon or found out as a result of the main story missions. For example, I did not list the Deferi missions for earning dilithium since I technically have not come across them yet in the main story line.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1102231

The speed run that I use for my KDF toon is as follows from one of my posts in the above link.
    1. Select the "Investigate Officer's Report" repeatable daily missions (30 minute cool down when you accept the mission). Select the Vulture Wheel Foundry mission. Estimated play time 8 minutes. Dilithium payout 960 + 1,440 = 2,400

2. Go to Nimbus III and do the 3 daily missions given by an NPC in the bar. Total time should by 15 minutes, maybe 20 minutes at worst. I typically get a total of 1,540 dil because I never killed more than 39 creatures within the time limit.

3. Go do the Asteroid Mining daily mission which probably takes 9 or 10 minutes to complete. Dilthium reward ranges between 400 - 1,000 depending on how well you do in the mini-game. I can typically get 920 dil.

4. By now the "Investigate Officer's Report" daily repeatable should be available again. The 30 minute cool down starts when you accept the mission. Select Vulture Wheel again. After about 8 minutes you will get 960 dilithium. Remember there is a 20 hour cool down timer for the Spotlight Foundry award.

Total play time excluding traveling time is about 41 minutes. With traveling time it should be less than 60 minutes. Total dilithium payout (at least for me) is 5,820.

If you have 5 contraband, then go to the Klingon station in the same sector where Vulture Wheel takes place. I forgot the name of the system it is located but is located to the right near the bottom, next to the border of the sector where Qo'nos is. Do the Doff mission to turn in the contraband. The reward is 2,000 dilithium, but you need to wait 4 hours.

That is a total of 7,820 dilithium in about 60 minutes or less of playing time. That excludes any other Doff missions that I have been running from the last time I logged in.

By searching for "Deport Colonists" or "Forced Labor" Doff mission you can get another 500 dil which pushes you over the 8k mark. That's assuming you have at least 5 colonists or at least 4 prisoners. "Deport Colonists" never fails. However, "Forced Labor" can fail.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We gave up daily events for this? Bi monthly events? Why cashing in the daily bonus marks and 11 neurels I got running content every day amounted to far more dil over a monthly basis than this one weekend sugar rush.
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh...

Not a big deal...

Sort of.

All you say is totally right if, IF, you only have a couple of toons.

However, getting your 8k a day on more than two or three is serious playtime.

And, once you get to six, seven or, in my case, twelve it's a full time job.

Thus, from my pov, this is a useful injection of dilithium.

Furthermore, these sort of events are mana from heaven for small fleets.

When there aren't many of you putting your 8k daily towards things, then things go slow.

I can leverage my mighty horde of toons to put serious coin in fleet projects.

So, not a total miss.....just that not all the targets are in the same place.
    edited May 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    We gave up daily events for this? Bi monthly events? Why cashing in the daily bonus marks and 11 neurels I got running content every day amounted to far more dil over a monthly basis than this one weekend sugar rush.

Yeah, that is the rub.

I'd be marginally happier if this is a hard bi-monthly thing.

As things stand, these events are not on any schedule.....seemingly popping up when the devs need to throw us a bone.

I'd much prefer being able to plan ahead....

.....but even bimonthly, this is still a pitiful replacement for the daily events.

And where's my mark weekend?
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Our new Dilithium event is now live! We are now running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game! This event runs from May 1st until Monday, May 5th, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

For more information on how to get bonus ore, check here.

Enjoy, Captains!

~LaughingTrendy

Kewls, clap clap clap. Dilithium Bonus weekend, CHEERS. But on the other hand you, as in Cryptic, is TRIBBLE us with the removal of the Dilithium reward at the end of the Undine Space Battle Ground. 1680 Dilithium Reward against a 180 Dilithium Reward is quiet a big difference. Not much to celebrate for it.
    edited May 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Sort of.

All you say is totally right if, IF, you only have a couple of toons.

However, getting your 8k a day on more than two or three is serious playtime.

And, once you get to six, seven or, in my case, twelve it's a full time job.

Thus, from my pov, this is a useful injection of dilithium.

Yeah... I like playing STO but not to the point of having a lot of active toons running around at once.

See post #17 on page 2 which I outline a way to earn 5,820 dilithium within one hour for a KDF or KDF aligned Romulan toon. That is excluding Doff missions. Turning in contraband will get you 2,000 dil mission completes after 4 hours and 500 dilithium from "Forced Labor" missions assuming your prisoners do not escape. Mission takes 8 hours to complete.

I do this speed run about every other day in the exact same sequence, other times I simply mix it by doing other dil related missions or searching around for Doff missions. When I am not doing a speed run I believe I hit the 8k cap in about 2 hours for my KDF toon.

================================

EDIT:

However, if you have 8+ toons, then yeah playing STO is your full time job since you would need to do the one hour speed run for each toon and is only applicable to KDF / KDF-aligned toons.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Meh...

Not a big deal...

You actually have a cap of 8,500 if you have a tier 3 mine and do the 5 sec doff mission.

However all this event will do will get me to reach the cap quicker
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    robeasom wrote: »
    You actually have a cap of 8,500 if you have a tier 3 mine and do the 5 sec doff mission.

However all this event will do will get me to reach the cap quicker

Plus a bit more if you're a subscriber of so many days or an LTS, via the doff contact at the academy.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Yeah, that is the rub.

I'd be marginally happier if this is a hard bi-monthly thing.

As things stand, these events are not on any schedule.....seemingly popping up when the devs need to throw us a bone.

I'd much prefer being able to plan ahead....

.....but even bimonthly, this is still a pitiful replacement for the daily events.

And where's my mark weekend?

What really sucks is these were billed as "weekly events". They aren't even monthly events. If cryptic wants to continue to curb resource accumulation I wish they would just treat us with respect and do a straight up nerf. This whole selling it as a "great benefitf" just insults our intelligence.
  • xbalankexbalanke Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can we please get some bulk projects for converting rep marks and items like BNPs and implants into dil.. a project that accepts 500 or 1000 marks and 30 or 60 BNPs/Implants would be nice..

at 50 marks per project with a 15 sec runtime it takes an hour to convert 10k, just for one rep.. I did some quick math and i will have to spend something like 16 hours in the next few days, just to convert the surplus marks and BNPs/implants on my 7 chars...

While I enjoy the bonus, i wish it wasn't so painful... I probably won't even have a chance to actually play.. just press some buttons and drag some sliders on the rep screen all weekend.. :(
  • evilmarscaponeevilmarscapone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xbalanke wrote: »
    Can we please get some bulk projects for converting rep marks and items like BNPs and implants into dil.. a project that accepts 500 or 1000 marks and 30 or 60 BNPs/Implants would be nice..

This is definitely something I'd like to request as well. I had a couple thousand BNPs, around a thousand Voth Implants, plus around 15k marks between those two. Sitting around for a day to convert them into dilithium has turned the game into a job.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can cheese truly be evil?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    xbalanke wrote: »

at 50 marks per project with a 15 sec runtime it takes an hour to convert 10k, just for one rep.. I did some quick math and i will have to spend something like 16 hours in the next few days, just to convert the surplus marks and BNPs/implants on my 7 chars...

While I enjoy the bonus, i wish it wasn't so painful... I probably won't even have a chance to actually play.. just press some buttons and drag some sliders on the rep screen all weekend.. :(

Are you saying converting is time-gated? You mean like everything else in the game. Good Lord, even equipping a tribble is on cd for 15 seconds.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • therealgurutherealguru Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Dilithium double ??? really ?
    Can I ask who make the calculation of that in the dev team ?

I just ran Defense contract in Eta Eridani : Reward 720 dil.
    The normal reward is 480 Dil. double would be 960. Instead it's 50% gain

Same for Lore of The Empire, received 720.

or the double is only for the mine ?
    My Dm videos - My Yt channel

My Wordpress Blog - Blogger

In Space, drinking or piloting, you must choose ! If you drink, put on the autopilot ;)
This discussion has been closed.