test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Original STO ESD

lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Ten Forward
Seems the original STO Earth Space Dock has made a return! See for yourself!
I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Post edited by lindaleff on

Comments

• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think that's now Starfleet command or something. Makes sense since it seems to be geostationary over San Francisco.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Seems the original STO Earth Space Dock has made a return! See for yourself!

That's not the Original ESD.
    daan2006 wrote: »

That's the Original ESD. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That's not the Original ESD.

That's the Original ESD. :rolleyes:

That's just a weather balloon over some swamp gas that was illuminated by ball lightning.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    That's just a weather balloon over some swamp gas that was illuminated by ball lightning.

Now if I could just get you to look at this silver pen like object while I put on sun glasses it will all be made clear.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2014
    That's the Utopia Planitia Station, repurposed as the core station for San Francisco Fleetyards.

I wanted SF Fleetyards to have some kind of central station, rather than just a bunch of drydocks, and we had that, which is used at the other big Starfleet Shipyards, so I figured it was appropriate here.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tacofangs wrote: »
    That's the Utopia Planitia Station, repurposed as the core station for San Francisco Fleetyards.

I wanted SF Fleetyards to have some kind of central station, rather than just a bunch of drydocks, and we had that, which is used at the other big Starfleet Shipyards, so I figured it was appropriate here.

It's not like we can really visit the Utopia Planitia Station anyway. :V
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014

Thanks Taco.. I've been trying to figure out what that was all week
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so that thing in the pic is REAL? facepalm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    admiralcarteradmiralcarter Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Fair enough. They had some kind of office in "The Motion Picture" too, kinda like an upside down Regula Type Starbase. It makes sense to have a new station for the shipyards there.

I really like your passion for such details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Star Trek Online Intro HD [3rd Fleet Anniversary]

• Options
    edited April 2014

How long did it take for them to tractor beam it from Mars?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Why tractor... Shield bubble DS9 Style. Thusters on full and off they go...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Thank you! I know I asked for it to be added but didn't know that it would be done that quickly on the Tribble S9 schedule.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would love to see the original STO ESD back in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Why is it called the San Francisco Fleetyards, anyway? They're located in space, not in San Francisco.

It's like calling Earth Spacedock... erm... Azores Spacedock? Since it's located in a geosynchronous orbit close to the Azores.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why is it called the San Francisco Fleetyards, anyway? They're located in space, not in San Francisco.

It's like calling Earth Spacedock... erm... Azores Spacedock? Since it's located in a geosynchronous orbit close to the Azores.

Maybe its right above san Francisco or maybe its parts and production stuff came mostly from san Francisco.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    And why does the Regent-class starship, the USS Leviathan have the NCC registry of 73966 when the USS Regent has an NCC registry of 97310?

It was constructed way before the prototype? :confused:

And the Sao Paulo-class starship, the USS Indefatigable has an NCC registry of 92035 when the USS Sao Paulo has an NCC registry of 93276? It was also built before the starship class was built? :confused:
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    I would love to see the original STO ESD back in the game.

I would rather not.

You just answered your own question.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would rather not.

You just answered your own question.

But it's not called Azores Spacedock. :P
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And why does the Regent-class starship, the USS Leviathan have the NCC registry of 73966 when the USS Regent has an NCC registry of 97310?

And the Sao Paulo-class starship, the USS Indefatigable has an NCC registry of 92035 when the USS Sao Paulo has an NCC registry of 93276? It was also built before the starship class was built? :confused:
    ^ add to those the U.S.S. Hawking, which has a registry of NCC-93209, and is a Gladius-class... another 2409 starship class. The U.S.S. Gladius itself has a registry number of NCC-97200.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    ^ add to those the U.S.S. Hawking, which has a registry of NCC-93209, and is a Gladius-class... another 2409 starship class. The U.S.S. Gladius itself has a registry number of NCC-97200.

Math is hard.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would rather not.

You have to admit: it would make a nice civilian / non-fed Trading station.

Everything not human in Star Trek has to be ugly as sin.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    You have to admit: it would make a nice civilian / non-fed Trading station.

Everything not human in Star Trek has to be ugly as sin.

I know plenty of ugly humans too.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I know plenty of ugly humans too.

This comment does not invalidate my point.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are times when I would very much like to visit Utopia Planitia. Somehow, once a year does not seem adequate for the station were so many historical Starfleet ships have been launched.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I remember when they said: The full Sol System will be available and you can visit all planets :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But it's not called Azores Spacedock. :P

Perhaps there is some kind of massive tractor tether in San Fran that keeps the station in place?
    Or maybe the original shipyard was in/near SF and that the orbital part was added later, possibly with the earth bound facilities still down there as well?
    I need a beer.

• Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2014

The earlier number is possibly a grandfathered-in number because a previous ship of the same name had that number. It's somewhat like how the Enterprise-F has the number 1701, only in the Leviathan's case they left out the appended letter (-A, -B, etc.)
    Fair enough. They had some kind of office in "The Motion Picture" too, kinda like an upside down Regula Type Starbase. It makes sense to have a new station for the shipyards there.

I really like your passion for such details.

Well technically it's the other way around--they took the office complex from TMP and flipped it upside down to use as the Regula-1 model.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I remember when they said: The full Sol System will be available and you can visit all planets :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to that...

If there's no mission content / adventure zone that can be made out of it, PWE won't invest in it.

Same goes for revamping Andoria/Vulcan or more ship interior bundles.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.