test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exchange won't post items

nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So other than the fact that the exchange is simply ridiculously slow, I'm having a problem now where I can't post items for sale. It will show them for sale on the sell tab, but I can't find them on the buy tab. Specifically this is effecting my ability to sell contraband for this weekend. Any contraband that I post simply never shows up in the search engine and I've waited hours now to see if it was just exchange lag. Can we fix this Cryptic? The exchange is kind of important to this game and it being broken is a no-go.
Post edited by nlindgren57 on

Comments

• deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    1. It's affect, not effect
    2. you don't see what you posted on the exchange in the buy tab, try checking the other tab to see what you're actually selling
    3. It takes a minute or 2. Yes, it's slow but it is there.
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes there is a large lag time now with season 9. Over the last week some of my items have taken up to 6 hours to actually appear in the search results. If it's there on the sell tab then it's available for others to buy and there's nothing else you can do except wait.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Travis,
    My contraband shows on my sell tab, but doesn't show in the buy search. I've literally waited hours and none of the items have shown up in the buy search after posting them. So far this only affects the sale of contraband for me. I've still posted and sold BOFFs and DOFFs, but no contraband I post will show up the buy search. I know about the lag since S9 launched, I don't know why it exists but I am aware it does.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    odd, they all should post around the same time... regardless of what you're posting
  • ridddickxxxridddickxxx Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So other than the fact that the exchange is simply ridiculously slow, I'm having a problem now where I can't post items for sale. It will show them for sale on the sell tab, but I can't find them on the buy tab. Specifically this is effecting my ability to sell contraband for this weekend. Any contraband that I post simply never shows up in the search engine and I've waited hours now to see if it was just exchange lag. Can we fix this Cryptic? The exchange is kind of important to this game and it being broken is a no-go.

It will be under commodities sub section, but the problem is when you sell new kits, or rewards like 25.000 fleet marks bonus or 500 rep bonus etc which dont have their own sub section on exchange, and you can only search them with 'All' option.
    I have couple of item, and cant even see them with my other char, and even they are the cheapest on the exchange nobody buys them, probably because they cant see them either.
    2nhfgxf.jpg
  • rondelicarondelica Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have these problems too atm!
  • fuglassfuglass Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah me too,
    I waited 2 days and nothing I have posted in the past week is showing on the Exchange. I've tried switching toons to see if I could see them, even tried posting them under another toon but no luck.
    I believe I'll turn in a support ticket just in case. I'll post back here in a month or so when they get back to me.
  • nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This wasn't fixed with today's patch, which sucks because I have over a thousand units of contraband but can't post them for sale. If I do they show up if you search contra in the commodities tab, but they won't show up in the search all tab.
  • turbosmiglowiecturbosmiglowiec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have the same problem, only my doffs showing on the serch list Exchange. :D
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well exchange posts extremely slow but ultimately it mostly posts after some while.