Options

I found Branflakes!

jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Ten Forward

Comments

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Glad to see he is doing what he loves. Although missed, I'm glad he's happy :)
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jmaster29 wrote: »

No we should all go get accounts and stalk him..... I mean... Keep in touch....yeah...that's the ticket...
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That looks like one stupid game he's working for...
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Maybe Geko can head over there...

http://www.firefallthegame.com/creatures/brontodon

...get them to give that some laser beams!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe Geko can head over there...

http://www.firefallthegame.com/creatures/brontodon

...get them to give that some laser beams!

I like Geko right where he is, despite my criticism of some of his decisions. He's an incredibly honest and straight-forward person. Most of the reason he gets so much flak is because he's been honest with his answers. They're just answers some people dislike... like the dinosaurs with freakin' lasers on their heads.

But I'd prefer an honest person like Al Rivera rather than a dishonest mouthpiece who will literally say anything to get people to play the game, which some development studios are guilty of.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2014
    No we should all go get accounts and stalk him..... I mean... Keep in touch....yeah...that's the ticket...

I've had one for a long time, though its been ignored for months. Now that I know Branflakes is there, I'm seriously thinking of dusting it off.

Actually, it is very interesting and has potential. However, until recently, the company was led poorly, leading to a number of problems in the game's development. They've cleaned house and are trying to put things aright. I'd say adding Bran is a healthy step in the right direction.
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    I like Geko right where he is, despite my criticism of some of his decisions. He's an incredibly honest and straight-forward person. Most of the reason he gets so much flak is because he's been honest with his answers. They're just answers some people dislike... like the dinosaurs with freakin' lasers on their heads.

But I'd prefer an honest person like Al Rivera rather than a dishonest mouthpiece who will literally say anything to get people to play the game, which some development studios are guilty of.

This.
    Absolutely This.
    I kind of hope they never promote AL off the bridge and into some Admiral's seat, desk job.

Honest communication, even if you don't like all the answers, is probably something people don't value enough.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    JBWill wrote:
    You should hang out in IRC with us. We need as many [R5S] tags to abuse as possible.

We figured we'd at least give him a day before provoking him to flee the company in terror.

Hah.

/10char

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Honest? Really?

There was a joke somebody used to tell...so to speak, along the following lines:

Daniel tells us all the wonderful things we want to happen...that never will.
    Al tells us all the horrible things that won't happen and we don't want to happen...that always do.

Choose your poison...

Want to be lied to about what's coming but doesn't?
    Want to be lied to about what's not coming but does?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2014

funny. here i am thinking Al was a mouthpiece anyways no matter how honest he was. But this book has been closed for some time, Brandon has moved on, the rest of us should of done that as well. let him be.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ah Firefall. Not the game I wanted it to be, but a decent thirdperson shooter/mmo/thing. I'll have to give it another try one of these days.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Honest? Really?

There was a joke somebody used to tell...so to speak, along the following lines:

Daniel tells us all the wonderful things we want to happen...that never will.
    Al tells us all the horrible things that won't happen and we don't want to happen...that always do.

Choose your poison...

Want to be lied to about what's coming but doesn't?
    Want to be lied to about what's not coming but does?

Yeah, because it's just as black-and-white as you say it is. :rolleyes:
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Never heard of him... Thats a joke Capt. Obvious
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ah Firefall. Not the game I wanted it to be, but a decent thirdperson shooter/mmo/thing. I'll have to give it another try one of these days.

Well, BranFlakes is CM, so it can't be THAT bad...
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

His job? (I hope not.) Or the game? (Never heard of it before reading this thread.)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    His job? (I hope not.) Or the game? (Never heard of it before reading this thread.)

The game.

I went and tried it. Wasn't half bad. A bit cartoonish, but fun enough.

I still prefer STO.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm going to give it a shot later on. I like the idea of an open world PVE shooter. I played around in Planetside 2 for a while, but it got old being smashed by the old vets since it's PVP only. Fighting TR wasn't bad, but fights against NC were always rough (I played VS). Anyway, we'll see. Never heard of Firefall until Bran Man started on it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Heh, people get alll enraged when Gecko tells them like it is. I think it is funny.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I find this disappointing to see. BranFlakes has gone, leave him be. Cyberstalking is not cool, as jokes aside, it is downright terrifying to be on the end of. The timing of the linked post does make me wonder if this was a job offer Brandon already had, and which he chose to move for, rather than it being a happy coincidence (after all, can an online job not telecommute?) At the end of the day, I don't really care... It's his life to go where he chooses :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's not cyberstalking when Bran announced this on his twitter account and then encouraged several of us to try the game out.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    It's not cyberstalking when Bran announced this on his twitter account and then encouraged several of us to try the game out.

Point, that.

Besides, Firefall isn't half bad. Not as good as STO, but diverting enough.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That game looks horrible.

Hope Brandon makes it all the better. D=
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well the game is something I personally don't like but, they now have one of the best CM in this business an well done to them. As for Al " some guy " riviera he is a guy that is straightforward, I would hate to see what kind of person would replace him ( better the devil you know ).
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No, but posting a link to a post he makes on another forum is, IMHO, crossing a line. BranFlakes is gone... He went of his own choice, and is clearly happy where he has landed. Let's just leave it at that and continue to play the cards as they lay :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »

Nah. It's a decent game I was just hoping for something like the old Tribes series. As it stands Firefall is more like Borderlands Online. It's not a bad thing, just not the game I wanted.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Played around with it for a few hours. Seems pretty cool, but the new player experience is dismal. The game explains literally nothing. I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going or what I'm supposed to be doing. It seems like random missions just pop up and that's the entire game. It also doesn't explain how I unlock anything or upgrade anything at all. I keep getting random drops but can't seem to sell anything since they all have a tag that says these drops can't be sold to vendors. I don't know what to do with them now.

Combat is fun though.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Played around with it for a few hours. Seems pretty cool, but the new player experience is dismal. The game explains literally nothing. I have no idea where I'm supposed to be going or what I'm supposed to be doing. It seems like random missions just pop up and that's the entire game. It also doesn't explain how I unlock anything or upgrade anything at all. I keep getting random drops but can't seem to sell anything since they all have a tag that says these drops can't be sold to vendors. I don't know what to do with them now.

Combat is fun though.

The combat is very fun, true.

It's very much the sort of game that needs more new player support, and relies very heavily on the social support network as well.

Diverting, but not as fun as STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Combat is fun though.

The drops are used to craft weapons, items, and various upgrades. Doesn't really explain that to you though, but that's how you do it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The drops are used to craft weapons, items, and various upgrades. Doesn't really explain that to you though, but that's how you do it.

Ah cool. Wish the game told me that lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter