test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I cannot log in after patch!

simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Does anyone else crash to desktop after launcher login screen disappears?
320x240.jpg
Post edited by simeion1 on

Comments

• Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    We'll here is an update. I have had no help from cryptic except the obvious of the force verify files. So here is my rig it might help anyone else. I run a Alienware x17m windows7 with a nvadia 560 Gtx v card. After Fridays patch I was unable to log in. I have been playing on the same video setting all week since the release of season nine. As soon as Fridays patch came around I would log into arc and the launcher would show up and verify password and patch info. I would hit engage and the launcher would disappear as normal....but the game would not come up. I would later get a 14178448 etid error. Ran trace routes and ping the servers with success.

My fix was to remove neverwinter, sto, and arc. Reloaded arc and downloaded sto. This set my machine to Direct x 11. I was able to log into sto, Saturday morning. Changed my video setting back to direct x 9 and change my video card form auto to my nvadia card. I was able to play, later that day I was once unable to log back into sto. Removed and reinstalled arc and sto and this time left all video setting alone. As of right now I am able to log into sto.

As a gold member of sto, I am starting to get tired of these style bugs. It is stuff like this that drives player base away. Putting checks in seats is what keeps games around. Cryptic needs to redistribute some resources to bug stomping and game balance. The people that stay are the people that spend money, but who wants to stay with bugs and bad end game PvP and PvE design. While I am going to say that there most recent FE and content other than end game since LoR release has been awesome.
    320x240.jpg