Install Arc
Options

Why we WON'T be seeing a Cube in a box

Comments

• Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Only if you promise to be my bajoran beads and andorian bells collector slave during the next Christmas event :p

I have some of those in my bank right now. I'm not that interested in them but I still collect them.
    And I think I can pull some out of my, you know what..They may smell a bit funny... XD
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Tbh, flying the Borg probe mother ship from red alerts would be cooler than flying a cube. Imagine pooping out regeneration probes every minute or so....
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It's funny because a cube is the one kind of object you'd think would be well suited to being contained in a box.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Never mind, was thinking of the wrong vessel.

I need me a delete button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    It's funny because a cube is the one kind of object you'd think would be well suited to being contained in a box.

Don't get them started with the box within a box jokes. Oh gawd...here we gorn again..
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Want to join me in my negh'var and hunt for nicors in kerrat? I think we both might feel a little better after vaporizing one.

Any room for a total pvp novice?

I could bring my adapted bc, to show how cryptic can get these sort of things right if they try...
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2014
    Well after seeing undine in a lock box

I expect to see babalyon 5 Warlock destroyers maybe a white star

Imperial class star destroyers

The battlestar Galatica

And Firefly that will have better Stats than a jemmie Bug
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Some people, but a playable Borg Cube would break the game for everyone. Not because it's unrealistic, because this "genetic space simulator" would never operate properly. I don't agree with everything decision Cryptic makes. The thing that would break the game for me is if they made ships and equipment that would only be available to Superior Officers in a Fleet.
    And with only respect please don't say "this game doesn't run properly as it is", because to some that would be an opinion.

Yeah, I definitely agree that the group of people disgusted by this steaming lump of laziness is best described as 'some'

How big a 'some' I honestly don't know.

And, broadly speaking, I think the game runs perfectly adequately

I still think that cryptic should pull these ships immediately and refund the current owners with five ship modules for the box ones, and give the lobi back to the others.

However, a compromise has occurred to me.

Simply designate these ships as hostile in all but sector space.

In other words, make these ships the sole subject of a game wide free fire zone.
  • Options
    alan171717alan171717 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like to see a diamond in a lockbox, and a sphere in the lobi. I think it would work much better than any other combination of borg ships
    "I am a travelor of both time and space to be where I have been"
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    Any room for a total pvp novice?

I could bring my adapted bc, to show how cryptic can get these sort of things right if they try...

I'm not the best pvper either and it's more about the fun anyways so no worries. We should make a channel for coordinating the hunting parties and meet up on there this Saturday.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm not the best pvper either and it's more about the fun anyways so no worries. We should make a channel for coordinating the hunting parties and meet up on there this Saturday.

I shall do my best to attend :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I definitely agree that the group of people disgusted by this steaming lump of laziness is best described as 'some'

How big a 'some' I honestly don't know.

And, broadly speaking, I think the game runs perfectly adequately

I still think that cryptic should pull these ships immediately and refund the current owners with five ship modules for the box ones, and give the lobi back to the others.

However, a compromise has occurred to me.

Simply designate these ships as hostile in all but sector space.

In other words, make these ships the sole subject of a game wide free fire zone.

You call people who like the Idea of flying a Nicor "steeming lump of laziness"
    ..... What the hell is wrong with you?
    You Canon whiners need to stop living off hate. Opinions are like.... you know... live long and prosper... Everyone's got one. With respect. :)

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014

/channel_join UndineHunters
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    t0xsick2t0xsick2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Cube in a box is kind of a contradiction in terms isnt it? :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    You call people who like the Idea of flying a Nicor "steeming lump of laziness"
    ..... What the hell is wrong with you?
    You Canon whiners need to stop living off hate. Opinions are like.... you know... live long and prosper... Everyone's got one. With respect. :)

Ah, my sincere apology, I should have made myself clearer.

The epithet is absolutely not directed at you, but at cryptic

I call it lazy, because the tal shiar adapted ships prove that the devs can pull this sort of thing off if they put forth the effort.

Those ships are a cleverly conceived way to put hybrid borg tech in the hands of the players.

They've simply not tried to make an Undine version of these ships.

Lazily, they've slapped some stats on existing models, tidied up the graphics and called it a day.

However, your desire to fly one is entirely your affair and in no way lazy.

I totally respect that you feel differently about this ship than I do.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The OP just needs to claim to be a KDF player and ask for it then it won't happen for sure :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ah, my sincere apology, I should have made myself clearer.

The epithet is absolutely not directed at you, but at cryptic

I call it lazy, because the tal shiar adapted ships prove that the devs can pull this sort of thing off if they put forth the effort.

Those ships are a cleverly conceived way to put hybrid borg tech in the hands of the players.

They've simply not tried to make an Undine version of these ships.

Lazily, they've slapped some stats on existing models, tidied up the graphics and called it a day.

However, your desire to fly one is entirely your affair and in no way lazy.

I totally respect that you feel differently about this ship than I do.

I'm sorry that I misunderstood you. I wrote this because some of the other posts were out there and just hateful. Thanks, mate. :)

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The OP just needs to claim to be a KDF player and ask for it then it won't happen for sure :)
    Momma said Klingon tears are dimomds and please cry more

I'm sorry I just had too. XD

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    It'll be a sphere, followed by a hard vacuum as the Star Trek fans leave in disgust.
    I suspect there may be either less Star Trek fans playing this game then you thought, or your belief how Star Trek fans would react is wrong.

Liberated Sphere sounds cool to me... If only to annoy others. :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sdominickkanesdominickkane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I suspect there may be either less Star Trek fans playing this game then you thought, or your belief how Star Trek fans would react is wrong.

Liberated Sphere sounds cool to me... If only to annoy others. :p

I sincerely doubt doubt that.
    Red Squad Dominick Kane
    USS Arrow-B, Defiant Class.
  • Options
    borg7of10borg7of10 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To be honest i frankly wouldn't care if we got a Borg Cube even though it's very doubtful
    that it would ever happen but having a Borg Sphere or Probe would be ok though,but I'd prefer to see
    a Borg faction and story base like we have with the Klingon,Federation and Romulans.

I would love to do missions as a Borg drone flying a Borg Sphere or a Borg Probe going around
    and Assimilating people and their worlds into the collective i think it would be kind of fun:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I sincerely doubt doubt that.

It depends on whether the "No True Scotsman" fallacy is in play or not.

"Real Startrek Fans would leave the game the moment Borg ships become playable".
    If people still paly afterwards, they cannot be real Startrek fans, if the first sentence was right. Of course, my theory is it is not.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It depends on whether the "No True Scotsman" fallacy is in play or not.

"Real Startrek Fans would leave the game the moment Borg ships become playable".
    If people still paly afterwards, they cannot be real Startrek fans, if the first sentence was right. Of course, my theory is it is not.

Real Star Trek fans will stay regardless of what happens - they could put a death star in the lock box and fans would still stay. Where else can they go to play star trek in a mmo setting?

From what I can see, every thread complaining about this game - hell, all MY complaints about this game (and I have a LOT) - all fall under the umbrella of what they're doing to the IP that we all love. Playable Undine ships is too far of a stretch for me and apparently I'm not alone in this feeling. Now we can only wait for playable Borg ships which is most likely going to happen simply...

Because money.
    Red Squad Dominick Kane
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I think there will eventually be a borg lockbox but i dont think there will be a cube for the sheer size and the problems that causes.

spheres, probes, diamonds, that thing from decent. those would not surprise me but i think it will be a way off. plenty of other delta quadrant stuff to use first.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Undine lockbox says otherwise.

Why Undine specifically and not the multiple other lockboxes that came before it that did the exact same thing? Why is Undine jumping the shark and a sign of Cubes in lockboxes but the rest weren't?
  • Options
    hawke89305092hawke89305092 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the ship Lore's rogue Borg used in a lockbox, maybe even as a special mission reward ship with lobi upgrade.

Whether or not this is a good idea is another matter entirely, of course... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Why Undine specifically and not the multiple other lockboxes that came before it that did the exact same thing? Why is Undine jumping the shark and a sign of Cubes in lockboxes but the rest weren't?

Because the other ships atleast made sense on how they could be adapted to or used by us. The Undine bio-ships however just don't make any sense. They are living things that attacked other species that entered them as our body attacks an invading organism. This allows for the possibility of Borg ships which are controlled by a hive mind to be controlled by individuals.

Adapting our ships with bio-tech I could see but basically gutting a living thing to "adapt" it to our use is just too far even for a light weight like me in the area of Trek.
  • Options
    notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited April 2014
    If you have something to argue this, please be nice about it. :P

Well spheres for everyone :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the ship Lore's rogue Borg used in a lockbox, maybe even as a special mission reward ship with lobi upgrade.

Whether or not this is a good idea is another matter entirely, of course... :rolleyes:

Oh I don't like the idea of those other ships flying around either. It seems every time it gets more and more outrageous.
    Red Squad Dominick Kane
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Forget the Borg. We will get playable Borg ships, because some players will buy them and that's all that matters to the powers that be. That said.....

I want a Lobi Consortium faction. Seriously - they are the most powerful organisation in the game, and the Trek universe.

They have the ability to capture and refit pretty much ANY ship. They can convert bioships to be used by crews that, by all rights, shouldn't be able to. They have unlimited funds and access to technology stripped out of various ships, including tech from 29th century timeships.

Sorry - the Ferengi are the most powerful race in this game, and the Iconians should back off whilst they still can.

:rolleyes:

Iconian Sphere Ships and handsthatblowupklingons coming soon to a lobi store near you

Also gateways on a stick.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus