test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lunge - No knock back?

edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
First, the title should be "No knock down", lol, but i cant change it.

So i never payed attention to the lounge procs, but this afternoon i noticed that i was not knocking down almost any target :eek:, so i went to look what are the probs of knocking a target using lounge.

Well, what is my surprise that it says 100% chance to knockdown the target.

So, it is not working then?? cuz it doesnt matter if it is a boss, a mob, a pet, sometimes they just will not go down, damnit lol. Is there any special feature that a target must have to be able to knock down?

Cuz now i am really lost. Btw, it is lounge III.
Post edited by edgecrysger on

Comments

• edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I bump this up cuz its really annoying. Once of the reasons i use lounge is to knock down my targets. Nobody is experimenting this?
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Players crouching with Sure Footed trait are immune to KD/KB.

Some NPCs might be, I'm not sure though.

But I'm pretty sure Lunge doesn't always knock down/back.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    Players crouching with Sure Footed trait are immune to KD/KB.

Some NPCs might be, I'm not sure though.

But I'm pretty sure Lunge doesn't always knock down/back.

The skill says 100% knock down. So a regular mob, lets say a breen mob in Defera, should be knocked down no matter wat. But sometimes they are, sometimes not.

But it happens that is not true. Lately i am not even knocking down more than 20% of the mobs. Its probably that this skill is bugged, as others.
  • mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was actually testing this yesterday and yes it would seem it is bugged, as I have lunge 3 ( now V) it is indeed bugged and it would be really nice to have it fixed. Either lunge itself is bugged or the tool tip isn't up to date with S9. Either way.... make it so :)
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    stoutes wrote: »
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First, the title should be "No knock down", lol, but i cant change it.

So i never payed attention to the lounge procs, but this afternoon i noticed that i was not knocking down almost any target :eek:, so i went to look what are the probs of knocking a target using lounge.
    I have used Lunge extensively since the launch of Season 9 and I haven't noticed any problems with the ability.
    Well, what is my surprise that it says 100% chance to knockdown the target.
    The 100% chance to knockback assumes the target does not have any knockback resistances. As I understand it, control resistance percentages subtract your percent chance to land a knockback. A player with 42% control resistances should be reducing Lunge knockback chance to 58% chance (100% - 42%).
    So, it is not working then?? cuz it doesnt matter if it is a boss, a mob, a pet, sometimes they just will not go down, damnit lol. Is there any special feature that a target must have to be able to knock down?
    Many Captain level NPCS (we don't call them bosses) are immune or highly resistant to control effects. For example, Elite Tactical Drones are immune to knockback and stun while extremely resistant to root and slow.
    Cuz now i am really lost. Btw, it is lounge III.

The ability name is "Lunge III", not "Lounge III".
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The 100% chance to knockback assumes the target does not have any knockback resistances. As I understand it, control resistance percentages subtract your percent chance to land a knockback. A player with 42% control resistances should be reducing Lunge knockback chance to 58% chance (100% - 42%).

I wished it was the case, but take a look at this old-ish dev post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8844011#post8844011
    When you have Resistance to a Knockback effect (for example), the result is not that Knockbacks have a lower chance to effect you. Instead, it's that Knockbacks effect you to a far lesser degree. You are resisting the Magnitude of the effect, not the effect itself.** So, to a certain extent, these resistances appear to be Working As Designed, when they are properly applying upon the expiration of a Control effect. If a Control effect does NOT grant any sort of resistance or immunity upon expiration, that's a bug we will endeavor to address.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive