test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Full Impulse issues

lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Been having some issues with Full Impulse today. I can turn it on just fine, but turning it off seems to be a problem. Once it's on, it takes several tries to get it to turn off.

I have it set in my keybinds, so I thought it might be my keyboard was dying. I tried clicking the UI button to turn it on and it got stuck completely on. Clicking the UI button again made the button stop flashing (as it does when FI is engaged) but it didn't turn off. After flying around for several minutes trying to turn it off, I eventually had to stop, remove my impulse engine, and then reslot it. It finally turned off then.

I haven't made a bug ticket yet since I'm not sure if this is a new bug or if I'm doing something horribly wrong here. Anyone else having this happen?

Edit: Submitted bug ticket, Powers & Combat > Full Impulse. Ticket ID #2,439,072.
JWZrsUV.jpg
Mine Trap Supporter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I've noticed this same issue, and it was not happening before S9.
  • Options
    nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Having the same issue, it's really annoying when you try to go into combat
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Interesting. Glad to know I'm not going crazy here though heh. I'll file a bug ticket next time I'm in game.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can also confirm your sanity. Full Impulse can not be toggled on then immediately off as prior to S9, for a quick burst of speed and yes, I'm almost afraid to use it at all as the number of times it is becoming stuck in the on setting is increasing.

On a side-note flying into battle with Weapon power, Aux power and Shield power all set at 5 has helped increase the challenge.
  • Options
    reach4stars7reach4stars7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is happening to me too, but only on my Bajoran Tactical character which is also experiencing the trait & skill bug.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I ve experienced this as well. At first i thought it was just my imagination.. but i see it wasnt.
  • Options
    evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Got this too.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This was reported when Season 9 was being tested on Tribble.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1049331

I also reported it again after Season 9 went live.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1090981
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »

:/

Oh well, submitted another ticket about it. Updated OP with it. Hope it gets fixed soon, it's rather nasty when it gets stuck on.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    frtoaster wrote: »

Great so they already knew about this and still it went live. Why im not surprised lol.

To say this is starting to be really annoying. I cant approach a target at full impulse because i cant push the brakes!! lol.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Annoying bug is annoying. I would like my impulse burst back please. :P

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, this is disappointing. I was really hoping this would be on the short-list of bug fixes. No mention of it in this week's patch notes, however.

Here's to at least one more week of flying out of control. Cheers. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, i am not dissapointed because i knew cryptic will DO NOTHING to fix this. I know how cryptic works, so, expecting they to fix anything important will be, well a miracle. We need to get used to this and this issue.
  • Options
    captainpanixcaptainpanix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    glad to hear this is an actual bug, I thought it was just me being bad at it.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have had this issue as well a few times, and I have in game bug reported it as well.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yes, it's like there some cooldown on being able to turn it off. I just want 1/2 a second of full impulse and end up shooting past my target and sliding (in an Oddy) outside of 10km range! :mad:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yes, it's like there some cooldown on being able to turn it off. I just want 1/2 a second of full impulse and end up shooting past my target and sliding (in an Oddy) outside of 10km range! :mad:

Imagine the hell that is when you pilot a Bortasqu...
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Well, this is disappointing. I was really hoping this would be on the short-list of bug fixes. No mention of it in this week's patch notes, however.

• Options
    edited May 2014

1 week?? lol, maybe if we are really lucky. If not, this bug will be forgotten forever... :(
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Imagine the hell that is when you pilot a Bortasqu...

I don't have to imagine it... it really sucks bad. Half of bortasqu piloting is staying in front of the battle so you don't have to maneuver so much.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2014
    A potential fix for this issue is included in today's patch to Holodeck. Not sure how it missed the patch notes, but I confirmed that the data update is in there.

Please try it out when the servers return, and let us know if the problem persists.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A potential fix for this issue is included in today's patch to Holodeck. Not sure how it missed the patch notes, but I confirmed that the data update is in there.

Please try it out when the servers return, and let us know if the problem persists.

God, but i dont understand why it is not on the patch notes, it happens a lot with a lot of little fixes that are never documented on the patch notes. Probably because all the "fixes" that are not listed in the patch notes, turn out that in the end, they are not really fixed. It happened before every week, and i just only hope this time is not one of em..

But i appreciate the effort to clarify things about this, because as people said, at first is annoying but after a lot of time, its a game-breaker.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    God, but i dont understand why it is not on the patch notes, it happens a lot with a lot of little fixes that are never documented on the patch notes. Probably because all the "fixes" that are not listed in the patch notes, turn out that in the end, they are not really fixed. It happened before every week, and i just only hope this time is not one of em..

But i appreciate the effort to clarify things about this, because as people said, at first is annoying but after a lot of time, its a game-breaker.

In most situations, the person putting together the patch notes is not the same person making the patches. There are usually entire teams of developers working on different items. When they submit their changes, they (usually) also submit some documentation that goes out to whoever is compiling the information to be written up together in a patch note post.

Sometimes that doesn't happen.

Sometimes things change at the last minute and something gets added but the documentation doesn't get sent to the patch note writer before its deployed.

Sometimes things change at the last minute and something is pulled from the deployment build after the patch notes are written but before they can be edited.

And sometimes people just forget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Fixed!

/10char

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.