test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't select traits since the Season 9 patch

dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since the S9 patch I can't select any of my reputation traits on my main character (although at least one of my alts is unaffected). When I click on the Space/Ground/Active Reputation sections of the Traits window, instead of a list of traits on the right I just see 'There are no available Space/Ground/Active reputation abilities to enable'.

Checking the Reputation window, it says that I need a skill respec to be able to view or choose a reputation skill, and gives me a 'View Skills' button. Clicking on this takes me to the Skills window; in the bottom right it reads 'Skills invalid' and gives me a Respec button. Clicking on the Respec button just closes the window.

In addition, under Personal Traits I only have 8 choices available - I believe these were the 8 I had selected before the patch, but I can't say for certain.

I've tried this on ESD, in Sol Sector space, in Sirius Sector space and at Starfleet Academy, with the same result. I tried going to the skill trainer on ESD; the trainer screen showed no skill points spent, but when I tried to spend them the 'Accept' button remained permantly greyed out.

I've tried raising bug reports for this; I raised a ticket in-game, #2,434,525, but it doesn't show in my ticket history, and I can't raise a ticket through the Support section of the Arcgames website because it won't let me select Star Trek Online (or anything else, for that matter) from the Product dropdown menu.

[EDIT] I've now checked all my toons. Two of them, a KDF Tac and a Fed-aligned Romulan Tac, haven't gained any Reputation traits yer; both have what looks like a full set of Persona trait options. One, a Fed Sci, has what looks like a full set of Personal and Reputation trait options. The remaining two, both Fed Tacs, have only 8 Personal trait options and can't select any of their Reputation traits.
Post edited by dafmeister on

Comments

• homeboy2011homeboy2011 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    dafmeister wrote: »
    Since the S9 patch I can't select any of my reputation traits on my main character (although at least one of my alts is unaffected). When I click on the Space/Ground/Active Reputation sections of the Traits window, instead of a list of traits on the right I just see 'There are no available Space/Ground/Active reputation abilities to enable'.

Checking the Reputation window, it says that I need a skill respec to be able to view or choose a reputation skill, and gives me a 'View Skills' button. Clicking on this takes me to the Skills window; in the bottom right it reads 'Skills invalid' and gives me a Respec button. Clicking on the Respec button just closes the window.

In addition, under Personal Traits I only have 8 choices available - I believe these were the 8 I had selected before the patch, but I can't say for certain.

I've tried this on ESD, in Sol Sector space, in Sirius Sector space and at Starfleet Academy, with the same result. I tried going to the skill trainer on ESD; the trainer screen showed no skill points spent, but when I tried to spend them the 'Accept' button remained permantly greyed out.

I've tried raising bug reports for this; I raised a ticket in-game, #2,434,525, but it doesn't show in my ticket history, and I can't raise a ticket through the Support section of the Arcgames website because it won't let me select Star Trek Online (or anything else, for that matter) from the Product dropdown menu.

Also, please see my earlier thread for the same issue
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1089731
  • deathstalker89deathstalker89 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have that same issue on 3 of my tactical officer but my other 3 tact guys are fine and all my other character classes are fine too. My reman and romulan and a alien tacts are bugged.
  • cokeymoncokeymon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yea, I too have the problem on my main character (alien) having no space or ground reputation traits available when I have multiple reps going where I had traits going. My other characters seem to be working also.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My Ferengi Engineer is missing traits as well... only L34 but only have a total of 6 traits. 4 space and 2 ground to choose from. My Klingon and Romulan are fine thou.

I am talking actual traits and not slots to use. The right hand side where you can see all possible traits you can select... lists exactly 6 traits.

All other possible traits are all gone... just the traits I had previous to the patch/update.
  • stonetheimpalorstonetheimpalor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Y'll need to respec your toon then, only then you can use your traits.
    Go to your respec tab and right below there must be a little respec button, click it, respec and there you go ;)
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I tried that last night. The Respec button just closes the skills screen.
  • saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Y'll need to respec your toon then, only then you can use your traits.
    Go to your respec tab and right below there must be a little respec button, click it, respec and there you go ;)

Yep, clicking the "respec" button closes the menu and gives no option to respec.

Can't respec at the skill trainer on ESD either.

Bug bug bug bug.
  • cokeymoncokeymon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After this mornings maintenance I still have no more traits than the 9 I originally picked prior to S9.

The reputation traits for either space or ground still say no traits to equip when I have tier 5 Dyson, tier 3 Rom, tier 3 Omega, and tier 3 Nukura. Where are all the traits.

Seeing people are still having this problem I'm wondering when it will be addressed.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cokeymon wrote: »
    After this mornings maintenance I still have no more traits than the 9 I originally picked prior to S9.

The reputation traits for either space or ground still say no traits to equip when I have tier 5 Dyson, tier 3 Rom, tier 3 Omega, and tier 3 Nukura. Where are all the traits.

Seeing people are still having this problem I'm wondering when it will be addressed.

Yeah my Ferengi Engineer and Science characters have this problem... both have only the traits they had previously to Update 9. All other possible traits they can choose are not listed at all.

My Ferengi Tactical character has a full list of traits to choose from.

Romulan and Klingon seems fine on the 1 account I checked. Have not checked my main lifetime account yet thou... wanted to wait for this update today before I log in.
  • rankinhoperankinhope Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    cokeymon wrote: »

Same, after the 55 meg update seems they still have not fixed this bug. not really worth logging in any more untill this is fixed new character cant get past the "pick a skill" mission.
  • madscientismadscientis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i realize its abit of necro but thats the only thread that i found that describes my problem
    1 of my chars (farengi too) has the same problem (only 1 trait to choose from in the trait list) is there some kind of solution/workaround or any news on the fix?
  • mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is there a warning that your skills are invalid on your skills window? If that warning is there then you get a free respec. Take note of where you've invested your skillpoints, re-spend them, and then your traits should unlock. I had the same issue on a character recently and a respec fixed her all up.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.