test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverending Loading Screens

kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I started to experience this about two weeks ago. I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing it. It might be related to the texture bug, but I'm not sure.

I play STO for about 10 minutes, before the textures disappear. I enter /tex_memory_unload_threshold 200000000 in the chat, which fixes it for about 30 minutes.

Then, often when loading into a social zone or sector space after completing a mission, the loading screen doesn't end.

It doesn't freeze. It counts the numbers of the UI interface. The graphic UI has the loading animations, but nothing loads.

Right now, my loading screen is still loading after 25 minutes. So, I have to cntl alt delete, shut down STO (which is "running" rather than "not responding").

Is anyone else having this issue?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by kirksplat on

Comments

• coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This game you need to run a few programs on the PC if your under Windows 7 or 8.

Free ones

Wise Game Booster (most of what this does is loosen up stuck memory)
    Wise 365 Care Free clean up anything left over.
    Free Windows Tuner V2 cleans up the VRM/RM.

Shouldn't have to reboot the system unless the system did a BSOD?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i get this issue.... after forever, it brings me into sector space w no zone loaded; my ship doesnt move and missions aren't available
  • malazancommandermalazancommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    After the Season 9 update, my loading screen (half the time) loads to a grind as well. I never bother to let it load fully (it would take hours :/ ), so I also restart STO altogether. Different problem though, as my problem is ONLY because of Season 9.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This was an issue for me when S8 first started, than it seemed to go away until S8.5 landed, than it to went away, until S9 landed.......Do you see the pattern? :confused::mad:
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!