test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starfleet Academy Event bug

ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ok so, tonight i decided to give a go at the revamped Academy Event. So i TPed to Starfleet Academy and talked to Prof. Meyer... So far so good, i summon a Science Cadet and we start chasing particles.

After collecting around 20 of them, i decide to return talking to Meyer to open the "redeem particle fragments" menu and see how much would cost an Uncommon DOFF. Seeing that i can only collect a Common one for the moment, i therefore decide to cancel the dialogue. At that point, all my particles disappear from my inventory and the mission auto-completes, going on a 20h cooldown.

Result : I lost all my particles, got no DOFF at all, and lost the benefit of the mission.

Could you please fix that, Cryptic? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by ashstorm1 on

Comments

• Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yup, its a common bug (why im not surprised L:O:L), i saw some people in the chat with the same problem :cool:
  • Options
    yolduryoldur Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Me and lots of other players found out the hard way. Running around for an hour, getting to see mostly "particle collapsed, keep searching" messages, and when finally trying to turn in your 75 fragments, all you get is a slap in the face by Cryptic if you click the back button for whatever reason. I sent a GM ticket, the reply said something like "We can't do anything, we are not going to give out any replacement rewards." Why even have GMs if they can't or won't help, eh? :(
    In my opinion, this is one of the lamest mess-ups Cryptic has been up to lately. We play a really tedious, annoying event only to get ... nothing. And GMs can't think of any other reply than basically saying "Suck it up."