Install Arc
Options

Literary Challenge #62 Discussion Thread

13»

Comments

• Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Alright, I'll probably need to go back and edit it a little later on, but...here's my entry! Enjoy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Alright, I'll probably need to go back and edit it a little later on, but...here's my entry! Enjoy!

Cheerios, heh.

Very nice! A fitting farewell to our beloved CM!
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited April 2014

That was a fantastic entry, thoroughly enjoyable :cool:
  • Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @danqueller - VERY nice twist indeed :) BranFlakes would be proud.

Thanks much! I was a little hesitant to use him in the story, as there was no opportunity to send him a request, but there just didn't seem to be any way around it for the piece I wanted to tell (given that the whole topic revolves around him). Hopefully, he will agree with you if he ever reads it, and won't send the Ravenous Tribble Horde of Antioch to eliminate any trace of it afterwards. :)
  • Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Loved everyones stories and haven't had time to. Say anything, but I can't wait to see lc 63
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Aambassadormolari - I really liked how you captured the Korda here. I think Brandon would like this as well :)
  • Options
    zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Rush rush rush, I've think I've broken a personal record by finishing this story in 24 hours. BranFlakes finds himself in the middle (or somewhere close to it) of a Section 31 plot during his disembarkation ceremony.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Rush rush rush, I've think I've broken a personal record by finishing this story in 24 hours. BranFlakes finds himself in the middle (or somewhere close to it) of a Section 31 plot during his disembarkation ceremony.

I liked it, but...

Trendy and Smirk as Section 31 agents? How mean! :mad:

;)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    trendy And Smirk As Section 31 Agents?

Spoiler Alert :p
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,371 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So, does that mean that Smirk's delay in getting the new LC up is a Section 31 test of our endurance?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    I liked it, but...

Trendy and Smirk as Section 31 agents? How mean! :mad:

;)

But, it makes perfect sense! Think about it! Their almost fanatical love for bacon, the uncanny alignment of their likes with those of the community! They're the perfect infiltrators!

Oh my... no, it's impossible... unless... they're Undine!

:P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    @cptgold172 - That was a nice send off. The history held frame the end.

@zidantribal - Having read it, that was awesome :)
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    So, does that mean that Smirk's delay in getting the new LC up is a Section 31 test of our endurance?

Nope, we are under orders to skip the LC this week due to the Season 9 launch. We left the last one up for an extra week just to make sure anyone who came back on for S9 and didn't get to say bye to Branflakes had a chance to do so.

But... now that the season is launched, and I can finally get back to the forums, who has suggestions/requests for the next LC?

Anyone?

Anyone got some lil' topic in mind? Make sure it is listed in the idea thread, I stickied it just for all of you.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mine's already posted, Smirk. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I've posted a lot of ideas in there.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    I've posted a lot of ideas in there.

Same.

Alright, I need to go get in the car. Travelling today and tomorrow. :(
  • Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nope, we are under orders to skip the LC this week due to the Season 9 launch. We left the last one up for an extra week just to make sure anyone who came back on for S9 and didn't get to say bye to Branflakes had a chance to do so.

But... now that the season is launched, and I can finally get back to the forums, who has suggestions/requests for the next LC?

Anyone?

Anyone got some lil' topic in mind? Make sure it is listed in the idea thread, I stickied it just for all of you.

~CaptainSmirk

I have submitted a lot of ideas, but I'm not the sort to self promote my own ideas.

*cough* MOVIE NIGHT! ANALYZE THIS! HISTORY LESSON! *cough*

Sorry, something caught in my throat. :D
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like the slavers or the worst memory story. I have ideas for both.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    There's so many good ones from the thread, but I'd be a toss up between Aftermath (The lc 61 companion) and either Hatred, or even Rescue, because all three of Worffans ideas are good ones. Oh or "One of One' which would be cool.
  • Options
    danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Threw a few ideas up. Decided "Godzilla Boards Your Ship" was probably not going to get much traction, though, so left that one out.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I love the "Nibiru" prompt, it definitely gives me ideas...

Where is our new LC Smirk? :P
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    aten66 wrote: »
    There's so many good ones from the thread, but I'd be a toss up between Aftermath (The lc 61 companion) and either Hatred, or even Rescue, because all three of Worffans ideas are good ones. Oh or "One of One' which would be cool.
    Aaaww! Thank you! :o
    danqueller wrote: »
    Threw a few ideas up. Decided "Godzilla Boards Your Ship" was probably not going to get much traction, though, so left that one out.
    ...actually, that would be a f*cking awesome prompt...
    aten66 wrote: »
    I love the "Nibiru" prompt, it definitely gives me ideas...

Where is our new LC Smirk? :P

He said next week, and that was last Tuesday. So Tuesday, the 29th.

Should be good. :cool:

Also, I vote for...any of my prompts, plus jonsills's idea "Visit to a weird planet, revisited, revisited".

I like time travel, James Bond parodies, and fourth-wall breaking in a pinch.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It is Tuesday...aaaand no new LC.

Man, I bet that next week is going to be one long synchronized delivery of dev blogs. They must be really busy over at Cryptic; I haven't seen Smirk or Trendy in days.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As long as they "fix it", we can always use LC 60 :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    As long as they "fix it", we can always use LC 60 :)

...use LC 60, claim to be reduxing LC 45, and just all agree to use a prompt from the community thread...

We might actually get away with that. I'm up for it if there isn't an official LC by tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Captain Smirk to Ten Forward, Captain Smirk to Ten Forward, the writers are sharpening their pens and looking very hungry...

I needs me a new LC. :(
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LoL I love that we are Section 31 Agents!

So far I am a Fugitive, I am an Undine, I am an Alien Spying for the Romulans, and now I am a Section 31 Agent... Such varied experience!

Great work everyone! These were really fun to read, and I thank you all for participating :)

Make sure to check out the new thread posted for another round of LC goodness.

~CaptainSmirk
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hey, in mine you were just the Fleet Captain who would be assuming Admiral Felczer's duties... :)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    zidanetribalzidanetribal Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LoL I love that we are Section 31 Agents!

So far I am a Fugitive, I am an Undine, I am an Alien Spying for the Romulans, and now I am a Section 31 Agent... Such varied experience!

Great work everyone! These were really fun to read, and I thank you all for participating :)

Make sure to check out the new thread posted for another round of LC goodness.

~CaptainSmirk

Our man Smirk wears many hats.