test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cardassian Galor Class

ejsphcrispejsphcrisp Member Posts: 145 Arc User
Do players really pay 2-500,000,000 EC for them?

I just got up to 2,000,000 EC!
Post edited by ejsphcrisp on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Based on your forum date you might be new to the game so 2 million EC seems like a lot. I have over 1.7 billion and would not even miss 500 million. 6 months from now you might feel the same way. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Based on your forum date you might be new to the game so 2 million EC seems like a lot. I have over 1.7 billion and would not even miss 500 million. 6 months from now you might feel the same way. :)

Let's test this... send me 500M and see if you miss it. :D I've been playing since launch and I just now got over 500M. Of course, I've bought a few ships off the exchange and don't go out of my way to earn EC, it just happens.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • ejsphcrispejsphcrisp Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Not to be a smarta$$, and I am sorry if I come off that way, but could you grant me 500,000,000 EC?
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been playing STO for well over a year, and I doubt I've ever had 50mill EC in total throughout my STO career, let alone at any one given point.

I'd have to grind EC-farming foundry missions on all 32 of my characters every single day to ever hope for that. Or buy Zen, convert to dil, buy Uncommon Unreplicateable Materials, and sell those... but I'm assuming that's an uncommon and fairly cheaty method.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yeah; but the question is, Is Galor really worth 500,000,000?! Hell no! It's worth maybe 50 mil; 100, tops.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I've been playing STO for well over a year, and I doubt I've ever had 50mill EC in total throughout my STO career, let alone at any one given point.

I'd have to grind EC-farming foundry missions on all 32 of my characters every single day to ever hope for that. Or buy Zen, convert to dil, buy Uncommon Unreplicateable Materials, and sell those... but I'm assuming that's an uncommon and fairly cheaty method.

Yep, that's the way. I've never had over 50 mil EC total either, and I only have 8 chars. If you have lots of chars and max out refine cap on all of them, you'll never be rich in ec. On the other hand, I have over 200k zen atm without ever buying any with cash.:P
    edited April 2014
    ejsphcrisp wrote: »
    Not to be a smarta$$, and I am sorry if I come off that way, but could you grant me 500,000,000 EC?
    Sorry, no. I am a firm believer in the idea of achievement. I read far too many posts on this website full of people demanding immediate gratification simply because they do not wish to put forth the effort to get it. It is really not that difficult to make ECs in this game once you are Level 50.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • tarrennistarrennis Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    No, the Galor is not worth buying; the Monbosh is better.
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Galor is just rare. Nobody opens that particular lockboxe anymore because its other contents are so worthless.
    edited April 2014

I suppose it depends on what you want to do with your time. You can do a Doff Mission and have a Doff drop on you worth Millions of EC. Grinding out 8k Dilithium a day for a month will give you enough Zen to buy 15 Keys, which you can then sell for 2 million EC each. It is really not that difficult to make 50 million EC in a month if that is your goal.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Yeah; but the question is, Is Galor really worth 500,000,000?! Hell no! It's worth maybe 50 mil; 100, tops.

problem is while its not worth more than 100 its not dropping any more, so less people are opening it and the supply is going down. its that old supply and demand problem.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Things are worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for them.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Things are worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for them.

^^
    This exactly..

..and I'm really amazed that so often people are just taking into consideration how "powerful" a ship is when they look at their worth. Especially ships like the Galor also have a strong value just for being famous canon collector's items or for offering something else like the weapons of the Galor, which can be used on other ships etc..
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ..and I'm really amazed that so often people are just taking into consideration how "powerful" a ship is when they look at their worth. Especially ships like the Galor also have a strong value just for being famous canon collector's items or for offering something else like the weapons of the Galor, which can be used on other ships etc..

If anyone thinks a ship's 'power' is directly related to their expense, they deserve to get fleeced. It's all about the laws of supply and demand, and whether or not I or thecosmic1 feel like holding the exchange hostage.

But that doesn't happen.

... usually.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    noblet wrote: »
    The Galor is just rare. Nobody opens that particular lockboxe anymore because its other contents are so worthless.

Yeah this.

I've been building up a spreadsheet with a cool pivot table showing the contents of the 800 lockboxes I've opened (shout if anyone wants a copy). I want to get a bigger sample size for Cardassian and Ferengi lockboxes, but their booby-prizes are just too weak.

Tal Shiar's are easy because might get a Plasmonic Leech. Dominions, Elachi and Hirogens could get you a nice DOFF or a mining claim. Voth get you some awesome weapon packs.

That said, access to Spiral Wave Disruptors could be a big draw for some.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
    edited April 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    If anyone thinks a ship's 'power' is directly related to their expense, they deserve to get fleeced. It's all about the laws of supply and demand, and whether or not I or thecosmic1 feel like holding the exchange hostage.

But that doesn't happen.

... usually.

Indeed, people will always corner certain markets. Unethical practices, in my book; but hey, another person would just call that 'being an American.'

Doesn't matter, though; people who think Galor is worth 500 mil are totally off their rocker. It's a lockbox ship with only 3 Tact consoles, but has the Spiral Disruptors going for it; and it's about worth 50 mil.

So, to the OP, don't buy it because some unethical folks artificially inflated the market. Indeed, try and ascertain how poweful it is, compared to other ships, and try and distill a reasonable value from that. Then just wait until it gets into that range (which is between 50 and 100 mil). Pay 500 mil, and soon you'll realize you paid 450 mil too much.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • showmeyourhonorshowmeyourhonor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Indeed, people will always corner certain markets. Unethical practices, in my book; but hey, another person would just call that 'being an American.'

Doesn't matter, though; people who think Galor is worth 500 mil are totally off their rocker. It's a lockbox ship with only 3 Tact consoles, but has the Spiral Disruptors going for it; and it's about worth 50 mil.

So, to the OP, don't buy it because some unethical folks artificially inflated the market. Indeed, try and ascertain how poweful it is, compared to other ships, and try and distill a reasonable value from that. Then just wait until it gets into that range (which is between 50 and 100 mil). Pay 500 mil, and soon you'll realize you paid 450 mil too much.

I don't think you understand how markets work. The Galor market is not artificially inflated, if someone had bought every Galor off the market and relisted all of them at a much higher price, then that is artificially inflating the market. What has happened in this case is the Galor has become much rarer, and as result has gone up in price. Simply put, the demand outstrips supply, so the item value increases. The exact same thing has happened with the temporal and Tholian ships.

As other people have said, the price will be whatever the market is willing to tolerate, and if he follows your advice of picking an arbitrary number and waiting for to hit that level, he will never get a Galor (unless people start to open floods of Cardassian lockboxes, until they run out that is and the same thing happens again). What is your reference point for deciding how much a ship is worth? A Monbosh? A Jem'hadar Attack Ship? If its the latter then the Galor represents fantastic value for what it is.

To the OP, ask yourself a question. Do you want a Galor? If the answer is yes, you'd best start saving. It's a fantastic ship that comes with the best guns in the entire game. Is it worth 200 million ec? If you don't think so, then best look at a Monbosh instead.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    walshicus wrote: »
    Yeah this.

I've been building up a spreadsheet with a cool pivot table showing the contents of the 800 lockboxes I've opened (shout if anyone wants a copy). I want to get a bigger sample size for Cardassian and Ferengi lockboxes, but their booby-prizes are just too weak.

Tal Shiar's are easy because might get a Plasmonic Leech. Dominions, Elachi and Hirogens could get you a nice DOFF or a mining claim. Voth get you some awesome weapon packs.

That said, access to Spiral Wave Disruptors could be a big draw for some.

I find that the Elachi Lockbox pays out very well. I made a fortune selling those Nanite Disruptors, not to meantion the 47 million ec for the Inspirational Leader Trait I got.

But I wish they would upgrade older Lockboxes with the newer items like mining claims , they rerun those all the time.
    edited April 2014
    What has happened in this case is the Galor has become much rarer, and as result has gone up in price. Simply put, the demand outstrips supply, so the item value increases. The exact same thing has happened with the temporal and Tholian ships.

Temporal ships are listed for ca. 90 mil these days. I got mine at around 40 or so, back in the day; so rarity made it go up some. But not to a ridiculous 500 mil, is my point.
    As other people have said, the price will be whatever the market is willing to tolerate, and if he follows your advice of picking an arbitrary number and waiting for to hit that level, he will never get a Galor

Not an arbitrary number, but one based on comparison. An 'educated guess,' if you will.

And, ah yes, 'instant gratification' often rears its ugly head. So, I'm sure a few will actually go for 500 mil. Kudos on the seller. A more sensible person, however, indeed waits until prices drop to what they more-or-less should be.

See, that's how markets work: if you wait it out a bit, eventually prices normalize. They always do. Only last week I saw the Temporal Destroyer listed for nearly 200 mil (I needed one on my Rom). Didn't buy it for 200 mil, of course; simply because it's not worth that much. I did eventually buy it for < 100 mil; still a lot, but more-or-less reasonable, given that it's really a very good ship, and has become somewhat rare too.

'Restraint,' the other side of buying instantly.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Temporal ships are listed for ca. 90 mil these days. I got mine at around 40 or so, back in the day; so rarity made it go up some. But not to a ridiculous 500 mil, is my point.

Temporal Destoyers start at 97m and increase rapidly from there, the Temporal Science vessels start at 205m and increase even more rapidly from that point. Eventually, as supply decreases even more, they may well approach the 500m mark.

Not an arbitrary number, but one based on comparison. An 'educated guess,' if you will.

Compared with what? The Galor is one of the best ships in the game, its a canon starship, and it unlocks the best beam weapons in the game. In fact, a lot of people get a Galor solely for the Spirals, which increases it's value even further. Compared to the likes of the Bulwark which was going for 350m-400m before vanishing from the market, the Galor is excellent value and well worth the current ~200m asking price.

And, ah yes, 'instant gratification' often rears its ugly head. So, I'm sure a few will actually go for 500 mil. Kudos on the seller. A more sensible person, however, indeed waits until prices drop to what they more-or-less should be.

See, that's how markets work: if you wait it out a bit, eventually prices normalize. They always do. Only last week I saw the Temporal Destroyer listed for nearly 200 mil (I needed one on my Rom). Didn't buy it for 200 mil, of course; simply because it's not worth that much. I did eventually buy it for < 100 mil; still a lot, but more-or-less reasonable, given that it's really a very good ship, and has become somewhat rare too.

'Restraint,' the other side of buying instantly.

Normalisation only applies when there is a sudden change in the market. For example a new lockbox ship will come out, prices will be high at first because there isn't many of them, then it will drop massively as more people open lockboxes and pop the ships on the exchange. Eventually the lockbox run ends and the supply slowly dries up, and the price will steadily increase from there. This is happening with all lockbox ships, in particular the Galor and Temporal Science Vessel, which have been steadily rising over the last couple of years and will continue to do so unless a ton of extra supply gets introduced into the system.

That is the law of economics, when the demand increasing outstrips supply, the price of the commodity will continue to increase, it will not magically drop to "what it should be". In fact, I'd say in the case of the Galor waiting is the worst thing to do, because the prices are only steadily going up.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The typical classic mistake of a lot of people is to do foundry missions, thinking they will grant you high ammounts of ec lol.

I did that when i started to play, but 1 - 2 months later i realized it was stupid and non sense. Because the quantity of EC you will gather doing the farming misisons or seeling the stuff, is insignificant.

Its exactly the same as doing 3 patrol missions, or the tau dewa sector patrol or anything else. I hope one day people learn this lol, and stop doing dumb farming missions xD. The first mistake is to use foundry farming missions to gather EC lol... that is a really stupid thing.l Not only that, in 32 characters??? looooool... what a waste of time, seriously.

But, ow 1,5 billions, lol, i wish i could believe that. Ive been playing for about 1 year and i have about 100 million and i dont see hot to get closer to 500 million. I mean, its really easy to achieve 50-100 million of EC, but billions?????? lol, i dont believe so.
  • zagstrukkzagstrukk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For what its worth, the easiest thing to do to get a Galor is probably to grind out your daily dil, exchange it, then use the zen to buy keys. Cardassian lockboxes go for about 32000 right now, which still is hardly bad. You can make that after a few Dyson ground zone runs. Its a messy method, and I admit it will get you no end of useless junk, but eventually you have to come up with a Galor ... right ? :P

Also, cheapest I have seen Galor in a while is 189 mil EC. If anyone is feeling charitable, I am certainly taking donations. :D
    edited April 2014
    That is the law of economics, when the demand increasing outstrips supply, the price of the commodity will continue to increase, it will not magically drop to "what it should be".

Yeah, except I don't see a huge demand for Galors, outstripping their supply. There are, however, ppl hoarding the market, asking a ridiculous 500 mil. That's not possible in a RL economy (i.e, you can't buy up the contents of all bakeries, all over the world, and resell bread for 500 mil a loaf; In STO, however, you can). That's what you get when ppl start applying a 'Law of Economics' on a model that doesn't fit a RL economy at all.

No, price will not magically drop to "what it should be." It will, however, simply drop to such levels again because no one in their right mind will pay 10x what it's worth for it. And then sellers will drop their prices as a result of not selling anything. Especially in STO, where better and better ships keep being released (another reason why you can't just superimpose RL economics, 1:1, on STO). Used to be the C-Story Odessey was top of the line; and now? Eh. If C-Story Odessey were a lockbox ship, would you now pay 500 mil for it, just because it was rare?! I thought not.

Hence, I'm very much right: the intrisic value of a ship (= how powerful it is, in simple terms) most certainly matters; not just its rarity.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, except I don't see a huge demand for Galors, outstripping their supply.

Since my last post three Galors have been sold off the exchange, leaving 8 Galors remaining starting at 208m. Given the size of the playerbase, I imagine there are more than 8 people who want a Galor.
    There are, however, ppl hoarding the market, asking a ridiculous 500 mil.

This is incorrect, there is only one Galor at 500m. The rest start at 208m, which is considerably cheaper, and those will sell well before that last one does because, surprise surprise, people aren't willing to spend 500m on a Galor. Yet.
    That's not possible in a RL economy (i.e, you can't buy up the contents of all bakeries, all over the world, and resell bread for 500 mil a loaf; In STO, however, you can). That's what you get when ppl start applying a 'Law of Economics' on a model that doesn't fit a RL economy at all.

Firstly, it is entirely possible in a real world economy, and secondly you are comparing apples and oranges. An ingame parallel of your bakery example would be trying to buy up every battery and other commodity on the exchange and relist them at artificially inflated prices. It wouldn't work because there are far too many of them, and people can source them easily and cheaply. Supply outstrips demand.

Secondly the Galor situation can be applied to any valuable commodity that has limited availability. It happens with the property market all the time. Alternatively, ever wondered why rare antiques cost a lot of money, despite there being modern products that are more readily available and likely superior?
    No, price will not magically drop to "what it should be." It will, however, simply drop to such levels again because no one in their right mind will pay 10x what it's worth for it.

Who decides what is reasonable? You? You say a Galor is worth 50m EC, I say that they are worth 200m EC, because that is what they are currently going for and have been steadily increasing over the last year and a half. My first Galor was 88m, my second Galor was 120m, and my third Galor was 140m.
    And then sellers will drop their prices as a result of not selling anything. Especially in STO, where better and better ships keep being released (another reason why you can't just superimpose RL economics, 1:1, on STO).

Except they obviously are selling because the prices have steadily increased, indeed as mentioned earlier 3 have vanished off the exchange. This just comes back to the old phrase that the price will remain as high as the market is willing to tolerate.
    Used to be the C-Story Odessey was top of the line; and now?

The Odyssey was never top of the line.
    Eh. If C-Story Odessey were a lockbox ship, would you now pay 500 mil for it, just because it was rare?! I thought not.

Probably not. People might be willing to pay around 100m for it, or gosh, whatever the market is willing to tolerate. Look at the Voth Bastion cruiser, its pretty awful but still holds its value at around 95m at present.
    Hence, I'm very much right: the intrisic value of a ship (= how powerful it is, in simple terms) most certainly matters; not just its rarity.

How powerful it is, how rare it is, what else you get with it obviously matters as I have been saying repeatedly.

A prime example of this is the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. This ship regularly goes for around 500m ec, when usually dips to around 400m when the promotions roll around. Despite the fact that many comparable escorts are now available at much cheaper cost, the bug still holds its value because of its rarity, reputation and desirability. Yet again, demand outstrips supply (notice a recurring theme here?), as there are only 17 bugships on the exchange right now, and if these forums are anything to go by practically everyone wants a bugship.

If you don't feel a Galor is worth 200m EC then thats fine, thats your opinion. However, that does not make the people selling them hoarders, or leechers, or greedy just because they want to get the best price they can. If you opened a Cardassian lockbox right now and got a Galor and decided to list it on the exchange, would you list it at the value you say its worth in this thread (50m EC), or would you list it at the current going rate?

Somehow I think you would do the latter. I know I would.
  • spacegoatcx#8996 spacegoatcx Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So to sum up OP's ranting:

He is an angry spacepoor who cannot afford nice things.

Earning money in this game is extremely simple if you A) take 10 seconds to think B) ask advice instead of ranting about elitism to any player who has a single better thing than yourself and C) actually play the game instead of forum venting whenever the world fails to turn your way.

Also your grasp on economics is utterly horrible.

I searched out this guide just for you. Read it.

http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/
    FvMLllF.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,437 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    The main draw for the Galor is access to the Spiral Wave Disruptors. They are the first hybrid weapon in the game.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Spiral_Wave_Disruptor
    Disruptor damage with an added Phaser proc and [Acc]x2 [Dmg]x2? I'd love some of those myself!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People list the item according to the value that the EC has to them. Some people need EC more than others, so some people set the price lower than others, while other people do not have an urgent need for EC and are willing to carry the inventory until it sells (and its okay if it never does).

When supply is less than demand, the cheaper items are bought up rapidly, and only the expensive items remain, thus the price rises. When supply exceeds demand, there is a corresponding downward pressure on pricing.

The #1 way to reduce the price on these ships is to increase the drop rate of the lockboxes they come from.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The galor standard price is 110-150 million EC.

Right now we still have the Romulan pack bug pulling promo on.

That means very few people are opening the old cardassian packs at the moment.

If you really want this ship wait for that promotion to end. Then give it a week for stock to replenish.

However don't ever really expect it to drop much below the range I listed. It sat in that range for well over a year.

For the people that claim that in 4 years of playing they have never made much EC and have never had more then X or Y. Come on making EC in this game is stupid easy. You can do nothing buy grind your 8k Dilihitum on a couple toons and throw in a few SB24 runs and easily pull in 3-5 million just from vendering junk and selling a few consoles and weapons that drop on the exchange. If you are willing to take the Dilithium you earn over a few weeks now and then and invest it into items that sell on the exchange you can easily pull in another 10-20 million a week. If you are willing to go one step further and play the exchange for 10min a day for a week... if you are a little smart you can make anywhere from another 5-20 mil pretty easy.

I barely play at the moment, to be honest I log in for an hour a few times a week or so. Still I log in and find I have made 20-50 million each log in. If I can do that people can't tell me they can't manage to make 5-10 mil if they are in fact playing the game more then I am.

EC is easy to earn because the game drops it, its why cryptic had to keep nerfing the "Farming" foundry stuff. Even with that nerfed though you can still on a fed do a SB24,Kerrat... as a Klink The mine field mission drops a lot of purple loot, and you can always farm nvak if your really board. Never mind I hear people make a good income form running doff missions on klinks for contraband and stuff. You can even make good amounts of EC just selling white doffs these days. (not as much as it used to be and its time consuming... but its guaranteed, there is no way to loose money selling white doffs.)

PS... also on the boxes themselves I understand there up to over 30k each... remember that the current box ends shortly which menas most likely for 1-2 weeks cryptic will be dropping all the old boxes again. They have done that every lockbox so far no reason to believe they won't again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Nobody is fixing the bloody market, the idea is laughable.

Firstly, the Galor is for all intents and purposes a rare, tho infinite supply item. I literally have 2 alts stuffed full to the gills of Cardie boxes. The cost of a Galor on the exchange is representative of how much EC somebody is willing to pay somebody else to invest in opening a random number of boxes for the payoff. Nothing more. It is all but impossible to fix the price of an infinite supply item.

Second, the price on a Galor is higher than other ships because the demand is tiny. This often happens once a commodity has had a hey day. Everybody that really wanted one originally has had enough time to get one, so the price dropped thru the floor. As a result. people stopped opening the boxes (An issue compounded by the overall poor quality of its secondary contents, nobody opens a Cardie box because they might get that blue personal shield they always wanted...) Once the boxes stopped being opened, the price steadily rose. Now it has stayed high because while it sells for a lot, it is not a high moving item, and nobody is trying to undercut the sellers. Many people who are opening the boxes are the very people who want them, so they do not make it to the market to drive the price down.

Third, not to try and sound as tho it is a negative like some of the others around here, you apparently are new enough around here that you haven't quite gotten a grip on the economy. To those of us who "know the value of a dollar," your complaints sound like a 5 year old complaining loudly to the world that their allowance isn't enough to buy a Porche. Somewhat cute, but misguided. Keep calm and play on, the money will come in before you know it, and you will have forgotten all about that old news Galor and been on to a new desire or 10, and then you might choose to spend your treasure on a ship you like even better :D
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People list the item according to the value that the EC has to them. Some people need EC more than others, so some people set the price lower than others, while other people do not have an urgent need for EC and are willing to carry the inventory until it sells (and its okay if it never does).

When supply is less than demand, the cheaper items are bought up rapidly, and only the expensive items remain, thus the price rises. When supply exceeds demand, there is a corresponding downward pressure on pricing.

The #1 way to reduce the price on these ships is to increase the drop rate of the lockboxes they come from.

True... as long as people in general are opening lockboxes at all.

The main issue right now with all lockbox ship pricing is Cryptic is running until the 10th a Jem Hadar bug ship promo on the ROm pack. Seeing as we likely won't see that ship dropping again for a year... people are all opening those.

After the 10th the price on all lockbox ships will drop fast... as people try to open lockboxes to score ships and cash in before the prices go back to normal.

Also around that same time and likely the same day the current lockbox will have its end announced and all the old boxes including the snake head box will be droppin in game again for a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.