test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks to the PVP forum ...

Comments

• rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    deokkent wrote: »
    How is that even the point at all?

Its actually accurate. It pretty much portrays what many of these pug players want. they want to handicap others so they cannot lose.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited April 2014
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
  • jacknm1jacknm1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    id agree with that... its ok, soon they wont have PvP at all...then they will all get what they want
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Industries Executive - Fleet Project Management
    PvP Boot Camp Coach
    STO - Will PvP For Food - Official OPVP Channel <-Click Me
    /channel_join OrganizedPvP
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    NVM dont want to get involved
    edited April 2014
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    NVM dont want to get involved

Let me rephrase.

Teamwork is OP, plz nerf. In addition, swarming a single player with as many uncoordinated bodies is UP, plz buff?
    Gold.jpg
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sometimes, I wonder what it would be like if I had a twin - if we could hit the queues and rock the socks off some folks...but I usually soon realize, it would just quickly turn into a competition as to which one of us could blow himself up first...
  • wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited April 2014
    jacknm1 wrote: »
    id agree with that... its ok, soon they wont have PvP at all...then they will all get what they want

Then they can say the won the ultimate pvp. :D
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • donrahdonrah Member Posts: 348
    edited April 2014
    people that dont like the duo thing desperately need to LRN 2 PLY. it amazes me how people can think this is some problem, or any different then 2 people that know each other, that are any good, and just happen to end up on the same team anyway. this sort of thing happens in literally every single match as it is, there might even be 3 or 4 acquaintances that end up on the same team, oh no!

2 teamed players wont make any sort of difference if the average skill level on both teams is semi even, just 1 bad player can sink a team easily. if the average skill on each team is not even, ask yourself, is that due to me? should i accuse people of 2 man exploiting as if thats a thing to compensate, or actually try to git gud? seriously :rolleyes:

You've got that backwards. It should be Play 2 LRN. Nothing can be learned without playing. Anyone that goes into PvP expecting to rofflestomp the other team the same way it is in PvE, they'll always walk away frustrated. If newbs keep playing against people that rofflestomp them, watch what they use, and when they use it, then they might learn something from it. They should forget about winning and worry about studying how their opponents play, so they can learn how to beat them or at least copy their tactics.

If only PvP matches were recordable and could be replayed in a similar fashion as console racing games do it. Sure, you can make a YouTube video, but you can't switch players, zoom in/out, and use mouse-look to observe the surroundings. Being able to have an engine supported replay system would allow players to review any recorded match, so they could pause the game and examine each buff/debuff applied to an attacker/target. It might even be helpful to put players into observation mode while waiting to respawn.
    Go here and show your support for a better Foundry!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Buddies fighting together belong in the roleplay PVP maps. Too bad there arent any.
    edited April 2014
    donrah wrote: »
    You've got that backwards. It should be Play 2 LRN. Nothing can be learned without playing. Anyone that goes into PvP expecting to rofflestomp the other team the same way it is in PvE, they'll always walk away frustrated. If newbs keep playing against people that rofflestomp them, watch what they use, and when they use it, then they might learn something from it. They should forget about winning and worry about studying how their opponents play, so they can learn how to beat them or at least copy their tactics.

If only PvP matches were recordable and could be replayed in a similar fashion as console racing games do it. Sure, you can make a YouTube video, but you can't switch players, zoom in/out, and use mouse-look to observe the surroundings. Being able to have an engine supported replay system would allow players to review any recorded match, so they could pause the game and examine each buff/debuff applied to an attacker/target. It might even be helpful to put players into observation mode while waiting to respawn.

Wait I thought they offered that back around season 7 or so. It allowed you to swing around and stuff but it was also limited.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Wait I thought they offered that back around season 7 or so. It allowed you to swing around and stuff but it was also limited.

Can't remember if /demorecord is still in the game or not...
  • redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    Ok, blanket response to OP and supporters. What in Kahless' name do you have against teamwork. Are you too lazy to get teamspeak or skype and chill with a fleet? Join OPvP and get VS's teamspeak channel, or Wolverines. Ask when ppl queue up in pvp and when events are and stuff, get involved. Oh you don't want to do the work it takes to get on a good team and pull your wait. STFU then. I'm so sick of the whiners in this community. Teamwork is and should be the defining point of all MMO's. Oh by the way, star trek online is a MMORPG. MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE!!! If you don't want to have to deal with teamwork, go play CoD or some other FPS. Don't TRIBBLE with my teamwork man.
  • ahilles7ahilles7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    redz4tw wrote: »
    Ok, blanket response to OP and supporters. What in Kahless' name do you have against teamwork. Are you too lazy to get teamspeak or skype and chill with a fleet? Join OPvP and get VS's teamspeak channel, or Wolverines. Ask when ppl queue up in pvp and when events are and stuff, get involved. Oh you don't want to do the work it takes to get on a good team and pull your wait. STFU then. I'm so sick of the whiners in this community. Teamwork is and should be the defining point of all MMO's. Oh by the way, star trek online is a MMORPG. MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE!!! If you don't want to have to deal with teamwork, go play CoD or some other FPS. Don't TRIBBLE with my teamwork man.

+1 for this.:)
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well if you queue solo in the current team queue and a 5 man premade is also in the queue you have a 100% chance of being on the opposite team, where as if a 2 man team is in the queue and you are solo it should be a 50 % chance of you being on their team so it should work out pretty good for solo and team players in the queue. Main thing it needs now is cross faction teaming.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited April 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Well if you queue solo in the current team queue and a 5 man premade is also in the queue you have a 100% chance of being on the opposite team, where as if a 2 man team is in the queue and you are solo it should be a 50 % chance of you being on their team so it should work out pretty good for solo and team players in the queue. Main thing it needs now is cross faction teaming.
    I like cross faction teaming. At least they let 2 people queue together now
    edited April 2014
    Personally a King of the mountain FFA, first person to 30 kills or most kills at the expiration of 15 minute time limit wins 4000 dil. Everyone else gets XP/Skill points and credit for it as it would be a dailyt like the other PvP daily.
    edited April 2014
    Personally a King of the mountain FFA, first person to 30 kills or most kills at the expiration of 15 minute time limit wins 4000 dil. Everyone else gets XP/Skill points and credit for it as it would be a dailyt like the other PvP daily.
    But first, let me get my rommie.
    edited April 2014
    But first, let me get my rommie.

I have a feeling unless the instance is full of rommies, rommies will be targetted first and often. I would expect a free for all to be a minimum of 20 players in a tight map with low ceiling, high floor and only about 30KM between spawn points.
    edited April 2014
    I have a feeling unless the instance is full of rommies, rommies will be targetted first and often. I would expect a free for all to be a minimum of 20 players in a tight map with low ceiling, high floor and only about 30KM between spawn points.
    But the question is can you learn to see in the dark? I cloak as soon as i spawn, wait til the battle gets hairy and decloak on alpha and every buff i can muster, usually getting 2 or 3 kills before i cloak again. An RSP will buy you extra time.
    edited April 2014
    But the question is can you learn to see in the dark? I cloak as soon as i spawn, wait til the battle gets hairy and decloak on alpha and every buff i can muster, usually getting 2 or 3 kills before i cloak again. An RSP will buy you extra time.

I understand but with the map being more constrained you really will not have no where to run. Not to mention it is a race. I will take my chances with you sitting in cloak waiting on CDs. :D
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You guys say all that. But I have a video here, 5 man premade failing to kill a premade of 3. What do you got?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slFmU5PAzGY

Which one of those is the 5 man premade?

Was it the one with 2 Pandas, Riyott who at the time was solely in NoP and 2 Guys from the DPS MIRRION-BIRRION-K Channels?

Do a little homework before you post things.
    edited April 2014
    You guys say all that. But I have a video here, 5 man premade failing to kill a premade of 3. What do you got?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slFmU5PAzGY
    2 of the best pvp fleets fighting each other. PvP veterans. Duh, you're gonna get some crazy TRIBBLE, and the most experienced team will win. Looking at the comments though, you'll see there were only 2 pandas there.
    edited April 2014
    Which one of those is the 5 man premade?

Was it the one with 2 Pandas, Riyott who at the time was NoP and 2 Guys from the DPS MIRRION-BIRRION-K Channels?

Yeah I as going to ask that since I no comprende German. :D
    edited April 2014
    2 of the best pvp fleets fighting each other. PvP veterans. Duh, you're gonna get some crazy TRIBBLE, and the most experienced team will win. Looking at the comments though, you'll see there were only 2 pandas there.

The PvP vets in this game could be thrown together on a team and probably give most premades a god run.
    edited April 2014
    I understand but with the map being more constrained you really will not have no where to run. Not to mention it is a race. I will take my chances with you sitting in cloak waiting on CDs. :D
    True, I was thinking of it from a briar patch stand point. Perhaps the wolverine from hell disco ball of death would be more effective :D
    edited April 2014
    True, I was thinking of it from a briar patch stand point. Perhaps the wolverine from hell 5 man disco ball of death would be more effective :D

The one good thing from a FFA is SS or AMS would pretty useless
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited April 2014
    donrah wrote: »

This man understands the Jorf guide.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Your welcome. You should also pay better attention while you are lurking... cause.

1) we never asked for a solo que

Ummm ... right .
    So how about the thread titled "Need for PUG only PvP queues" -- which can be summed up by response #6 from dontdrunkimshoot : "its once a week isnt it, this thread" .

Let me retell a little bit of STO PvP history.

Thanks but I was there too .
    I may have only pugged , and I may not remember the players names , but the Year 1 : Excelsior VS BOP fests are still in my memory ... -- and I consider those good times ... (despite the slight OP-ness of the Excelsior , thanks to Gecko) .
    But as I said , good times ... , no matter if I was in an Excelsior or a BOP (a Bop with a hilarious rainbow setup , with a quantum in the back) .
    But that was a long-long time ago ... .

Since those days we've seen the emergence of the PVP fleets and the influx of the "gamers" .
    And not only have I witnessed the stomping of pugs by premades , but also the long-long list of excuses that these PVP fleets have used to not face off with each other ... -- one of the interesting theories I've read about this here , was that if one PVP fleet continuously facerolls all the others then eventually all the players will migrate to that fleet and it will lead to the death of individual PVP fleets .
    An interesting theory to say the least .
    (see , I can give "PVP History lessons" too :P)

But that's not really the point of this thread .
    My point is this :

Miniature 2 man pre-mades will emerge and they will play "Sword & Shield" .
    Now if you've ever played STO's version of "Capture the Flag" the way it was meant to be played , you did hang out at one capture point my your lonesome -- and more often then not one or more enemy player came up and said "hello" .

I'll give you the following tag teams (most of which I've faced ... so I actually know what I'm talking about) , and tell me how you're gonna beat them without a cloaked ship (?) :

D'Kora + Bug/Defiant/ ect.

Scimitar + Scimitar

Scimitar + T'Varo , Bug/Defiant/ ect.

And the list just goes on and on .
    Ahh , but this will be a Team Match and you will have your own tag-team on your team -- isn't this AdjuckatorHawk & Mancom's supposition ?
    My answer is : they will likely be busy with themselves .
    See , just because they'll be a mini-team , their names won't be "USS We're Here 4U" .

Also ... , if this was still Year 1 in STO , the era of the Excelsior , Galaxy , Bop , Negh'var ... -- I might not have such a problem .
    Some of those ships were tough , but they were not unbeatable ... even as a tag-team .

Now days ... -- don't make me laugh .

And I will remind you of this one crazy thing : some of you did ask for a pug queue not because you wanted to eliminate pre-mades , but because you wanted newcomers to PVP to not face premades .
    You wanted newcomers to stay and have a positive experience in PVP .
    THIS is why some of you asked for pug PVP and this is what you're taking away with your selfish "just one friend , what will it hurt ? " mentality .

Private queues ? Ever heard of those ?
    A place where you can "bring your buddy" and enjoy "team play" because "this is an MMO" ?

And I'll finish with one more "lesson" from the "no-wars" that STO PVP fleets engage in .
    One of the more popular excuses for that is : we can't get 10 ppl from 2 PVP fleets on at the same time .
    Well guess what ?
    Think you won't have 2 ppl online neither ?
    I'm guessing that you will ... , which is why I think this is more about the continued desire to faceroll pugs via tag-teams , and much-much less about "pugs VS premades" or a "better environment for PVP newbies" .

So my conclusion is this :
    Most of you are Mormons . Sure , you say you're single , and that 1 wife does not count .
    (nothing against real Mormons BTW ... just against ppl who pretend they're single when they're not .)
    So thanks for inviting me to your "open relationship" , but ... not really interested .
    Have fun stomping those newbies !
  • mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Since those days we've seen the emergence of the PVP fleets and the influx of the "gamers" .
    DOB, GoD, 182nd, 7th Core, Lore, Sto'vo'kor, .Section 31. - all these PVP fleets were in their prime prior to S1.2 / S2 and pretty much all of them are gone now or a mere shadow of their former glory. PVP fleets are not a new invention, they have been there from the very beginning; only the names and players have changed.
    edited April 2014
    mancom wrote: »
    DOB, GoD, 182nd, 7th Core, Lore, Sto'vo'kor, .Section 31. - all these PVP fleets were in their prime prior to S1.2 / S2 and pretty much all of them are gone now or a mere shadow of their former glory. PVP fleets are not a new invention, they have been there from the very beginning; only the names and players have changed.
    PvP fleets is what's kept pvp going imo, they're the only thing resembling teamwork in pvp today...it's sad, but it's cryptics fault.