test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet not appearing in Fleet Search Roster

originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I made several ticket(s) regarding this bug, but never received a response, so I am making this post in an attempt to get this feature fixed for my fleet.

My fleet is "Starfleet Frontier Command"

For sometime now, my fleet has been invisible under the fleet search parameters. I suspect it has to do with the formation of the fleet just after launch, possibly not. But I have tried checking and unchecking time zones, languages, species, and everything else I could to get my fleet to appear in the search, but everything I try is to no avail. Please fix this. I have received no messages requesting any information since the formation of the fleet years ago.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2014
    My ticket was erased as of creating it yesterday, and it certainly was not done by myself.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    And you've searched for your fleet's specific name? Much like the Exchange, the fleet search seems to only search for a limited number of milliseconds before returning search results. Sometimes you have to refresh your search multiple times. There are over 20,000 fleets. They're definitely not going to try and present all of them in that UI.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    And you've searched for your fleet's specific name? Much like the Exchange, the fleet search seems to only search for a limited number of milliseconds before returning search results. Sometimes you have to refresh your search multiple times. There are over 20,000 fleets. They're definitely not going to try and present all of them in that UI.

I have entered in many search parameters. Try entering the exact name yourself. You can see 0 results are returned.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Yeah I couldn't find it.

You didn't explicitly say it, so I'll ask even though you probably double checked this: In the fleet window on the Information tab (between Roster and Settings) are "Hide From Fleet Search" and "Hide Fleet Search Member List" checked or unchecked?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Gateway says his fleet is hidden, so this is a case of PEBKAC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Gateway says his fleet is hidden, so this is a case of PEBKAC.

It's unchecked, I even made sure.
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I was able to find your fleet in the search window. I just put in "Frontier", but had to hit the search button a couple times before in came up.

I have the same problem searching for my fleet as well. Like a previous poster mentioned, a weak search engine.

Hope this helps. :)
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I was able to find your fleet in the search window. I just put in "Frontier", but had to hit the search button a couple times before in came up.

I have the same problem searching for my fleet as well. Like a previous poster mentioned, a weak search engine.

Hope this helps. :)

I see, thanks for checking for me, but that is indeed frustrating considering I wanted to be the owner of a fleet that didn't spam random invites unannounced rudely.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your welcome. :)

Also, it appears that your fleet will not come up in the search if no one with invite permissions are on-line.

I searched for my Klingon fleet while logged in as my Fed fleets CEO and was not able to get a return.

Yes, it is a shame, as I too shudder at the thought of spamming invites....:(
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Your welcome. :)

Also, it appears that your fleet will not come up in the search if no one with invite permissions are on-line.

I searched for my Klingon fleet while logged in as my Fed fleets CEO and was not able to get a return.

Yes, it is a shame, as I too shudder at the thought of spamming invites....:(

Oh I see, hopefully Cryptic can see this issue and work on it. Again thanks for the info :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Oh I see, hopefully Cryptic can see this issue and work on it. Again thanks for the info :)

No problem.

If I may suggest, the most un-invasive way to recruit new members would be to use the forums. People often post looking for fleets, and you (if you have not already) could start a thread there. Keep checking daily and you never know what treasures (a good fleet member is a treasure to be sure) that you may find there....

PS. If you do start a recruitment thread, be sure to bump it as many get buried quickly....
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Interesting.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote: