Options

No more alien nofederation ships

13»

Comments

• Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    jaguarskx wrote: »
    Overall, I don't have a problem if people wanna fly alien ships....

... as long as they are not attempting to play a T1 ship in an Elite STF.... :)

It would be nice for my Fed VA to fly around in a Bird of Prey... Hey if Kirk can do it, then I would like the opportunity as well... I can skip the whale part though...

I'll make sure to pop out my NX Class next time I do an elite STF :D
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    gooddaytodie39gooddaytodie39 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll one up that and say that I want a Vo'Quv for my Fed that summons Mirandas and Constitutions to fight.

Now you have gone too far sir!!:P
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    feiqa wrote: »
    Just curious. How do we rate Mirror universe ships? Or the Temporal vessels?
    Both are also lock box ships, set to the faction and canonical. ((Well alter the paint job and the mirror are canonical.))

Terran ships seem okay, since they are similar in tech and maybe in times of war starfleet can learn from their counterparts more agressive vessels

The temporal vessels seem odd to me, I would have thought the department of temporal investigations would have rounded them all up by any means and impounded them
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well I don't think I agree on that.
    First, even by your own logic its 3-9 captains, KDF Rom and fed possibly of each class.
    Also its obviously (and forced) 2-6 admirals and 1-3 general, no captain.

To some degree you are obviously right. The Story missions happen only ONCE. Only one ship goes back in time and fixes stuff. Only one ship, story wise, has an annoying guest promoting himself to first officer named thovan khev. Harkeev gets only killed once ect ect.

That doesnt mean that the others are "not there". From my perspective they are simply not the people who did that stuff. And from other peoples perspective I'm not the one who did that stuff.
    And thats to some degree why I like the Alien ships: Other players are from my in-character perspective what make them, unless I actually RP with them (which happens pitifully VERY rarely there days).
    And if I see a Breen ship flying around from my POV that doenst mean its a federation captain (admiral :mad: ) on a Breen ship. It might be a mercenary on a Breen ship. It might be a Breen dimploat. My characters does not know, but in verse "another captured ship" is not what springs to mind IMO.
    Especially on locations like DS9 its much more immersive to see a wild mix of ships. On ESD its kind of distracting.

It is quite cool to see a large mix around DS9, even more so around dronzana station

I think perhaps ESD would see a lot of commecial traffic though, those starbases are important trading hubs

I think i shall try to see it that way in future, Even the Dominion have diplomats
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    adverbero wrote: »
    It is quite cool to see a large mix around DS9, even more so around dronzana station

I think perhaps ESD would see a lot of commecial traffic though, those starbases are important trading hubs

I think i shall try to see it that way in future, Even the Dominion have diplomats

This is how I saw it from the beginning, and I've never had a problem with lockboxes existing, (How they've been implemented is another matter).
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just because there is no information on a broader use of such ships in the franchise, doesn't necessarily mean that there can't or shouldn't be one.. like induperator already mentioned.. it's a time of war and during that, anything can happen. Just as another example.. during WW2 the germans used a large number of captured soviet T-34 tanks and included them in several of their Panzer Divisions and used them not just for "specific" missions, but also at the front line.

War, or not, the only non-Federation vessels that have any reasonable canon (as in STO canon) justification for being in Starfleet service, are the Galor and D'Kora.

That being said, I have no problem with people flying what the want. As long as they are having fun.

Because that is what counts in the end.