Republic day is comming

2»

Comments

• Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    he said "The Teral'n Staff".

Correct. It was a relic of the Debrune, according to the lead-in comic. While there might be more lying around somewhere, that's not stated, and they would be rare at most.
    the UFP gets a pet, thus the expectation should really be a pet. not some super duper peice of gear. Klingons getting a weapon is, IMHO sort of the oddman out and they proably should have gotten some cosmetic thingy instead.

I think my Orion got that bat'leth last year and was disappointed; iirc, the bat'leth from Q's Winter Wonderland was more potent.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Its from Jar Jar Trek so its not going to happen and before someone says "its from the prime universe" ... thats not the issue, the issue is that its a visual prop from the movies and thus copyrighted by Paramount (same with the Jellyfish) so licensing is harder considering the grip Jar Jar have over the JJ Trilogy.

Since its from the countdown comic it CAN appear here. Same for the Jellyfish and even the Narrada herself.
    While I wouldn't want any of those (I hate the Jar Jar verse), but the staff looks nice. And it... or any artifact LIKE it would tie in nicely with my characters background.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    No, it cannot.

Those are copyrighted by Paramount, the Countdown comic had a license to use it and thats it, just because it appeared on a licensed work doesnt mean Cryptic can just take it if holder the is Paramount as Cryptic license is with CBS.

It seems there is the confusion about Star Trek: Countdown being make for Star Trek Online, it wasnt .. it was created for Star Trek 2009.

Again, the issue is its a prop from Star Trek 2009 and copyright falls into Paramount.

Yes it can. Everything that appeared in the Countdown comic can appear here. Sorry that are just facts. And commonly known by the way.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The only fact I see is people continue to misunderstand how copyright works.

The Countdown comics were under license from Paramount, I would like to know the logic were Paramount would lost its copyright because they appeared on a licensed work.

The Millennium Falcon appeared on Star Trek: First Contact and I dont think anyone would say Disney lost the copyright over that ship because of it.

Beeing a lawyer I'm pretty sure I know a lot better then you how copyright works.

But we are going in circles. You can continue to try to pass your misinformation as fact if you want, that does not change the facts..
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The only fact I see is people continue to misunderstand how copyright works.

The Countdown comics were under license from Paramount, I would like to know the logic were Paramount would lost its copyright because they appeared on a licensed work.

The Millennium Falcon appeared on Star Trek: First Contact and I dont think anyone would say Disney lost the copyright over that ship because of it.
    *points at Red Matter Capacitor* :P

Obviously not all Nu-Trek stuff is off-limits. But I can't swear to how much isn't. Just that at least some isn't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    serenitysalanderserenitysalander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I kind of like the idea of a baby Nanov Vanity Pet, but other than that I just would like to see more Romulan items in general.
    tumblr_inline_nqn574h3sb1qhuwtq_540.jpg
    Name: Meaghan

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)
  • Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You can continue to try to pass your misinformation as fact if you want,

Oh, he's not going to stop until you admit you are wrong wrong wrong
  • Options
    umiharayuuumiharayuu Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Wouldn't it need to be recovered from the Alternate (JJ) Universe?

Nope. Nero went back through the black hole at the end. It's back! :P
    www.RIHANNSU.org
    Romulan Institute

D'Galan - Engineer
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    umiharayuu wrote: »
    Nope. Nero went back through the black hole at the end. It's back! :P

And came back in a million billion pieces.:P

It looks like *puts on sunglasses* the black hole has a crush on you.

*Flees* :D
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    serenitysalanderserenitysalander Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    astro2244 wrote: »
    And came back in a million billion pieces.:P

It looks like *puts on sunglasses* the black hole has a crush on you.

*Flees* :D
    Boo-hiss :p
    tumblr_inline_nqn574h3sb1qhuwtq_540.jpg
    Name: Meaghan

Fleets: Tal'Diann, Imperial Romulan Fleet, Axanar Marines, LGBT of Starfleet, House of Ta'al

Characters: Dhivael i'Ratleihfi t'Kamemor (Rom-KDF), Empress Sela(Rom-Fed), V'alkris Morath(Fed), Kara Thrace(Fed), Jaeih Piccolo(Rom-Fed), Ellaria(KDF), Zylim Dukat(Fed)