test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Good/Fast ways to earn Dilithium

aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
Hi all, what are the good and fast ways to earn dilithium in game? Can dilithium be purchased in the exchange?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi, dill can be earned really quick by playing the dyson ground battle zone, doing the vice admiral/general daileys, you get dill be doing stf's, the dillithium exchange requires zen to be turned into dill, you can purchase zen with real world cash and turn it into dill, these are a few things to do hope it helps.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you open the right lockboxes you have a chance to pull VIP mining tickets. Each ticket earns you 5k and takes about 60s to do. You can only use one per day... most Claim boxes give you 5-10 tickets. So for around a week you can pull 5k per day. Only catch is its random and you have to open lockboxes looking for them.

Romulan and Elachi boxes seem pretty reliable... so yes you can buy keys off the exchange open boxes and hopefully pull a claim ticket box.

Contraband missions are also pretty low time input.

Voth ground DINO killing is another good way to earn dilithium. Do an hour or so of finishing zones and you can be set for a week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fastest way is to grind stfs (including turning marks and processors into dil)
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Stocking up on contraband via Klingon doffing. The Marauding missions that raid freighters reward contraband (except for Vulcan freighters), as well as the High-risk "Raid <place>" missions that take 45 minutes. Getting 20ish contraband per round of doffing per character isn't hard that way, so long as you have a suitable stable of blue and purple doffs.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dyson ground battlezone is my number one way to rake in dilithium. You can get tens of thousands in an hour which would do you for a weeks refining probably. Plus you get lots of dyson marks and some extra loot too.

Borg STFs, if you get lucky and get 11 neural processors, that's 2000 dil worth.

Dailies like the satelite repair mission are good and quick.

Unfortunately the refining part will slow you up as you'll effectivley only get 8000 usable dil per day. But just get plenty of ore and you can refinine it over a week without putting in more than 5 mins a day work.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Dyson ground battlezone is my number one way to rake in dilithium. You can get tens of thousands in an hour which would do you for a weeks refining probably. Plus you get lots of dyson marks and some extra loot too.

Borg STFs, if you get lucky and get 11 neural processors, that's 2000 dil worth.

Dailies like the satelite repair mission are good and quick.

Unfortunately the refining part will slow you up as you'll effectivley only get 8000 usable dil per day. But just get plenty of ore and you can refinine it over a week without putting in more than 5 mins a day work.

if u got a t3 fleet mine it's 8500 per day the 500 is from a doff mission on the fleet dil mine

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The two missions in Eta Eridani. Together, they take about 10 minutes and earn the same amount as doing an ESTF. Couple these with the Defera Space Dailies and it is an easy 74Dil/ per minute. These can only be done once per day.

The two Klingon missions, Path of the Warrior or some such, in Pi Canis can be repeated every thirty minutes.

Neither of the above require waiting for an ESTF to launch.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Shhhh! You know threads like this, open up our Dilithium sources to the Cryptic nerf bat .:eek:
  • Options
    durenasdurenas Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Hi, dill can be earned really quick by playing the dyson ground battle zone, doing the vice admiral/general daileys, you get dill be doing stf's, the dillithium exchange requires zen to be turned into dill, you can purchase zen with real world cash and turn it into dill, these are a few things to do hope it helps.

This. Dyson battleground, once you get really efficient at it, can be used to cap your daily quota in 40 minutes of work. That's 8k dilithium in 40 minutes.
  • Options
    devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The "best" way to earn is the way that you actually enjoy, and doesnt feel like a grind. For me that is the foundry, since every mission is different. And dilithium rewards scale based on average mission length, so you will be rewarded proportinally to your time investment.
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Shhhh! You know threads like this, open up our Dilithium sources to the Cryptic nerf bat .:eek:

OP is a spy! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »

Well sure, which then increases the relative value of what I already have. Its the Auric Goldfinger approach. :D
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm collecting marks and implants and such. When we have the next DIL event (yes, I know, in a long time...) I'll have enough to refill my formerly millions of unrefined DIL. I haven't been playing as much as I used to, so I've fallen to 800,000 :( BUT the events are coming eventually and I suggest hoarding until then.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I'm collecting marks and implants and such. When we have the next DIL event (yes, I know, in a long time...) I'll have enough to refill my formerly millions of unrefined DIL. I haven't been playing as much as I used to, so I've fallen to 800,000 :( BUT the events are coming eventually and I suggest hoarding until then.

That's basically what I'm doing atm, I'm running dyson battlezone and borg pves for the processors, and giving what I earn in the day to the fleet, I know come the next dilithium event I will be set for a while :D
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    a3001 wrote: »

No - the OP is not a spy! Just looking for a quick way to earn enough dil to get a Negh'var for my Klingon General:D

Thank you for the responses. I'll try running some of the Dyson missions to see how far I can get.
  • Options
    revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aries73321 wrote: »
    No - the OP is not a spy! Just looking for a quick way to earn enough dil to get a Negh'var for my Klingon General:D

Thank you for the responses. I'll try running some of the Dyson missions to see how far I can get.

Didn't you get a token for that?
    How about the Mirror version, its easier to get. Or go for the fleet version.
    Ships dillithium prices are way to high to make the effort IMO.
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Doing the Foundry spot light missions can reward anything from 1440 to 2400 Dilithium in one go (and about 400-1400 every hour after that until the next day).

The Deferi dailies are also incredibly easy and fast and give out about 2400 combined.

The "explore strange new worlds" dailies are nice for feds, while Klingons are even better and have the Pi canis daily plus the missions that can be redone every hour or so.
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Also "Defense of the empire." They kick out 1400 dil per shot and there are 4 of them. Doing noting but blowing up NPCs. Not a bad way to get dil either.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    forgot about those, yeah, those are a great (and IMO, Fun) way of getting very easy Dil.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    a3001 wrote: »

Spy is sapping mah Dilithium! :P

but really, some of the best ways of getting dil have been said: dyson battlezone, elite STFs, daily missions, the foundry, etc.

also if you can get ahold of them, Dominion lockboxes are by far the best of the lockboxes for getting the dilithium claims from, as they were the first of the boxes to feature them and tend to have slightly higher odds due to not having the massive amount of junk in the loot table for the box that more recent boxes have

of course as stated before, lockboxes will require you either buy keys for zen or purchase them for ec off the exchange

me personally i just prefer doffing, i tend to make 3k a day from doffing, and with 6 toons that suits me just fine
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png