Options

Mirror Invasion Event duration is too short

124»

Comments

• Options
    vhiranikosvhiranikos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ow.. no comments.

TRIBBLE time management?? lol, seriously, dude, grow up. Sorry but your thinking is really from a little kid. WE all have 24 hours a day to do stuff. We sleep for about 8 hours (at least i try). We work for about 10 hours (total time out from my home 12 hours). So, lets see, i have left about 4 hours. And from your words.. i dont have anything to do in those 4 hours. I can use em to play STO.. hahahahahahahaha, seriously..

This is an example. And i dont have children, and still i literally didnt have time for anything.

So, i hope one day you will realize that life is a lot more than just do a couple of things and play STO.

And this is where cryptic is failing every time. And its really bad for a lot of players of STO.

One day you wake up and realize you aren't the target demographic for game companies anymore.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    vhiranikos wrote: »
    One day you wake up and realize you aren't the target demographic for game companies anymore.

Dude, i know that lol, thats not the point of the "discussion". The point is, cryptic could do really better if they cared about all the people, not only a few. And people will be more grateful. And specially people will enjoy more the events, since they will not be "forced" to make a marathon, and they will have more freedom to select what days they can do the event. But no, cryptic cant do that.. :confused:
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mruggles wrote: »
    i would assume that their reasoning is to limit the amount of "rewards" that people can get, making the reward more rare thereby worth more..if everyone can get the rewards on all of their toons easily, why have an event at all, just make it an account-wide giveaway?

My brand new fancy red bike isnt too special if every kid on the block got one too.

also anybody who has only 2 or 3 characters and has no problem doing the event every evening would get way too much rewards if they did as the op suggested, just looking at dilithium alone.
    2 months say 60 days
    14 days to get the main reward 50000 dil
    46 bonus runs at 2000 dil each 92000 dil
    total = 142000 dil

over say 3 characters that would be a grand total of 426000 dilithium.
    a big differance to the 192000 they will get over 21 days with 3 characters.

then if there is anyone out there who has plenty of time to spare and 6 or 9 characters could get 2 or 3 times that amount close to a million to a million and a half dilithium for one event.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ow.. no comments.

TRIBBLE time management?? lol, seriously, dude, grow up. Sorry but your thinking is really from a little kid. WE all have 24 hours a day to do stuff. We sleep for about 8 hours (at least i try). We work for about 10 hours (total time out from my home 12 hours). So, lets see, i have left about 4 hours. And from your words.. i dont have anything to do in those 4 hours. I can use em to play STO.. hahahahahahahaha, seriously..

This is an example. And i dont have children, and still i literally didnt have time for anything.

So, i hope one day you will realize that life is a lot more than just do a couple of things and play STO.

And this is where cryptic is failing every time. And its really bad for a lot of players of STO.

And out of those four hours, what sort of things are you doing that it occupies four hours back to back?

Now out of all those activities, what ones can be shortened or done simultaneously with another task?

Out of those tasks and the remaining, what tasks can you put off for another date or completely forgo altogether?

If you've reached this point without at least 45 minutes of free time, you're officially overbooked.

Again, get your own sh*t together before you start big league gaming. If you can't, looks like you're going to have to get your fix on an iPad. That seems to be the part you don't seem to understand. Cryptic does NOT give a TRIBBLE if YOUR personal life is occupying time. That is a YOU problem. Only you can fix that. If you can't, tough Talaxian tetons. Looks like your gaming career is on halt. Don't ask everyone to accommodate you, you learn to work things out yourself. You can't do that, sorry, you're screwed.

Don't like it?

That's life, Real and otherwise.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That shows EXACTLY my point.. seriously, some of you cant even read.. if you have a wife, children, a job, etc, how can you pretend this guy , that will have barely 30minutes -1 hour of free time in a day will be saying that 9 days is a fair margin????, any person on this situation will be lucky if he can play 2 or 3 days in a week. Lets say 4 with the weekend.

And there are A LOT of people playing STO in this situation.

Your words just dont make any sense, at least what you write now and before.

Then you don't get the reward...that's my point...It's called life...so stop complaining. There's a lot worse things in the world than not getting 50K dilithium and a Mirror Hakeev doff. A mature person would understand that. It's like when I was in collage, I thought I was sooooo freaking busy all the time. Turns out, that was the most free time I've ever had. Do I wish I had more free time? Yes. Am I going to get it? nope...so there's no point in me complaining.

If I miss my favorite TV show because I'm too busy, should I call up the TV station and demand they replay that show? nope..It's the same thing here...If I miss a day of the mirror event, I missed it, and that's it.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Again, get your own sh*t together before you start big league gaming.

Since when is STO big league gaming?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The problem with your analogy is that yes, I can DVR ALL the events to a STB, and watch them over the course of the next month or two at my own pace, not controlled by the folks from Wimbledon.

Cryptic should not penalize players with less time to devote to the event just because you believe it has to be completed in the span of three weeks. I suggest they extend it to 4 weeks, giving more players a chance to enjoy their events, otherwise if STO turns off players from this event, what makes you think players will come back to play another event in the future? :D

sorry did you miss the bit where i said i like to watch it live?

a recording is just not the same.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    dont get me wrong, i have noooo objection whatsoever if they add another week to the event especially as we had the server go down a couple of times .
    i get my 14th one tonight so if we get another two weeks rather then another one then i will get twice the bonuses for doing the extras.
    my only point is we are in no position to demand any extra time even if it is not convenient for us to play every day, if they allow the event to run longer good on them, if they dont though luck, they undoutedly have good reason to end the event as scheduled.

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is the first event I've failed to take part in as real life got in the way for once and that saddens me. I usually love the rewards.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And out of those four hours, what sort of things are you doing that it occupies four hours back to back?

Now out of all those activities, what ones can be shortened or done simultaneously with another task?

Out of those tasks and the remaining, what tasks can you put off for another date or completely forgo altogether?

He didn't say he's EATEN or BATHE yet. He's supposed to be hungry and smelling like a sewer just to play a game? He said 12 hours out the house due to work and I guess that's travel time. But he hasn't gotten dressed yet. You work at a place that allows you to come in stinking and wearing PJs or whatever you sleep in?

Or are you saying he has to go through drive thru's that ask if he wants to super size it. That's telling him to become fat. Btw, he didn't even say exercise. So unhealthy living is your suggestion to play a game that is built for a casual playstyle?
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dont get me wrong, i have noooo objection whatsoever if they add another week to the event especially as we had the server go down a couple of times .
    i get my 14th one tonight so if we get another two weeks rather then another one then i will get twice the bonuses for doing the extras.
    my only point is we are in no position to demand any extra time even if it is not convenient for us to play every day, if they allow the event to run longer good on them, if they dont though luck, they undoutedly have good reason to end the event as scheduled.

They already said it's extended to the 7th. So they had good reason to extend it then in your eyes? 2 yellow names already said it will be but they won't do the official post until Friday but in the particular thread they wanted to reassure everyone it is extended to the 7th.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I don't understand why Cryptic makes these events available for only 21 days (3 weeks) when it essentially takes 14 days (2 weeks) to accomplish it. I know someone will pipe up with the 20 hour cool down, but it is pretty much once a day. I am sure that I am not the only one who plays this game that because they have real life commitments (work, familiy, etc.) can't be on two out of three days in a row. Why can't it be extended to a month (4 weeks = 28 days) to allow the "everyman" to get a chance to get these done?

"Everyman" generally has a job that keeps them from wasting time in a time-waster (i.e. video game) anytime but the weekends - and there are not enough days in the weekends of a month for the "everyman" to complete it even then.

The sad reality is Cryptic is just another developer trying to make a buck off of an IP older than they are and they could not care less about the average player, let alone the "everyman".

Because to them the average player is a slave, and the "everyman" is worse.