What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Invasion Event duration is too short

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm not sure if there's time but you could try to do a 20hr cycle.

I think they're going to extend it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think they're going to extend it.
    Peeps who started late might need to hurry anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shirnai69shirnai69 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yes, this is an event, yes this is a game, yes all of this is optional BUT.....

If I do this as enjoyment, and collecting things like event rewards is part of my enjoyment, and if I cannot ,because of whatever reason, regularly participate fully and get the rewards, THEN my enjoyment is lessened.

From a business perspective, it is in Cryptic's best interest, not to have client's lose their enjoyment factor in their product. After all this product/service is Optional. Therefore, since it is optional, it behooves them to make sure that the highest percentage of people can participate and complete the event. Trying for 100% is unrealistic, but 80-90% is probably not.

The OP here is posting that by lengthen the run of the event, that they would get a high percentage of people able to complete the event, thereby keep more people enjoying the content, which is the goal of Cryptic. My apologies, I am assuming that is their goal, since they would lead directly to more profits. Keeping the event running longer would not cost them anymore, nor make the value of the reward less valuable since the reward's value is subjective in this game.

People really shouldn't point out problems with asking for longer run event schedule, unless they are going to look at the entire picture, not just trying to shoot down the OP from some chair in their room acting like they have some moral ground to stand on.

Objective of the company, Profit. Objective of the client, Enjoyment. When either fails to accomplish their objective, both the Company and the Client stand to lose. If the company doesn't show a profit, the game will disappear, if the client fails to enjoy the game, they will fail to participate in the game. When there are not enough clients, the game fails, when the clients don't spend enough money the game fails.

Its all a relationship, that both parties have to consider worth their efforts. That is all there is to it, whether its lockboxes, events, or new content. So, for all the people that don't spend money and then point their fingers with ridicule for those that spend money, well without that spending you will find another game that someone is spending money on. For all those that complain about those that want something to further their enjoyment, remember if there aren't enough players to support the game, hardcore or casual, then the game will end. For all those that think because they paid some amount of money that it means they should be fully compensated to their complete satisfaction, that if the company is not showing a profit it will close the doors.

Its all about Balance, and there seems to be precious little of that on the forums of most games, there is usually a clear divide between those that want to beat down someone looking for more, and those that think there should be more.
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2014
    So 3 weeks is too long for you to do something that takes 2 weeks at one run per day?...Gawd... You dont need to finish it on 20 toons...Sorry they have other things planned and dont need to have events run 3-4 months lol...
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I feel the need to point out there is already several more days then is needed to finish if you started in the first few days. if you just starting I feel for you I've been there, but some times you miss out it sucks, I still have the project for the summer ship at not even half way though.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    drasymdrasym Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously??? you are defninitely a worker from cryptic.

We not talking about having multiple toons, that is an option. The event is designed for 1 - 2 toons, not more, the "need" of adquiring the reward for other alts is just optional, but that is not the important matter of the issue.

Lets get this straight, you think that everybody should play forced almost 4 days in a week to do the event? is that your thinking??? you think STO is some kind of job that need to be done or you are not paid?? dont you realize this is a game?? that you cant enjoy it if you are forced to play whenever c ryptic wants???

The problem here is it seems you are new to the game. This is the way cryptic works, just a really tiny window to complete the event, only focused on players that spent so much time in front of the computer, that it will be hard to think they are not LFTs , monthly subscribers or people that literally pay thousands of dollars in zen every month.

A person who has a normal life, who works 8 hours a day, and he only have about 2 free hour time every day, its almost impossible to even play 30 minutes every day, that assuming that person can even log in in the day. Tell me how that is fair???? really??

There is no excuse of letting people only 25 days or so to complete the event. Cryptic as always, never cared about customers, only to gather $$$ at all costs.

No not working for cryptic.. nor was I talking about multiple toons in that post. And NO ONE IS FORCED TO EVEN DO THE EVENT!!! Yes its a game. Do what you want and ignore what you don't.
    The event time and parameters are announced at the beggining 21 days to get 14 missions done. IF you have the time do it. If not, don't.
    Fair? You are not asking.. but DEMANDING an extension on a special event to accommodate your life. Insisting a special event be extended further when its already a week past the required time to complete. IF your local store has a 3 day sale during a weekend you are working do you write them an angry letter insisting the sale be extended to "make you happy" ? NO.. "fair" is everyone who follows the special event rules gets the award and those that can't or won't do not get the award.

NEW to the game? Sorry but I don't see what that has to do with anything. According to forum join dates posted with each post, I have been here more than a year longer than you so its a rather good thing for you its not relevant.

Its a special event. Like most special events it is DESIGNED TO ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO LOG IN EVERY DAY. Encourage. Not require. You don't have to do it at all. Extending the event because someone cant play 14 out of 21 days based on some notion of "fairness" leads to why not extend it a month.. 2 .. 3... A year just to be "fair" and give "everyman" a chance.

"but I have a life" implying anyone that can log in 14 days out of 21 for 15-20 minutes at a time does not? Seriously?? If you don't have that much time to play the game, then neither do you have the time to spend the rewards. Its back to the cryptic should meet the needs of those that barely play at all argument. Again.. its a special event. If you play it LESS than 14 times during the time period YOU STILL GET THE STANDARD STF AWARDS. So many posters act like they get nothing if they don't do it 14 times. As a SPECIAL REWARD for those that go ABOVE AND BEYOND the average player's level of activity there are EXTRA AWARDS for those that meet the requirements stated at the start of the event. How is changing the event requirements in the middle of event "fair" to those that already made extra time to get the event done?

Cryptic like any business has to make money to survive. If they don't you won't have STO to play. And they DO care about customers, NO customers = no money. Indeed the whole point of the event is to encourage customers to log in daily. The more the event is extended, the less effective it will be. Suppose everyone whining "but I have a life" got their wish and got this event and others like it extended. How long is enough? Extend it another week? a month? NO matter how long you extend it someone won't complete it. And the more you extend it the less effective it becomes at encouraging customers to log in daily. To the point where it becomes useless and cryptic stops offering them.
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont think anyone will agree with you sorry. Its a fact, cryptic only cares about people who wastes more money and wastes more time in front of the computer. As i said, some people will not have even a chance to gather half of the transporters. And i dont care what you say, you are definitely someone that wants to promove cryptic's work, an employer or watever. Because what you saying is no sense at all. Sorry its a fact.

You are new to the game becasue you dont have a clue, apparently how cryptic works. They only care about money, and that translates into make the events only directed for people who are potential candidates to waste a lof of money in the game. Or, speaking other way, people who spent all the time playing STO.

Are you really a kid?????

Cryptic makes more THAN ENOUGH money and they dont need to do stupid events like this only focused to some people. A good company will focus any event to any public. And will let the players to ENJOY the game, not to force em to play specific days in a specific really tiny range of time. That makes no sense at all.

And some people wonder why this game is getting worst day by day, with people like you.. i am really not surprised, seriously.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    21 days is indeed enough time to get the event done.

Now if they can keep the game up and running for 21 days straight....

Then I'll be impressed.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Due to my work situation, I can only play on weekends. I would love for them to extend the event. I am not sure if I can complete the event, but I have been working towards getting as many as I can. Another week or two would be great!
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    like, really, 3 weeks. 21 days.

that are 3x friday, saturday, sunday = 9

dont tell me you can't manage to jump in 5 more times through the week. afterall the event pops within seconds and lasts for 13 minutes..

they are going to prolong it anyway..
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dont think anyone will agree with you sorry.

Then I'm afraid you'd be wrong because I agree with drasym.
    Its a fact, cryptic only cares about people who wastes more money and wastes more time in front of the computer. As i said, some people will not have even a chance to gather half of the transporters. And i dont care what you say, you are definitely someone that wants to promove cryptic's work, an employer or watever. Because what you saying is no sense at all. Sorry its a fact.

If this "fact" that Cryptic only cares about people who spend money, can you please explain to me how they have monetized the Mirror Event? From what I can see they are giving away Dilithium, Marks and a unique Doff for a (relatively) small investment of 15 minutes per day for 14 days.

If all they cared about was money then the Transporters would be in the Lobi store by now.
    You are new to the game becasue you dont have a clue, apparently how cryptic works. They only care about money, and that translates into make the events only directed for people who are potential candidates to waste a lof of money in the game. Or, speaking other way, people who spent all the time playing STO.

Are you really a kid?????

As I asked previously, if all they care about is money, how have the monetized the Mirror Event?
    Cryptic makes more THAN ENOUGH money and they dont need to do stupid events like this only focused to some people. A good company will focus any event to any public. And will let the players to ENJOY the game, not to force em to play specific days in a specific really tiny range of time. That makes no sense at all.

And some people wonder why this game is getting worst day by day, with people like you.. i am really not surprised, seriously.

Once again, what has money got to do with the Mirror Event? All you have to spend is a little bit of time.
  • Options
    exsteeleexsteele Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    They can't extend it too long. For instance, if the event was a month long, then a player would be able to get TWO Mirror Havkeevs, (maybe. He's purple, not gold), 100,000 Dilithium Ore, 1000 Fleet Marks, and 500 marks of any other type. With that many resources, an individual wouldn't need to run any dil or mark-rewarding content for almost 2 weeks (just log in, refine dil, collect rep rewads/start projects, maybe do some Doff missions and log out). And logging in for 15 minutes a day for a month to get to that point wouldn't do PWE's wallet any good (the less time a person plays, the less likely they're going to spend money).
  • Options
    czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jup extending it to 4 weeks will be ideal
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its useless speaking with some of you guys. I only hope, when the time comes, that none of you start complaining about the end of STO or the end of the "game". Cuz it will be no game anymore lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Its useless speaking with some of you guys. I only hope, when the time comes, that none of you start complaining about the end of STO or the end of the "game". Cuz it will be no game anymore lol.

Various people have quoted your arguments, pointed out the flaws in reasoning and your replies ignore those comments in favor of comments that border on the insulting followed by "its useless speaking with some of you guys"

Anyone else find that terribly ironic?
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's a game. get over it.

Besides, if for some reason you do not manage to complete it this time. It will eventually be repeated and you can complete it then with the full reward.
    You may even have enough time to do get the new reward and get double payout during that cycle.

If having the dilithium equivalent of 3 bucks and a situationally useful doff is that important to you, you have the wrong priorities... seriously.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    "snip".... I only hope, when the time comes, that none of you start complaining about the end of STO or the end of the "game". Cuz it will be no game anymore lol.

So your argument is not extending one special event will kill the game?
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    this thread gives me an idea.

Wimbledon starts in july and I love to watch all the matches live but I cant get much time to watch it due to commitments (work, familiy, etc.) but ill have loads of spare time in august perhaps I can demand they play Wimbledon in august so that will suit me better or perhaps if they didn't have it over such a short time frame I might be able to catch enough matches to satisfy my needs.

what are my chances do you think?

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Seriously??? you are defninitely a worker from cryptic.

We not talking about having multiple toons, that is an option. The event is designed for 1 - 2 toons, not more, the "need" of adquiring the reward for other alts is just optional, but that is not the important matter of the issue.

Lets get this straight, you think that everybody should play forced almost 4 days in a week to do the event? is that your thinking??? you think STO is some kind of job that need to be done or you are not paid?? dont you realize this is a game?? that you cant enjoy it if you are forced to play whenever c ryptic wants???

The problem here is it seems you are new to the game. This is the way cryptic works, just a really tiny window to complete the event, only focused on players that spent so much time in front of the computer, that it will be hard to think they are not LFTs , monthly subscribers or people that literally pay thousands of dollars in zen every month.

A person who has a normal life, who works 8 hours a day, and he only have about 2 free hour time every day, its almost impossible to even play 30 minutes every day, that assuming that person can even log in in the day. Tell me how that is fair???? really??

There is no excuse of letting people only 25 days or so to complete the event. Cryptic as always, never cared about customers, only to gather $$$ at all costs.

I don't work for cryptic, I am not new to the game, I am a person who has a normal life, wife, 3 children, who works not 8 but 12 hours a day, and i only have about 2 free hour time every day, its easily possible to play 60 minutes every day, plenty of time to do the event on my 3 characters, how that is fair???? I think its very fair really.:)

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited March 2014

Wimbledon starts in july and I love to watch all the matches live but I cant get much time to watch it due to commitments (work, familiy, etc.) but ill have loads of spare time in august perhaps I can demand they play Wimbledon in august so that will suit me better or perhaps if they didn't have it over such a short time frame I might be able to catch enough matches to satisfy my needs.

Excellent analogy. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I distinctly heard a Community Manager say we're gonna get an extension on it, cuz of yesterday's outage.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There was a post in that long thread about the outage there will be an extension but the post didn't say how long of an extension. So it probably won't be until Monday before hearing that part of it.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I definitely hope we get an extension by at least a few days. Yesterday the game was down almost all day for me, and today...I am having major issues staying connected. I'll be lucky if I get even a few toons done today, at the rate I keep getting DCed and then unable to get back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited March 2014

The problem with your analogy is that yes, I can DVR ALL the events to a STB, and watch them over the course of the next month or two at my own pace, not controlled by the folks from Wimbledon.

Cryptic should not penalize players with less time to devote to the event just because you believe it has to be completed in the span of three weeks. I suggest they extend it to 4 weeks, giving more players a chance to enjoy their events, otherwise if STO turns off players from this event, what makes you think players will come back to play another event in the future? :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The problem with your analogy is that yes, I can DVR ALL the events to a STB, and watch them over the course of the next month or two at my own pace, not controlled by the folks from Wimbledon.

Cryptic should not penalize players with less time to devote to the event just because you believe it has to be completed in the span of three weeks. I suggest they extend it to 4 weeks, giving more players a chance to enjoy their events, otherwise if STO turns off players from this event, what makes you think players will come back to play another event in the future? :D

Penalize players? They announced an event that requires 15-20 min participation 14 times over the 21 days. Do it just once and you get standard STF awards like any STF. Anyone that completes it 14 times gets an EXTRA award. How do you get "penalize players" out of that?
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Excellent analogy. :D

Do you really think asking for another date to a certain event is the same thing as asking for the event to last longer?
    His analogy makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with waht the OP said.
    Or are you being ironic?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Do you really think asking for another date to a certain event is the same thing as asking for the event to last longer?
    His analogy makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with waht the OP said.
    Or are you being ironic?
    Here's the thing.... Who gets to decide what date Wimbledon is played? NOT ME! (or any of the other people who just watch it on TV)

Who gets to decide what date in-game events are? :P

HINT: (not the players)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Asking nicely will get you far though.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If your real life commitments don't allow you fifteen minutes a day to call your own, you have much bigger problems in life than missing out on a video game promotion.

Between the weekday hours of six and ten p.m. , I have a teething 9 month old daughter that needs constant care (feeding, bathing, entertaining), clothes to wash (both myself/wife and daughter, she goes through at least three outfits a day) dinner to prepare/eat and cleanup after. I could have my wife do it all, but thats not fair to her either.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    indyshark wrote: »
    Due to my work situation, I can only play on weekends. I would love for them to extend the event. I am not sure if I can complete the event, but I have been working towards getting as many as I can. Another week or two would be great!

I am pretty much on the same boat. Making each month an event not only leaves more time for people to complete the event for the rewards but can set the tone for each month to be themed. I am not asking for Cryptic to bend over backwards to "accomodate me" but to give a chance for everyone, because there are people that have to not play on the weekdays (or as frequent) as they would like. As far as events coming around again, I do have 13/14 of the Crystaline event, but have yet to see it, or other events schedule to be brought back so people can finish it up. Its not like its too much to have an event last for 4 weeks insted of 3.