What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Outage (3/21/14) [Resolved!]

Comments

• Options
    zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited March 2014
    Chat was online again, but now i can not relog to game.
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • Options
    rainmotorsportsrainmotorsports Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Try opening the client instead of the launcher... The red light in the launcher is a bug...

The game is deffo up and running.

You can't just open the client it won't go very far. The launcher seems to pass the connection details to the client. Ive tried it before. Once the client is up from the launcher you can login and out all day.

Ive tried logging in about 20 times now and the machine was logged in before things went down. Client get stuck at any stage of the login process and eventually times out.

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Account server IS down at the time of posting. Edit and its back up again. Its dying like every 8 seconds.
  • Options
    michael12953michael12953 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's down for me too.. so is Neverwinter
  • Options
    spike3082spike3082 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for me its diplomatic investigations and now login timed out
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here. Cryptic probably forgot to pay their internet bill again. :eek:
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was getting some lag but the game stayed up, now it just lagged and disconnected and unable to reconnect

Problems with your chat server are probably a secondary symptom
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can't just open the client it won't go very far. The launcher seems to pass the connection details to the client. Ive tried it before. Once the client is up from the launcher you can login and out all day.

Ive tried logging in about 20 times now and the machine was logged in before things went down. Client get stuck at any stage of the login process and eventually times out.

http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online

Account server IS down at the time of posting.

Dude... i do it every day, every time I log into the game... Don't tell me it can't be done.

The only time I use the launcher, is when theres a patch.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    iceraven1977iceraven1977 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    not everyone can get in
  • Options
    rabiddjwolverabiddjwolve Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    bidzar wrote: »
    Still offline here myself. Can't even log in. There wasn't any news blip about extended outages, and so far no one but the community seems to be responding. ANYONE AT PWE READING THESES? When are we gonna be back online?
    It's 3:00pm EST = 12:00pm PST

I only changed it cause the server time must be off then cause it is saying like :00 times instead of 12:00 I thought it was PST LOL cause look at this post it says "Today, 11:13 AM" but I made the post at 3:11pm EST
  • Options
    macpennmacpenn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    the server is down for me as well.
  • Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Game is still on, but I am experiencing brief chat offline periods and wild rubberbanding.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    bonestripperbonestripper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. If the problem persist , please contact Technical Support.
    Well, my internet connection is good, healthy and in a perfect condition, so the problem is else where.
  • Options
    broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can log in, but when I try to zone into a Foundry mission, I get booted.

Message received: GS shutting down before getting to ready state
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Dude... i do it every day, every time I log into the game... Don't tell me it can't be done.

The only time I use the launcher, is when theres a patch.

So your telling me post patch that you actually close the client executable all the way (or shut the machine down) and then relaunch the client WITHOUT the launcher at a later time and still login? Every single time I have ever tried it it always times out connecting to the account server as if it was never passed the current ip. But this is always while the game is otherwise working.

If you leave the client open and logged out thats not the same thing. I ask because as I said I haven't seen it work and its a solid assumption seeing as how almost any MMO with a launcher works this way and what I observed seems the same. Thats not to say there isn't a way to make a shortcut and put the IP in a switch which if you have done is also a detail you would need to bring out.
  • Options
    shanksboyshanksboy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    For the last 30 minutes myself and other fleet members have been having issues.. We are EU based but we have had constant disconnects, unable to login into character selection screen etc etc..

It seems very intermittent at the moment but we are all experienceing problems of some sort..So i guess the big server crash is around the corner :mad:
  • Options
    logos1326logos1326 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Showing a red dot for server status on the launcher. Did login but had massive rubberbanding and when I went to change characters it timed out trying to connect to the server.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    still red and cant launch from client
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Them hamsters surely love those bags of Cheetos. :D
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    achatefwachatefw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "GS shutting down before getting to ready state"

is the message when the server disconnects from the game.
  • Options
    rippero01rippero01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    Wondeful!!!!

Hampster falls off the wheel again right in the middle of my 11 toon mirror run. I have 3 down and 8 to go this is going to take all night and TRIBBLE my weekend.

About the same for me guess I'll be all spread out b4 I get in again :mad:
    guess i'll see about doing something else...:(
  • Options
    renner64renner64 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    switch toons sat in login timed out cant get back in shows reds dot server down 2:25 pm now central USA time been trying for over 30 mins now go craptic
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    no one can get in and if you do you get booted
  • Options
    brohoulettebrohoulette Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So its Foundry weekend and Foundry missions crash with a GS error message. Quite frustrating.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    still red and cant launch from client

Account server is down again got timed out switching characters. Keep checking and try any time its up. Ive gott 10 of my 14 characters turned in so far just waiting for it to come back up again - http://www.mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    we should have know that something would go wrong with this every time they do something like this it crashes the server
  • Options
    mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great, cannot log in either.
  • Options
    fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm guessing it's the login/account server that's down. If you are already in game, you are not affected (unless you d/c). However, it appears that you cannot log into the game.
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm getting an "Unable to authenticate " error. :confused:

I can't log in :(
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Was doing the sham'ar distress call mission. 15 minutes waiting to load the screen, and after that, server disconnect.

The chat issues are only one of the issues we are experimenting, but there are A LOT more.
This discussion has been closed.