test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 9 Dev Blog #2: Militia Intelligence Regarding the Undine

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We've intercepted a top secret communication from the Romulan Republic's Militia Intelligence, revealing their recommendations in regards to the hostile species known as the Undine. Read this sensitive material in the latest entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Arggg, I want details of the Undine improvements and Terradome XD.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "Their biological technology is a rival for anything the Collective possesses, and surpasses our current technology, even with the addition of the discoveries from the Jenolan Dyson Sphere." Shouldn't that read Solanae Dyson Sphere?
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    *headdesk headdesk headdesk*

"Oh, let's not antagonize the Undine, let's go mess with the Federation's property!"

Nice priorities there :rolleyes:
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That dev blog was an interesting read.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thats about what i figured the current situation was with them, but its good to know exactly what the background information is for the new content
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All I can say is More Terradome! :P

starkaos wrote: »
    "Their biological technology is a rival for anything the Collective possesses, and surpasses our current technology, even with the addition of the discoveries from the Jenolan Dyson Sphere." Shouldn't that read Solanae Dyson Sphere?

It should. The author of the letter is Romulan and they have not had access to the Jenolan sphere until like 5 minutes ago.

Additionally:
    They came into conflict with the Undine at that time, and provided the first real challenge to Borg supremacy.

So, the Borg came into conflict with the Undine and provided the first real challenge to the Borg? :P I know what's trying to be communicated but the sentence structure doesn't function.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    ceekayzeroceekayzero Member Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Quite a good read. Wish we could get more posts like this during bits of downtime while we await content releases!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I noticed it said they were still immune to assimilation. In "Assimilation", an Undine was captured and turned Borg in that mission. I guess that is about to change with the reworked Borg and Undine missions.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Jenolan isn't necessarily an error...we don't know what goodies are coming with S9, and they could be from info from that sphere instead of the Solanae one.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agreed, very interesting. Love the blogs like this. Background information to take apart and analyze.

Admiral Tuvok has a conference in the Jenolan sphere, and all factions should be in attendance. Perhaps we will be asked to provide security, both in space and on ground, for such an event?

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I noticed it said they were still immune to assimilation. In "Assimilation", an Undine was captured and turned Borg in that mission. I guess that is about to change with the reworked Borg and Undine missions.

Remember, we stopped the Borg from learning HOW they were able to do that. So, technically, they are still immune.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From the desk of the admiralty:

For a species that denies us tactical fairness (see former accords as to where the Romulans can use cloaks spy on us and infiltrate our space while we cannot develop cloak) These "new" Romulans seem to want to take a lot from us while giving nothing in return. I have heard the words of the current Undine infiltrator, I mean federation president that we still obey an out of date accord. The RRW is not n ally of the federation, they simply call themselves that as to deny that their provocative weapons of mass destruction flying cloaked around the alpha and beta quadrants in the form of scimitar class vessels capable of wiping out entire populations in a single blow, will be used against us.. It is high time the Romulans gave back, we defended them from the Klingon onslaught, weve aided against the Elachi as well as the Tal Shiar. What has the Federation received in return? More demands that we stay at a massive tactical disadvantage.. Not developing cloak, or improved cloak detection, falling behind an arms race designed to kill all Federation species. Enough, The RRW must obery the accords they hold us to, disassemble every Scimitar in their fleet, surrender all thaleron technology, or the accords are null and void. Now speaking to the effect that the Undine are our problem and not theirs while wanting to take claim to the Jenolan dyson sphere we have possessed for decades.. This seems like a prelude to war.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Remember, we stopped the Borg from learning HOW they were able to do that. So, technically, they are still immune.

Ah yea, forgot about that.
  • Options
    chrisbrown12009chrisbrown12009 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kintisho wrote: »
    From the desk of the admiralty:

For a species that denies us tactical fairness (see former accords as to where the Romulans can use cloaks spy on us and infiltrate our space while we cannot develop cloak) These "new" Romulans seem to want to take a lot from us while giving nothing in return. I have heard the words of the current Undine infiltrator, I mean federation president that we still obey an out of date accord. The RRW is not n ally of the federation, they simply call themselves that as to deny that their provocative weapons of mass destruction flying cloaked around the alpha and beta quadrants in the form of scimitar class vessels capable of wiping out entire populations in a single blow, will be used against us.. It is high time the Romulans gave back, we defended them from the Klingon onslaught, weve aided against the Elachi as well as the Tal Shiar. What has the Federation received in return? More demands that we stay at a massive tactical disadvantage.. Not developing cloak, or improved cloak detection, falling behind an arms race designed to kill all Federation species. Enough, The RRW must obery the accords they hold us to, disassemble every Scimitar in their fleet, surrender all thaleron technology, or the accords are null and void. Now speaking to the effect that the Undine are our problem and not theirs while wanting to take claim to the Jenolan dyson sphere we have possessed for decades.. This seems like a prelude to war.

To: Starfleet Admiral Kintisho

We will not surrender ANYTHING. We have are not held by the Treaties of old because we are not the government with which those treaties were signed. You have no right to demand ANYTHING of the Romulan Republic. We are not fools. You onlt continue to aid us in hopes we do not side with the klingons and join in their war with you. We have shared access to a dyson sphere which is in OUR space and you have developed an entire starship from what you have learned, same as we have. You have also build a warship which is capable of using a cloaking device, operate smalled Defiant class, and similar vessel with cloaks, and have even refit dreadnaughts with cloaks all without our saying a word. In fact, there are many within the RR that doesnt even care and your continued cloaking technology development is of no concern to us. Do as you will. Know this: If one starfleet vessel enters Romulan space with malicious intend, it will be met with deadly force. Do not make a possilbe ally into an enemy.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2014

To: crew

Seems our occasional allies are having a spat.

Pass round the bloodwine and we'll wait and see who is the weaker for it when they're done.
  • Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It looks like you have got the names of the spheres mixed up everytime they are mentioned

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This oughta be good.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A good read and probably the only story we will get in the new Reputation.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

on tribble that mission no longer is there. same with all the borg and undine story missions
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I find these types of blogs to be boring. I want to hear about the cool new adventure zone, reputation, or mission...
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2014

To: everyone

Stop the silly pseudo-roleplaying and start whining, this is an official forum after all ! :P
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    rinkster wrote: »

To: crew

Seems our occasional allies are having a spat.

Pass round the bloodwine and we'll wait and see who is the weaker for it when they're done.

To: General Jerema, KDF

GhaH 'ej Duvan General,

It is true that we could merely observe the fallout between the Undine and Voth, as well as the Federation and the Republic, waiting for the right time to strike.
    Except, we are Klingon! So the right time to strike is now! We shall sink our bat'leths in their skulls!
    I'm calling dibbs on Commander Kaol's head as a trophy on the I.K.S. QellyS Rol.

Qapla'!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Undine are immune to Borg assimilation, aggressive, and extremely xenophobic. They are telepathic and have an immune system that will destroy almost anything that penetrates their systems. This immune system can also be used as a means of attack. They are obsessed with strength, and will destroy lesser species at the first hint of a threat to their domination of Fluidic Space. Their biological technology is a rival for anything the Collective possesses, and surpasses our current technology, even with the addition of the discoveries from the Jenolan Dyson Sphere.
    Oh how I'm gonna laugh if despite everything that's said here the Undine ships will be added to the next Lock Box...

"Yeah, Borg can't assimilate them and their organic technology is beyond our comprehension... but luckily some Ferengi have managed to salvage some Undine ships and put them in their little shiny boxes so that everyone in the universe can have a chance of flying them!"
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Oh how I'm gonna laugh if despite everything that's said here the Undine ships will be added to the next Lock Box...

"Yeah, Borg can't assimilate them and their organic technology is beyond our comprehention... but luckily some Ferengi have managed to salvage some of their ships and have put them in their little shiny boxes so that everyone in the universe will have a chance of flying them!"

Who knows, if those ships are sentient, maybe they accept bribes or like to be cuddled ? :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    To: The devs

Do you know what happens when you change your plans (hint hint PVP) (I don't blame them) midstream?

To: Me

No.

To: The devs
    Well, neither do I! That's because I don't look at PVP threads.

/stealmodifyquote
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    suaveks wrote: »

"Yeah, Borg can't assimilate them and their organic technology is beyond our comprehension... but luckily some Ferengi have managed to salvage some Undine ships and put them in their little shiny boxes so that everyone in the universe can have a chance of flying them!"

...naah... why do so when u can sell gomtuu in a box :D... ferengis breed those easily in sto-verse. bio-uber-bacon gainst bio-heads from bio-ears.
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Do some serious bug bashing before you launch it. Learn from the past...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    wolfpacknz wrote: »

The only good bug is a dead one. Although live Jumping spiders and live ladybugs are good ones too!
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Oh god, I started laughing way sooner than I expected.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That picture. Are those...tentacles? :eek: Well, that's going to make for some nightmare fuel.

And people say this game isn't becoming more asian :P
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif