test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Weekend Event (Now Ended)

Comments

• decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Captain Smirk can you edit your first post to put the numbers you mentioned in another post. People may miss it when reading through.
  • tarsudotarsudo Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I created a new sig message for this weekend. Hopefully some people take heed :)

I support your idea

Qapla'
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Time to spool up the Foundry Drives!
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We are currently running a special weekend event where you can earn Bonus Reputation Marks by playing Foundry created missions! This event will run until Monday, March 24, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

During the event, all qualifying Foundry missions will reward a choice of Reputation Marks as an additional reward upon completion.

Note: This will include a choice of Fleet Marks, Omega Marks, Romulan Marks, Nukara Marks or Dyson Joint Command Marks.

We hope you enjoy this special event and we’ll see you in-game!

~CaptainSmirk

No Undine Marks?

Boo, I want to get a jump on next month!
  • ktetchktetch Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Hey Smirk. Can you ask the devs if we could save the mark boxes till season 9 and claim Undine rep with 'em?

I did that with the ones from the winter event until bonus mark weekend, and got the bonus, I could see it working if it's flagged 'marks=all' but not if it's flagged 'marks=frond'
  • donkeybong420donkeybong420 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is this a joke, 30 marks? only 30 marks, that is so not even worth anyones time. This is a joke on us right?
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is this a joke, 30 marks? only 30 marks, that is so not even worth anyones time. This is a joke on us right?

What was the mission you ran? I ran the new Foundry Spotlight mission, The Mayns of Balnar Moon, and got in nearly 90 Marks. Did you run a farming mission or something?
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Were you shooting fish in a barrel for 15-20 minutes? Try Purity I.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drbiteydrbitey Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    hehehehehhe.

(opinion) a huge part of the community not getting loot isn't funny. nor is "voiceless groups"
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since I've not run a foundry mission once ever, do the players have recommendations as to the best quality, funnest, and most rewarding foundry missions? Would appreciate some feedback so I know where to start...

Thanks!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited March 2014
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Since I've not run a foundry mission once ever, do the players have recommendations as to the best quality, funnest, and most rewarding foundry missions? Would appreciate some feedback so I know where to start...

Thanks!
    CM

Ah, there's a link on the last page on someone's sig (it's gonna be in all yellow, can't miss it) that gives out the names of the best (or underutilizied) missions. Beyond that, click "Hail Starfleet/KDF/RR", choose the "More" option under the Foundry banner and it shoots you to the Foundry Spotlight selection.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    The spotlight missions are always a good place to start.

But there are thousands more excellent missions, some of which are listed in the thread linked in my signature.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited March 2014

Thanks!
    CM

You could always start with a spotlight, until you find an author that you really like, then do a custom search for the author's name to play his or her other stuff.

Or, just click foundry, browse all, and look through the top-rated.

There is also an old list of good missions stickied in the foundry mission subforum.

Thanks for checking our stuff out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    You're welcome! And it's going to be a pleasure to see what stuff other users have created. I'd love to do some creating myself also, but cannot afford the subscription.

I assume there's a place where I can read which missions offer what rewards?

Thanks again!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You're welcome! And it's going to be a pleasure to see what stuff other users have created. I'd love to do some creating myself also, but cannot afford the subscription.

Thanks again!
    CM

It'll say at the top of the mission description.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited March 2014

Thanks again!
    CM

You don't need a subscription to create Foundry missions. All you need is to come up with 10,000 dilithium to buy the first set of mission slots (8k for more).
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited March 2014

Thanks again!
    CM

You don't need a subscription to make missions. You just need a little dilithium, which you'll earn from playing missions.

Rewards are as follows:

You'll get 30-90 marks, depending on the length of the mission
    You'll get 480-1400ish dilithium, depending on the length
    You'll also get xp and loot that will generate ECs.

The missions have to have the gold text of "this mission offers standard rewards..."

The spotlights are more heavily rewarded, for the first spotlight you play a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat & drogyn,

Thank you for your help! Is it really only 10,000 dilithium to open up foundry spots? I am assuming there is a spot by the list of foundry missions where we can purchase our first few mission spots?

CM
  • thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Qualified = the foundry missions that have happened to be seen by the devs.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat & drogyn,

Thank you for your help! Is it really only 10,000 dilithium to open up foundry spots? I am assuming there is a spot by the list of foundry missions where we can purchase our first few mission spots?

CM

This video goes through how to start in the Foundry including buying your first slots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gckBdT32YVY

No it's an automated system. Spotlights are the ones Cryptic picks
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited March 2014

As Zorbane says it is an automated system that kicks in based on set criteria. It has to have at least 5 reviews, thus getting out of the phase where it can only be seen by players that have signed up to be reviewers, and it has to have an average playtime greater than 15-20 minutes. In practice we have seen this kick in once a mission gets about 10-20 reviews.

If a mission is struggling to get reviews, we have a lot of folks down in the Foundry section of the forums that are willing to play and review new missions (myself included).
    edited March 2014
    Totally excited by this!

Gonna go play a few missions tonight and buy myself a foundry slot to see what I can do with it...

Thanks all!
    CM
    edited March 2014
    Totally excited by this!

Gonna go play a few missions tonight and buy myself a foundry slot to see what I can do with it...

Thanks all!
    CM

If you want to see what is probably the mission that showcases what is possible, check out the most recent spotlight The Mayns of Balnar Moon by alimac30.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Its funny when people think they know what they are talking about, but dont really =P
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Why no dilithium bonus for foundry missions and why we have to wait so long until there is another diil event. Guess if its going to be another few weeks or months I might as well play another game until dil event comes back or until hourly event brought back.

Also lack of dil and mark events must be hurting the foundry, more then this foundry event might help it. I don't hardly have time in game to play foundry anymore between farming dil and marks then trying to get in some PVP before I log. If you want to help foundry bring back hourly events or make dil weekend every month so I can get that done faster and be able to play foundry.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • devtrackerdevtracker Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    Why no dilithium bonus for foundry missions and why we have to wait so long until there is another diil event. Guess if its going to be another few weeks or months I might as well play another game until dil event comes back or until hourly event brought back.

Dilithium already scales to mission length, and the reward is pretty decent. With choice of marks it definitely worth the time.
    edited March 2014

You get, like, nearly 2-3000 dil going through a Foundry Spotlight mission that lasts a good hour, why do you need a silly dil event for more?
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Also lack of dil and mark events must be hurting the foundry, more then this foundry event might help it. I don't hardly have time in game to play foundry anymore between farming dil and marks then trying to get in some PVP before I log. If you want to help foundry bring back hourly events or make dil weekend every month so I can get that done faster and be able to play foundry.

You can already max out 8K very quickly. Rep marks needed the bonus more.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    devtracker wrote: »
    Dilithium already scales to mission length, and the reward is pretty decent. With choice of marks it definitely worth the time.
    I can cap a character in that time or less with dil event
    You get, like, nearly 2-3000 dil going through a Foundry Spotlight mission that lasts a good hour, why do you need a silly dil event for more?
    PVPers need lots of dil especially if you have alts to gear, I need 5 spire tac consoles, spire core, elite fleet weapons, rep gear, etc, hundreds of thousands worth of dil
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    You can already max out 8K very quickly. Rep marks needed the bonus more.

yes I can but it would not involve the foundry so I would be doing something else and only foundry later if I can squeeze it in. Last foundry mission I did last was yours btw, good job, will try another sometime in between my grind.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • soleta63soleta63 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Thanks!
    CM

Captain Revo just do an Author search for "Capt_Revo" one of the best out there both "Federation" &"Klingon Faction"not allot of grind challenging fights and well rounded stories well crafted. And I can't forget Spotlight mission by my fellow fleet-mate Knuckles "12th Honor Guard".

Also if you want to "STORE" DIL just do Dyson Sphere Battle-zone.

The SBUGC List of Great Missions (2.0)

Love Soleta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.