test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Weekend Event (Now Ended)

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We are currently running a special weekend event where you can earn Bonus Reputation Marks by playing Foundry created missions! This event will run until Monday, March 24, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

During the event, all qualifying Foundry missions will reward a choice of Reputation Marks as an additional reward upon completion.

Note: This will include a choice of Fleet Marks, Omega Marks, Romulan Marks, Nukara Marks or Dyson Joint Command Marks.

We hope you enjoy this special event and we’ll see you in-game!

~CaptainSmirk
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Going to be a good weekend.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Starting this Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 10AM PDT we will be running a special weekend event where you can earn Bonus Reputation Marks by playing Foundry created missions! This event will run until Monday, March 24, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

Click here to convert this to your local time.

During the event, all qualifying Foundry missions will reward a choice of Reputation Marks as an additional reward upon completion.

Note: This will include a choice of Fleet Marks, Omega Marks, Romulan Marks, Nukara Marks or Dyson Joint Command Marks.

~CaptainSmirk

Is the amount of marks set, regardless of the length of the mission? Just wanted to know whether it's worth it to actually sit down and pay attention to a story or whether it's more time-efficient to shoot shieldless ships in a barrel for ECs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Going to be a good weekend.

Just as long as it gets people to play our missions.

I can picture people asking 'Y Dis no give reward?!' when they do a farm mission.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • rogueeenterpriserogueeenterprise Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Glad there's an official weekend event for Foundry! I hope that people that check this out after getting through Mirror Event grinding. Try some non spotlight missions too, there are some gems out there!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just as long as it gets people to play our missions.

I can picture people asking 'Y Dis no give reward?!' when they do a farm mission.

hehehehehhe.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    kirksplat wrote: »
    ... or whether it's more time-efficient to shoot shieldless ships in a barrel for ECs.

99% of these missions no longer qualify for foundry rewards so they won't give the marks box anyways
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Is the amount of marks set, regardless of the length of the mission? Just wanted to know whether it's worth it to actually sit down and pay attention to a story or whether it's more time-efficient to shoot shieldless ships in a barrel for ECs.

Waiting on an answer to this from the devs. Will reply soon!

~CaptainSmirk
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Waiting on an answer to this from the devs. Will reply soon!

~CaptainSmirk

Reminds me of the actual stories I'd like to see unqiue/bound specific doffs that are characters from actual Star Trek feeling foundry missions. It wouldn't be too hard to do since there aren't many authors who actually make stories unlike quote the "barrel of ec" rofl. I do enough farming I usually only play the ones that I actually know before hand I'm going to enjoy. Although I think especially the romulan rep could use some decent side stories as a way to get decent romulan marks off them besides grinding the same old boring romulan content thats always the same even though none of my characters need any romulan rep marks anymore.
    edited March 2014
    Reminds me of the actual stories I'd like to see unqiue/bound specific doffs that are characters from actual Star Trek feeling foundry missions. It wouldn't be too hard to do since there aren't many authors who actually make stories unlike quote the "barrel of ec" rofl. I do enough farming I usually only play the ones that I actually know before hand I'm going to enjoy. Although I think especially the romulan rep could use some decent side stories as a way to get decent romulan marks off them besides grinding the same old boring romulan content thats always the same even though none of my characters need any romulan rep marks anymore.

NCC-89471 has a Foundry series for Romulan players called "Valley of the Shadow".
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The overlap of the Foundry and the Mirror Events will make this weekend extremely busy... But profitable!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Smirk is baaaaaackkkk!!!!!!! :D
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    how often can you play said missions and get the rewards ? , is it not limited to once every 20 hours or so ? .
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    usscapital wrote: »
    how often can you play said missions and get the rewards ? , is it not limited to once every 20 hours or so ? .

wow.. Wait until Worffan sees that.:eek::mad:

Editing is not fair by the way
    edited March 2014
    usscapital wrote: »

The regular foundry reward is every 45 minutes or an hour (can't remember exactly). This would include the mark box

The 20/24hour cooldown is for the spotlight reward
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    wow.. Wait until Worffan sees that.:eek::mad:

Editing is not fair by the way

I did not want to get a warning again for something said in jest like last time so I removed the comment to avoid breaking rules :rolleyes:;)

zorbane wrote: »
    The regular foundry reward is every 45 minutes or an hour (can't remember exactly). This would include the mark box

The 20/24hour cooldown is for the spotlight reward

thanks for the info
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • maltinpolarmaltinpolar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I fail to see how this is a good thing. Most qualifying Foundry missions I've played are a 45-60 minute ordeal of scores upon scores of wall-of-text dialog pop-ups, and maps overpopulated with every conceivable object and visual effect the Foundry editor allows. No, thank you very much.

Wasting more than 15 minutes of precious playtime to earn 75 marks tops is hardly my definition of efficiency. Just saying.

Cheers.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What, no further details about S9?

Why am I not surprised.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited March 2014
    I fail to see how this is a good thing. Most qualifying Foundry missions I've played are a 45-60 minute ordeal of scores upon scores of wall-of-text dialog pop-ups, and maps overpopulated with every conceivable object and visual effect the Foundry editor allows. No, thank you very much.

Wasting more than 15 minutes of precious playtime to earn 75 marks tops is hardly my definition of efficiency. Just saying.

Cheers.

Story-driven foundry missions are obviously not worth your time. Some people actually want story content and that's what the foundry was meant for.
    johngazman wrote: »
    What, no further details about S9?

Why am I not surprised.

There was no blog posted yet. They can still put one up. We still have at least a month(?) before Season 9 is set to release. Be a bit patient.

edited March 2014

Cheers.

Sorry to dampen your drive for MMO efficiency. If you ever take a break from grinding, you might suddenly feel like it's Star Trek.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stevencherylstevencheryl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So I've been admiring the artwork for the Foundry weekend, and I'm thinking;
    If that (scene) was in a foundry mission, I would need to play it now!

That's some nice work there!
    Steve@SCCreations - Fleet General - Persistent Officer Title & Accolade
    Deceiver's Lair Fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sorry to dampen your drive for MMO efficiency. If you ever take a break from grinding, you might suddenly feel like it's Star Trek.

But if that feeling was stronger, wouldn't need to try and bribe people with marks, and people who need to be bribed with marks will likely continue to skip foundry this weekend as weel unless rewards are reasonable. Catch 22.
    edited March 2014
    So I've been admiring the artwork for the Foundry weekend, and I'm thinking;
    If that (scene) was in a foundry mission, I would need to play it now!

That's some nice work there!

All of those props are in the foundry if you took a screenshot during a holodeck fade out. But you have issued a challenge! Foundry authors, please post some artwork to get some plays.

Off to take a few screenshots...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It mentions it is for all qualifying missions. Why not make it for all of them. I am asking because I am not sure how one becomes, or no longer becomes qualifying.

It would be awesome if all of them could get this.

Also, is that reward only given once per mission per day, or every time you queue that same mission? (Which would be cool also).

Thanks,

Tim.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zorbane wrote: »
    NCC-89471 has a Foundry series for Romulan players called "Valley of the Shadow".

I'll prolly try that one out then. I think what the game needs is a focused organization listing of categories of what kind of missions are out there.
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Starting this Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 10AM PDT we will be running a special weekend event where you can earn Bonus Reputation Marks by playing Foundry created missions! This event will run until Monday, March 24, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

Click here to convert this to your local time.

~CaptainSmirk
    Not all missions will give out marks.
    edited March 2014
    I'll prolly try that one out then. I think what the game needs is a focused organization listing of categories of what kind of missions are out there.

Try searching for [ROM] in the foundry catalog. I believe some people used that to differentiate between Romulan-focused and regular Fed/KDF foundry missions.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    edited March 2014
    A few Federation missions.

To find, click Foundry, Browse all, and change the category to top rated to custom, then search "kirkfat." You must be 41+ to find one of these.

Waiting for the Light

Trojan Horse

The Return to Terra Nova

Helna of Troy

The Dance of the Dead

I also recommend the Purity series of spotlights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »
    It mentions it is for all qualifying missions. Why not make it for all of them. I am asking because I am not sure how one becomes, or no longer becomes qualifying.

Also, is that reward only given once per mission per day, or every time you queue that same mission? (Which would be cool also).

Thanks,

Tim.
    jrq2 wrote: »
    Not all missions will give out marks.

We're not 100% sure what counts as a qualifying mission. We know it needs at least 5 reviews and be 15-20 minutes long. I don't know about the reward but I assume it's going to be for every time you get the basic Foundry mission rewards (which as a cooldown of about 45 minutes to an hour I don't remember exactly)

If you let any foundry mission give the mark box then someone can make a mission where you press a console and get the reward....which I'm sure is not what Cryptic is looking for.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    edited March 2014
    razar2380 wrote: »

Thanks,

Tim.

I believe a mission that is qualified for receiving rewards is one that is a mission of a certain length and has gotten a certain amount of plays. Farming missions do not qualify since they're designed to be shorter, therefore it'll only be story-based missions that will be able to qualify.The reason why the other missions will not qualify is because foundry missions used to be used for exploits when it was a daily.

They turned it from a daily to a repeatable and upped thing so 1 click missions could no longer qualify. Valentine's day 2013, they removed fleet marks from this daily and made the dilithium reward automatically at the end of the mission. This was done because people were playing foundry missions simply for the fleet marks.

Now that they are offering a choice of marks for this weekend, they want to make sure people are will not be simply trying to exploit this weekend. Chances are that like the dilithium for non-spotlighted missions, the rewards will be once per hour in order to keep things fair. The foundry is after all supposed to be a creative outlet for people to tell stories, not as a source to farm.

• psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    We really do need to know if this event covers any User Generated Content beyond those found in the Foundry Spotlight? I'd love for that Spotlight page to become tabbed by faction. Each list may continue to get longer. But we shouldn't need to scroll down so many pages.

By the way, what happened to RachelGarrett's The Longing? Was that not our very first spotlight?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
This discussion has been closed.